It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning christmas light bulbs off and on with finger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Over this christmas I was on my friends couch playing around and I got up and shocked the crap out of them. so I started playing around with it and rubbing my leg on the couch and shocking things. I went over to a christmas light bulb touched it and just that one went off. I go back to gain more static electricity and go back and touch it and it comes back on. I was amazed by something so stupid of course but anyways I dont know how paranormal that is but I felt like telling and and nowhere to put it.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Static electricity can seem strange but fun and dangerous all at the same time. I was once able to light up (for a second) about 2 feet of one of the large (I believe 50,000 volt) overhead florescent light bulbs by touching it (when I had a severe static electricity problem). A small florescent bulb would light up and stay lit for a whole minute after my roomate shook his blanket in the air about a foot away from the light. I also and accidently knocked my roomate's TV picture right out with an audible discharge from my finger to his tv. The picture came back on after a few seconds. This was also due to the static problem we had.

It still seems odd to me even now how one can turn on the water with their right hand (on a metal faucet) and then get shocked with their left hand as they touch the water to see if it's hot or cold etc. The electricity discharges between my left hand and the stream of water coming out of the faucet. That seems strange to me now. I don't believe any of this is paranormal though. Ever alter the direction of water coming out of a running faucet? It's really simple. Just turn on the water. Then get yourself charged up (rubbing something usually works if it's the proper material) then move your finger close to the water but not too close. The water will move towards your finger that is unless you get too close and a static discharge occurs.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
yesterday I was cleaning my bedroom and I was making the bed, lots of blankets flying in the air ya know...my hand waved in front of the tv and the tv turned on.

my tv is like this, you turn it on and off with the remote, but there is a master button, if that button is off, you cant turn it on with the remote..the master button was on andt he remote was on my desk, my hand turned it on, was it static electricty??

join