It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A racist white professor tells Africans Their Intellectual Ability Not Good Enough For White

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme
I had no idea Australia was like this, and it seems this racist has a rather large following/support in his home country, absolutely disgusting. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you are actively engaged in education and this is the rhetoric you are giving folks, one has to wonder.

Well, there's no doubt plenty of racism in Australia. But this guy was Canadian born and educated in the US, he also taught American constitutional history at a University in Sydney, he probably had an American accent.

Drew Fraser

From what I can see his main claim was that the influx of Sudanese immigrants into Australia would create more crime and social problems and he advocated reintroducing the 'white australia policy'.

He's obviously an idiot and I don't agree, but it is he's right to say it, in a country with free speech. Plus, he's claims about Sudanese immigrants is not much different to the crap people like to rant on about lately when it comes to Muslim immigration.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There are white, brown and black African people, why does the OP say "it seems the oppression against blacks is never ending"? He basically says he doesn't like anyone but white and so I think it covers a wide range...hehe

edit on 29-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
This is simply a post to try to counter this thread...

Thread

I won't even say nice try because what you are attempting is pathetic...

I'm glad you caught on, I actually wasn't trying to be pathetic I just wanted to see if this would gather the same response that other thread was getting, it's hard for me to not point out hypocrisy by setting a living-breathing example and social experiment such as this.

Evidence we can see

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

I'd love to respond but can't watch the video so don't know for sure what was said or who said it. Sorry :/

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So his evidence for this is based on what? One bell chart?

If he wanted to make his case, I would think cultural attitudes and values would be a better place to go. If the Sudanese are not likely to move to Australia and adopt Australian cultural attitudes and values on the importance of education, including early childhood learning, which has a decent impact on IQ, then maybe he would have a better point. But if the Sudanese do tend to adopt those cultural values, then that bell graph is likely to shift when the Sudanese move to Australia.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It's not hypocrisy unless we agree with it or support it.

I'd love to respond but don't have all the facts because on vacation and not at home and don't have video here.

That being said, I'll assume it's some professor saying racist stuff about black intelligence, since that's all I got as the thread title.

Yeah the guy is a racist bigot if he said so, and he deserves to be called out on such.

No one is denying racist white bigots exist. If you think we are you're pretty thick. What we're saying is racist black bigots exist also, and like this guy saying bigoted # doesn't make me a racist bigot cause we're both white. That other black professor saying racist # doesn't make all blacks racist either.

The problem is if you apply to broad a brush to the term racist it loses all meaning. To a degree everyone is racist, but not to the degree that matters. The racism that matters is the kind that's actually harmful. The minor kind which everyone has, like being uncomfortable if the only white guy, or only black guy on a bus full of people of a different skin color is not.

Being uncomfortable as a white guy in a all black neighborhood in the slums is not. Being uncomfortable because someone black dresses like the stereotypical gangbanger and is three times your size with his three similar friends is not a problem. Same as a black guy being uncomfortable cause some dude looking like the stereotypical racist redneck shows up with his similarly dressed friends with a confederate flag on their pick up truck is not the problem.

This is not racism that matters, it's self preservation, you'd be an idiot to not be cautious in this scenario. That black guy might just be into gangster rap... or he could be a gangbanger. Those redneck looking guys, may just be misguidedly proud of their southern heritage, or they could secretly be kkk. Both are possible, it's not racism, not in the way that matters.

Most people are racist, but not in the way that they should be called racist and part of the problem. Then again, are either of those scenarios truly racism? Or is it taking reasonable precautions based on how both groups chose to represent themselves?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh oh the circle jerk crowd wont like this thread, they might come in and complain, then say its the fault of the pc crowd.

Which one do you belong to?

It's hard to tell the difference.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

Brother you don't wish you were black, believe me wish for something else in this civilization!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408
Would you "knock a couple of his teeth down his throat, put him in his place" as well, like you said you would do to the black professor from the other thread? Hypothetically speaking of course, if he were from your country.

edit on 29-12-2015 by Crazy Diamond because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

Well folks, it seems the oppression against blacks is never ending! And this coming out of the mouth of professors!

Video:
www.nairaland.com...

I had no idea Australia was like this, and it seems this racist has a rather large following/support in his home country, absolutely disgusting. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you are actively engaged in education and this is the rhetoric you are giving folks, one has to wonder.

It should

"the oppression against the blacks is never ending"......huh?

I wish I was black, then I would have all kinds of free stuff handed to me like jobs im not qualified for( thnx affirmative action) or extreme amounts of help getting into a college and paying for it( thnx united negro college fund and black only universities) and special advocates to try to endlessly increase these hand outs ( thnx NAACP)!

They should try being a white male and getting none of the above, then tell me about oppression.

What a joke of a comment, in the OP no less.

Look at all the stars for the blatantly racist remark. Not qualified for? How do you assume that? Oh of course their black. Really they only get help from the government? Or us it for low income families? News flash! White men run the world! This country included. Quit your whining!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Crazy Diamond

I'm not violent like that, but my disgust for this guy is more than the other guy.

This guy is calling blacks intellectually inferior.

While the other guy is just calling all whites racist while pretending he isn't also. He's a hypocrite, and calling himself sexist doesn't change that.

In modern america the racism most whites have is that minute insignificant kind that is nothing more than being uncomfortable in uncommon scenarios where it's mostly unfamiliarity that creates the issue. The same kind every person has.

Whites wouldn't even have that if people didn't keep insisting race was a thing. The very fact that I know blacks think of me as white makes me nervous when surrounded by blacks I don't know, because I know black on white violence exists. I don't care that they're black, but I know plenty of blacks care that I'm white.

I don't necessarily know if they are the violent type but they could be. So when I'm in a scenario where I'm outnumbered I get nervous. Does that make me racist? I have no idea. Part of me wants to say hell no. Since it's not their race that's the problem, it's the concept of race that is.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The other reason why one gets discussed more than the other is.

Guy calls blacks intellectually inferior. Most people agree it's a bs statement and anyone who says that is a dinosaur that needs to go back to the stone age. So not much to say.

Guys a dick, everyone agree? Yup.

But some black guy said a racist things against whites. It's controversy when people call him on it. Denial denial denial.

If racists were simply called out, whether black or white. Both would get mostly crickets after everyone agreed the person was a dick and needed to make amends for being a douche.

But that's not the world we live in. Instead blacks can be prejudiced til the cows come home. Which is what people have an issue with.

I don't like bigoted whites, but I don't like bigoted blacks either. But damn me if I call out both. Only one is allowed.

I want a day where I don't need to worry about someone seeing me as white and can stop being forced to see people as black because they insist it makes them different than me.

I want to just consider it a skin color, a descriptor no more significant than my hair or freckles. But that's not possible because people refuse to work towards humans just being #ing humans and insist on making it about this made up racial bull# rather than about humans rights and ending prejudicial bullpucky.

Racism is bad because there is no race. That should be the argument you #ing dill weeds. Instead it's made into a white vs. everyone else, or an everyone else verses whites thing. News flash, as long as you insist on fighting racism by supporting it's root cause, it's never going to work.

The only way to end racism is to become human. End racism by ending race, it's made up, scientifically confirmed to be bull#. Your skin color has no more significance than my hair color. The only reasons racism exists is because people on all sides refuse to give it up and fight it as being the ignorant concept it is.

The reason the guy this post is about is an ignorant asshole is he's associating intelligence with an entirely cosmetic aspect of the singular human species.
edit on 12/29/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This prof sounds like he's as much of a dick as the people who decided all bikies are crims.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
I am not from US but I did live there for several years as a student. As white as I am and living in Trenton(NJ) few minutes drive from ghettos, I've had not a single problem with black people. I went to school with them, played basketball with them, made few very good friends. I even went several times to downtown Trenton for some "herbs" in a relatively nice car, no issues. Perhaps I was just lucky, perhaps I treated them the way I would like to be treated.
I would be lying if I said there were no situations where I felt uncomfortable being the only white guy around but overall I realized we are pretty much the same, products of our environment.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
To me this feels like some kind of bait. And I've noticed that people are rather subdued lately.

If people's grades are appropriate and they meet entrance requirements, then this is racism.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

Well folks, it seems the oppression against blacks is never ending! And this coming out of the mouth of professors!

Video:
www.nairaland.com...

It should

"the oppression against the blacks is never ending"......huh?

I wish I was black, then I would have all kinds of free stuff handed to me like jobs im not qualified for( thnx affirmative action) or extreme amounts of help getting into a college and paying for it( thnx united negro college fund and black only universities) and special advocates to try to endlessly increase these hand outs ( thnx NAACP)!

They should try being a white male and getting none of the above, then tell me about oppression.

What a joke of a comment, in the OP no less.

Boohoo. I'm not for racism of any flavor and I'm not for people getting more for their race or gender. Best candidate for the job, slot in school, scholarship, or whatever.

Spare me the sob story. If you're white and male, just excel and you'll be fine. If you're not excelling then by all means take a lesson from you're own rhetoric and pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make something of yourself.

I personally am glad to work for everything I earn, but you are bitching about it and wishing you had everything handed to you. In the same breath you're condemning handouts and favoritism, but then wish you had it.

I want an equal playing field, but if there isn't one I'm still going to work hard and succeed. Boohoo if you're not willing.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

It's just click bait. This has nothing to do with us.

Who is ‘us’? Americans? White Americans?

Your prejudices are showing, chum. This site isn’t just for, or about Americans. It was founded by an Englishman and has members from all over the world. One of them is me.

And racism is the same all over the world, too. You stand exposed — for about the hundred and fiftieth time on ATS.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow this is a day for racism threads, just kilk on the Black Racist Professor thread after posting my own thread about
One Of The Many Face of Racism in America
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'd love to see a duel of the Professors, Btw Africans out stripped others in higher education in England I throw this in there because it's an international thing.
Genetics

Race, Intelligence and IQ: Are Blacks Smarter than Whites?

In the UK, 1988, the Commission for Racial Equality conducted an investigation on the admissions practices of St. George's, and other medical colleges, who set aside a certain number of places for minority students. This informal quota system reflected the percentage of minorities in the general population. It was discovered that minority students with Chinese, Indian, or black African heritage had higher academic qualifications for university admission than did whites (Blacks in Britain from the West Indies had lower academic credentials than did whites). In fact, blacks with African origins over the age of 30 had the highest educational qualifications of any ethnic group in the British Isles (Cross, 1994). According to the 1991 British Census, 26.5 percent of black Britons who were born in Africa had at least some college education. In contrast, only 13.4 percent of white Britons had gone to college.Thus, the evidence pointed to the fact that minority quotas for university admissions were actually working against students from these ethnic groups who were on average more qualified for higher education than their white peers (Cross, 1994; Also see, Dustmann and Theodoropoulos, 2006).

Dustmann and Theodoropoulos (2006) provided the first thorough investigation of educational attainment and economic behavior of ethnic minority immigrants and their children in Britain. This study investigated how British born minorities performed in terms of education, employment and wages when compared to their parent’s generation, as well as to comparable groups of white natives using 27 years of “LFS data” (Labour Force Survey). In both generations Black Africans topped the list in both years of schooling/educational qualifications and wages/employment followed by Indian and Chinese immigrants. This study generally found a strong educational background for Britain’s ethnic minority immigrant population; with second generation ethnic minorities, ‘on average’, doing better than their parents, and “substantially better” than their white peers in most socio-economic indicators and outcomes.
www.africaresource.com...

Now I don't think anyone is by nature smarter than anyone else, more than likely it have to do with environment expectations and hard work if westerners of all stripes fall behind newly arriving African immigrants it maybe due in-part to changes in those societies,such as distractions and the newly arrived carries old school work ethic and a no nonsense approach to education usually taken for granted by spoiled native borns.
Black Immigrant Model Minorities.

WASHINGTON-Do African immigrants make the smartest Americans? The question may sound outlandish, but if you were judging by statistics alone, you could find plenty of evidence to back it up.

In a side-by-side comparison of 2000 census data by sociologist John R. Logan at the Mumford Center, State University of New York at Albany, black immigrants from Africa average the highest educational attainment of any population group in the country, including whites and Asians.

For example, 43.8 percent of African immigrants had achieved a college degree, compared to 42.5 of Asian Americans, 28.9 percent for immigrants from Europe, Russia and Canada, and 23.1 percent of the U.S. population as a whole.

That defies the usual stereotypes of Asian Americans as the only “model minority.” Yet the traditional American narrative has rendered the high academic achievements of black immigrants from Africa and the Caribbean invisible, as if it were a taboo topic.
faroutliers.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I mean Americans, the country where racial ethnicity determines the outcome of your actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join