It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SPECULUM

Yes, you can Suffocate due to extreme heat
How hot does it have to be to cause suffocation?

Wait. I know. It has to be hot, really, really hot.

People in unairconditioned buildings die by the thousands around the world every year of heat exhaustion and suffocation...Don't be dumb

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM
Suffocation in an enclosed space, possibly. Outdoors, no. Suffocation is caused by a lack of oxygen.

I don't see high temperature listed as a cause of suffocation:
www.forensicpathologyonline.com...

Nor is the Sun getting any more dangerous than it ever was.

edit on 12/29/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Knowing the word survival means...last to live, so why play the game? We all die.
Maybe the real winner during the survival game is the first to die?
I guess you could crawl in a hole in the ground like Sadam huisain (sp), he lived a little longer, but still died.
There is no escape.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
The world is coming apart at the seams. The Sun is making it too dangerous to be outside. Severe drought is making it literally impossible to grow crops, fresh water sources are quickly drying up, everything is dying around you and disease is rampant

Knowing the planet is heading into an Apocalyptic future of the likes Mankind has ever faced before, what genius solution are you capable for your Survival, even knowing the probability is failure?

Where would you go, what would you do?

I've been watching the history channels Nostradamus series this evening, and it really put me in Survival mode, especially with our vast negative current environments.

I'm thinking Subterranean Cave dwelling maybe the only way.
With all current advanced technology and materials, One could avoid a large percentage of the survival issues and live a relatively mild existence.. for a while at least?

Yeah, hiding in a hole in the ground is not a uniquely human concept, at best.
Bypassing all that drama, for a moment, every moment of Universal existence already exists! Here! Now!
The moment that we exhale for the last time.
There is not anything that one can possible do to alter that moment (or any, for that matter)!
One cannot 'avoid' it, cannot put it off, cannot hasten it, it is carved in the stone of the One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality!

Now, the question arises what are the moments before that moment that we are experiencing? How's life going?

Are you living it in fear? In an imaginary 'future'?
(NEVER believe your thoughts!)

"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"

Find the Love, and BE the Light in the darkness!

"Be the change that you want to see!"

Cause, frankly, I'd rather not have to see your derrière sticking up out of the ground... *__-

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you consider that Submariners live in the depths of the ocean for 6 months at a time without surfacing. Planning and equipping to live within the bowls of the earth, it wouldn't be much different, although you might have more space, depending what type of underground you choose?

There will come a time for this. #1 the governments obsession with surveillance and control is getting out of hand, and that alone will drive people underground. And then there is the risk of Nuclear Terror, due to the fact, the world governments cant keep secure control over their Nuclear material.

Earth quakes, Tsunamis, Volcanic eruptions, Pole shifts, Deadly weather patterns, Sun Flares....EMPs Take your pick.

Finding somewhere Deep, above a flood plane, and Solid, is what will become necessary, not unlike Switzerland's Secure mountain and Cheyenne Mountain.

Technology is advanced enough, with the right location, planning, construction, and money, you could live out your life, Secure, and relatively happy, instead of suffering and succumbing to Apocalypse

edit on 29-12-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
The world is coming apart at the seams. The Sun is making it too dangerous to be outside. Severe drought is making it literally impossible to grow crops, fresh water sources are quickly drying up, everything is dying around you and disease is rampant
Impossible to grow crops you say? Then how the heck can I buy fruit grown in Argentina? Maybe the severe drought is localized (in that case, no planet wide apocalyptic event).

Knowing the planet is heading into an Apocalyptic future of the likes Mankind has ever faced before, what genius solution are you capable for your Survival, even knowing the probability is failure?
I read a book or two about survival - I know what to do when it come down to it....I'd probably read more books.

Where would you go, what would you do?

I've been watching the history channels Nostradamus series this evening, and it really put me in Survival mode,
A TV show put you into survival mode? Seriously - it wasn't the dangerous sun, no crops, rampant diseases...but a TV show put you into survival mode

especially with our vast negative current environments.

I'm thinking Subterranean Cave dwelling maybe the only way.
With all current advanced technology and materials, One could avoid a large percentage of the survival issues and live a relatively mild existence.. for a while at least?

Radon gases! They still exist and come from underground.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Obviously it has to be hot enough for your dioxygen to split into monooxygen molecules, which presumably you can't process?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join