It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The world is coming apart at the seams. The Sun is making it too dangerous to be outside. Severe drought is making it literally impossible to grow crops, fresh water sources are quickly drying up, everything is dying around you and disease is rampant

Knowing the planet is heading into an Apocalyptic future of the likes Mankind has ever faced before, what genius solution are you capable for your Survival, even knowing the probability is failure?

Where would you go, what would you do?

I've been watching the history channels Nostradamus series this evening, and it really put me in Survival mode, especially with our vast negative current environments.

I'm thinking Subterranean Cave dwelling maybe the only way.
With all current advanced technology and materials, One could avoid a large percentage of the survival issues and live a relatively mild existence.. for a while at least?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Rivers, streams, brooks, etc: water
Humans: Meat
Cave: Shelter

I'm covered.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriendOfTheAliens
Rivers, streams, brooks, etc: water
Humans: Meat
Cave: Shelter

I'm covered.
Waters drying up, everyone and everything is dying around you..Yea, you're covered Lol...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Waters are drying up? is that what the other crocodiles are telling you? I assure you that that is not the case.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriendOfTheAliens

Waters are drying up? is that what the other crocodiles are telling you? I assure you that that is not the case.
Just wait, its coming

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Not sure how dangerous the sun is, I spend most of my life outside and have all my life...

As for the water, First Law of Thermodynamics...(Matter can not be created or destroyed)

Every drop of water that has ever existed, still exists.

Here in the south east, current flooding has given us WAY too much water..

Deer population, all time high. Squirrels, birds etc, all doing well here...

While civilization may indeed be killing itself, nature will go on and will be there for us.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
Not sure how dangerous the sun is, I spend most of my life outside and have all my life...

As for the water, First Law of Thermodynamics...(Matter can not be created or destroyed)

Every drop of water that has ever existed, still exists.

Here in the south east, current flooding has given us WAY too much water..

Deer population, all time high. Squirrels, birds etc, all doing well here...

While civilization may indeed be killing itself, nature will go on and will be there for us.

And in a blink of an eye it can and will all go south..just look at whats going on in China...The desert is taking over, and is becoming a serious situation

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The Sun is making it too dangerous to be outside.
It is? I spend a lot of time outside. What dangers should I be aware of?

the history channels Nostradamus series
What a hilarious oxymoron.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I spend every day in the sun in the North West of Australia, I too would be interested in finding out why it's dangerous...apart from the obvious of course.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It is? I spend a lot of time outside. What dangers should I be aware of?

the history channels Nostradamus series
What a hilarious oxymoron.
Heat Stroke, Melanoma, Blindness, Suffocation

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That's all a recent development?

Wait? Suffocation? Because of the Sun?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

That's all a recent development?

Wait? Suffocation? Because of the Sun?
Yes, you can Suffocate due to extreme heat

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Drink plenty of water, long sleeve clothes, wide brim hat, sunglasses.

Like I said, I work in the heat....40+ degrees Celsius every day.

That's over 100 degrees Fahrenheit

edit on 28/12/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

How hot does it have to be to cause suffocation?

Wait. I know. It has to be hot, really, really hot.

edit on 12/28/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: foot in mouth

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'd take a boat to Antartica. It would probably feel like SanFran about now. When that is parched, I would locate hitlers cave to the inner earth, we all know it would be visible by then.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

How hot does it have to be to cause suffocation?

Wait. I know. It has to be hot, really, really hot.

What would it take for the Sun to super heat the atmosphere to that extent? Aside from the eventual expansion and cooling of the sun...

Are there any type of "super flare" that could do this? Or is our star/any star not capable of such a thing?

Also, i cannot recall, but in the rare instance that a helium flash were to occur with this star, what age would this star be, approximately? Is it around 8-9 billion years? My astrophysics is fuzzy.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Are there any type of "super flare" that could do this? Or is our star/any star not capable of such a thing?

There is such a thing. But they have never been observed in stars of Sol's type nor is there evidence of one ever occuring in Sol's history.

Also, i cannot recall, but in the rare instance that a helium flash were to occur with this star, what age would this star be, approximately? Is it around 8-9 billion years? My astrophysics is fuzzy.
Awww, cute little fuzzy astrophysics.

In any case the OP said:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm not afraid of the sun. Some people have some problems with it, especially if they eat the wrong foods. I think you got more problems with skin from soap chemistry and avoiding oils in foods than with being in the sun.

My daughters both have problems with their FETCH genes so they can't go out in the sun for long periods of times, but a lot of women have problems with over exposure to sunlight. A sunburn is a reaction. It is like a weird rash that comes when rays trigger a reaction. The skin needs to be able to breath and perspire to cool itself. Ingredients in soaps can smooth and plump cells and slow these things and cause problems.

The rest of the stuff, sure, we will eventually blow up this place, mankind has a natural attraction to making things bang and boom. People are more stressed because half the people owe too much money because they made our economy look better by having everyone spend even what they don't have yet. Plus they are not adequately checking out the new food additives they allow in our food as to how they can effect our personalities. It should get more interesting before it gets better.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

OK.

It appears you have just taken the Red Pill. It will take a bit to start assessing the situation now. I know it can be overwhelming once you understand how fragile our society is.

First step: Identify most probable threats.

Baseline your "threat" probabilities. There are many possible Sit X situations and you cannot plan for them all ,just the most probable outcome of a specific event.

Currently there are a few on my "high probability" list (such as EMP & Bio event) but almost ALL major scenarios have the same outcome (in my opinion) and that is why you should plan for the outcome of the event and not particularly the event itself which the cause may vary.

That most probable outcome is -Disruption of Electricity or Transportation for an extended period of time... that is it and really all that it would take to cause a massive chaotic situation. "Something" causes massive transportation / electrical shutdown for an extended period of time or over a huge area.

No Transportation = No Food for 95% or more of the population within days.... This is the primary outcome and the primary problem since most people only have a few days worth of food.

The Possible Outcomes of a nasty event:

Food runs out in days, rule of law quickly deteriorates, If in the winter, people will start burning anything to keep warm.. not a pretty scenario any way you look at it.

It may take a couple of weeks before this happens but if supplies start running low......people get desperate.

In time (most experts say 72 hours) Chaos would reign in the major populated urban areas as the desperate "have nots" take to looting anything and anyone that still has resources in the area as the stores and warehouses would already be picked clean. This possible situation can get rather ugly and dangerous very quickly once it starts and then it may be too late to travel safely out of the area. I recommend leaving an urban area quickly unless you have a secret concrete bunker somewhere in your back yard.

In urban area and the suburbs, The Authorities may go door to door to "centralize" food for "distribution" IF there is still an order structure in place to feed the masses. If those "authorities" realize or know that there is no help coming anytime soon, they may take what they have "confiscated" for themselves and "fortress" up somewhere. There are many possibilities here which makes this possible situation even more dangerous. This is why "Bugging In" a standard residence may not be such a good idea.

In this type of situation, You would rather "quickly" get to your "concealed" shelter and wait it out if you don't want any part of the looting or having to defend yourself from looters. If nobody knows that your shelter is even there, nobody is coming to "see what you have".

In my opinion, grabbing a BoB backpack and a gun and running into the woods is an idiots plan of desperation in most cases. I would suggest you don't run for a state park... there will be plenty who do this and they may find themselves in a crowd of people who came with a rifle and a bugout bag who may decide your stuff is worth more than their morality if you catch my drift.

Having a planned shelter with supplies is the only answer in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join