It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurgency Death Toll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hey,
Does anyone know the approximate number of insurgents killed in Iraq, I dont often hear reports of insurgents dying the only time I did was after the Falluja assult where something like 1200 of them died. But I always hear about US troops being killed. It seems hard to believe that the Insurgents are killing more than they are being killed.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.iraqbodycount.net...

www.antiwar.com...

The above site shows some of the counts, now I have to point out that they are not reliable due to the fact that US is not bind by international laws to keep a count of the death in Iraq.

Also the Interim government in Iraq forbid the hospitals to keep count also.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I believe he wants insurgency death toll, not collateral damage death toll.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Also the Interim government in Iraq forbid the hospitals to keep count also.

He said insurgents, not all iraqis. Undoutedly many of the people killed in the fights against the insurgents have been civilians. Hwo would one count the number of dead insurgents anyway? How does one distinguish between an insurgent and a civilian? Especially when they are dead?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I understand, the problem is that is not really a count that separates the civilian casualties from the insurgency casualties.

All we have is here said.

But one of the links kind of separates them in a way, I hope it helps to get an Idea of the insurgency death.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But one of the links kind of separates them in a way, I hope it helps to get an Idea of the insurgency death.

I recall, a few months ago, shortly after the war, that someone did a count of civilian casualties. They looked at hospital death records, so, right off the bat, its a slight under estimate, since many deaths wont be recored in the hospitals. Anyway, they excluded hospitals that were treating soldiers altogether, and the figure they got was something like 3,000 (man, I hope I'm not mixing it up and it was 6,000). So undeniably, there have been lots of civilian casualties.

But as far as insurgency deaths, the only count is going to be when the US annouces '50 insurgents killed in a raid today'. No one else is keeping track, and, indeed, how could anyone? An insurgent looks just like a civilian. THe only way to know is to be shot at from a building, blow it up, and figure everyone thats dead inside it is an insurgent.

new topics

top topics

join