It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man trying to 'travel through time' smashes car through two Florida businesses

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The unidentified man told police he was 'trying to travel through time' when his car smashed through Advanced Tax Services and Pensacola Caskets
Luckily, it was Sunday and no one was in the offices
The 40-year-old allegedly told police he was 'entering a time portal'
The 'time traveler' was issued a citation and is being evaluated at a local hospital

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A confused man who thought he was time traveling smashed his car through two businesses, say police.
A Dodge Challenger plowed through two business in a Pensacola, Florida strip mall on Sunday morning, according to Pensacola News Journal.
The driver sped through the intersection of North Davis Highway and West Fairfield Drive at approximately 10:50am and careened through the front door of Advanced Tax Services.
The car then kept going, smashing through the wall and into the business next door, Pensacola Caskets.

'It looked like a bomb went off,' Advanced Tax Services' general manager Emanuel Mores told WEAR.
Police said the unidentified driver told them he was 'trying to travel through time.'
Instead, he traveled through two present-time businesses, causing huge amounts of damage.
According to the Huffington Post, the 40-year-old man was from Nashville, and had his seat belt on during the crash, and was not injured.
'He stated that he was driving at high speeds on the interstate in an attempt to enter a time portal, and that he did not leave the time portal until the crash occurred,' according to a police report obtained by HuffPo.
The driver has reportedly been issued a citation for reckless driving and is also in the hospital being evaluated.
Mores said he was mad about the incident, but added it could have been worse.
'Eventually I was happy no one was hurt. You know, that was my biggest concern 'cause, you know, if anyone was hurt, anybody could have died or whatever,' he said.
Luckily, no one was inside of the two businesses when the 'time traveler' struck.

Sadly, he could not get up to the needed 88mph, so of course the flux capacitor never had a chance to engage.
Good news is, nobody was hurt and it appears the driver is getting some help for any "issues" he may have.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If this story doesn't make you smile this Xmas day, well...you're more cold-blooded than I.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
John Titor is getting sloppy these days.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If he wasn't driving a DeLorean, I think the court may find his explanation unlikely....

edit on 25/12/15 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
OK, Who is missing here.

LOL!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yeah, the flux capacitor is tricky like that. Are there just more crazy people stories being reported than there used to be? Or are we really losing it as a species? Because it sure seems like the craziness is spreading.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Never heard that used before as an excuse. Time travel.

I fell asleep at the wheel and when I woke up i was ahead of myself.

Points for originality.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
not sure what day this happened on, but i first heard about on Moday Dec 21st on my hometown news. the intersection is one of the worst here, it can become really congested.
Driver plows into businesses while trying to 'time travel'
edit on 25-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: looks like it happened on Sunday 20th, at about 11:00 in the morning. from our local fish wrapper
'Time traveler' crashes car into Pensacola business
edit on 25-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm disappointed there hasn't been one Back to the Future joke made yet.

Wait, I stand corrected. Whewwww
edit on 25-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I remember testing certain theories back in my younger years.

Never could hit Mach 1....even on those long, desolated roads.

Gave it a good attempt though, but all I ever ended up doing was blowing the water pump and a few radiator hoses.

Everyone knows time travel is forbidden by the Greater Council Code of 1809.
Guess he didn't get the memo.

edit on 12/25/15 by GENERAL EYES because: every day I'm formattin'

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Only in Florida

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I remember testing certain theories back in my younger years.

Never could hit Mach 1....even on those long, desolated roads.

Gave it a good attempt though, but all I ever ended up doing was blowing the water pump and a few radiator hoses.

Everyone knows time travel is forbidden by the Greater Council Code of 1809.
Guess he didn't get the memo.

Forbidden? I heard it was just frowned upon. Glad I haven't tried yet.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well, from what I heard some people who attempt/succeed disappear into their tangential timelines so it makes for a lot of trying to get replacements for their previously held positions on board. At least, that's word around the ol' water cooler.

We haven't seen Bob for centuries.
Hope he's happy...wherever he ended up.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Never heard that used before as an excuse. Time travel.

I fell asleep at the wheel and when I woke up i was ahead of myself.

Points for originality.

It's a great alibi for out-of-date car insurance and driving license.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Yeah, the flux capacitor is tricky like that. Are there just more crazy people stories being reported than there used to be? Or are we really losing it as a species? Because it sure seems like the craziness is spreading.

Sad to say, this is happening all over the world. Ex. Here in Japan, the sushi (raw fish) caught above Tokyo is safe, know why, because the fishing industry says its safe, know why, they just keep up'n the level of safeness required to sell it and most importantly, not being tested. Just like the shrimp from Thailand making its way into America. Growth hormones that would explode... oh well, forget it. Nobody that really sells the stuff gives a flying fk these days about our health. Seems like it is true. FOOD is our Poison these days.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hilarious! Wonder if the time traveler is, or was a member of ATS in the past!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What if he for real? I know its XMAS and he didn't get what he wanted so he thought he'd go and open his pressies again!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Great Scott, driver forgot to produce 1.21 giga watts!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

At least he didn't try it with a flying locomotive.

new topics

top topics

join