It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A standard to use when choosing a president....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Text What we as American's can do to insure we are not ripped off anymore , not waylaid , by double talk is to look for certain things our nominee's are saying. Do not back or vote a person in with any agenda other than , 1) upholding the constitution and the bill of rights. Period. By ensuring we have those tenets of our land , kept intact , assures that everyone has a place , and equality under the law. This means that right , left , etc,Don't mean anything anymore.. . Electing some one that has an agenda of any kind , other than upholding those basic American principles will eat away at our freedoms and keep our country sliding backwards until we have nothing left...
When I hear Rand Paul speak , I was like YES!!! He gets it. I love it that he cares about our freedom , our country and is a patriot . That doesn't mean right wing , or left wing. Libertarian. . LIBERTY. WE need to fight for our rights and protect them now .. because the cancer that is in Washington wants it all gone. They think they know better than us , how to live and thrive. We the people are the enemy. They are convinced that we are using up their world resources. Too many people , etc,. which is bull !!
They gave us the system. They give us their throw away technologies that use up natural resources and produce massive waste , yet blame us and want to fine us for using what they give us.And yes , what about below poverty wages , bail outs and welfare for wall street and banks , this is insanity. There history has shown us how psychotic and unAmerican they are... And now no matter what , you must allow the govt to vaccinate you. Forced invasive medical procedures. We lose our liberties and don't do anything. We are socially engineered to think as big brother wants us to. IF a citizen chooses or is different than what is p.c. we look down on them for exercising their rights to choose . We don't need our army to invade any countries.No wonder every other nation hates us , it's because of what our military complex does.. and we don't hear about it because they black out information. I'm so sick of being lied to and the enslavement of my fellow countrymen.We live in a lie , an illusion and a radical shift is needed for us as a nation , us citizens , to get wise to the manipulations , mind control , perception management , and social engineering our government implements because of the MONEY breeds greed and indoctrination to the globalist agenda. WAKE UP, your freedoms and liberty are being stolen from you. .. Take back your country and revamp the system. NO AGENDA"s other than the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. because those two basic things , just those two , if they were followed to the law , would ensure a place for every American and that includes naturalized citizens. Citizens are equal under the law , and they have tricked us by giving us conservatism and progressivism. We don't need those. We have the documents that assures both. we don't need to vote in or back illegal laws that separate us .. and the false psychological warfare and staged events they use to scare us , keep us in fear, and change our minds because of fear.
THEY DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS AND NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL...
our founding fathers did. We know what's best for us , not some monstrosity government our founding fathers feared would come along.. thus the second amendment...
"The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." They make laws and rules for us , and demand we keep and abide them but they are exempt from the very laws they put on us? They aren't mandated to sign up for Obama care but we are. We are even fined , and the fine amounts have gone up. We need to rise up, stand up or step aside , we are on the front line. It isn't going to be pretty. People will fight against the tyrannical overlords whose tentacles reach into every aspect of our lives , and we pay them through our hard earned money , the sweat off our brow , via taxes. In 2012 Americans paid over 1.3 TRILLION dollars in federal income tax. WTF? and half of it , went to military spending. HALF. We need to be aware of how precious and true the U.S Constitution and Bill of Rights are. Read them if you haven't lately. Truth, transparency , and no agenda other than upholding those documents we have had all along , that 'they' have tried to destroy... and almost have.We are living in a fascist state now , we cannot abide it and it will only mean bloodshed . We can be arrested without due process... and detained indefinitely. All of our communications are monitored , why? What do they fear of their own citizens , the very ones they are elected to represent? Should we give them more power and more power and us less freedom and less freedom Why? .... they don't work for us. They work for wall street and radical governments that they have made , and made America an enemy to the rest of the world. I didn't sign on for that...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Might as well cancel the 2016 election then.

You've largely wiped out the whole lot. The least worst violator of the above seems to be Trump.

Not a politician.

Self financed, therefore not bought.

After that? Who really know about Trump. I could say that if any of the potential candidates were representing me in some 'negotiation', Trump would be my choice, slick, brilliant and usually a winner.

Now that I think about it, his choice for a running mate MAY be a critical point in his run.
edit on 24-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I like Trump as well. He's better than Hillary or Bernie. And next in line after Paul , would be Trump in my choices.. We'll see , so far we have been let down time after time. America is dying . The United States Of America is dying and Obama is trying to deliver the death blow.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeknoevil

I like Trump as well. He's better than Hillary or Bernie. And next in line after Paul , would be Trump in my choices.. We'll see , so far we have been let down time after time. America is dying . The United States Of America is dying and Obama is trying to deliver the death blow.

sweet and sour jesus are you real?

i feel like i need to take that post and put it on a t shirt

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeknoevil

NOTE to Original Poster - WALL of TEXT - HARD to READ. NEED SPACE. REST EYES.

Not many people will read beyond the first line or two even with lots of space between lines of text.

Welcome.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Also, with the first sentence beginning "Text" I started looking for a source. A c/p?
But anyway - yeah, I didn't get past the first two sentences.....

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

NOTE to Original Poster - WALL of TEXT - HARD to READ. NEED SPACE. REST EYES.

Not many people will read beyond the first line or two even with lots of space between lines of text.

Welcome.

I didn't have any trouble reading it, and read right through it all. My vision is only 20/20 with contact lenses as well.

OP:
I knew all of this was going to happen before Obama was even elected. I knew it because people were already researching into what a walking toilet Obama was, and how corruption loving he was, and still is. But sadly, most of our political system wanted a dirtbag like Obama so they too could carry out criminal agendas and exploit their own positions to rip off the American people in wholesale fashion.

Obama has done it in a way that spits the most grotesque material into the face of every American with some of them applauding their own demise while in a constant state of stupidity.

And that makes it pretty embarrassing to be an American. But not for those compromised and held with the most contempt by the president, they think he loves them.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It's late and I'm tired so lets just look at a few of these claims (and chop up that wall of text a bit to do so).

originally posted by: seeknoevil
1) upholding the constitution and the bill of rights. Period. By ensuring we have those tenets of our land , kept intact , assures that everyone has a place , and equality under the law.
They give us their throw away technologies that use up natural resources and produce massive waste , yet blame us and want to fine us for using what they give us.
And yes , what about below poverty wages
bail outs and welfare for wall street and banks , this is insanity.
you must allow the govt to vaccinate you. Forced invasive medical procedures.

Where in the Constitution does it say that any of this stuff isn't allowed? Go reread the document, it is extremely broad, outside of a handful of things that it says may not be done, it authorizes the government to do anything it deems to be in the publics interest.

We don't need our army to invade any countries.No wonder every other nation hates us , it's because of what our military complex does.. and we don't hear about it because they black out information.

Reality isn't that simple, our defense sector, which happens to be one of our higher paying sectors comes in at 7.5% of US employment, it's the third largest jobs sector in the US behind retail and medical care. It comprises 13.5 million people. How many millions do you want to put out of work in a time where there are no jobs to go around? Defense, including the military isn't just about security these days, it's actually a welfare program.

Take back your country and revamp the system. NO AGENDA"s other than the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. because those two basic things , just those two , if they were followed to the law , would ensure a place for every American and that includes naturalized citizens.

So where do you fall on this debate? I'll state flat out that I believe the Bill of Rights to be a failure. When it was first written there were two camps, those who wanted to enumerate our rights on a national level as a safeguard against federal overreach, and the other side who believed that with 13 states plus a federal government (and potentially more states in the future) there was already plenty of diplomatic pressure to get protections for the citizens into law and that by specifically calling out certain rights in the Constitution it would pull focus onto only those rights, and ultimately lead to fewer rights for citizens as no other protections exist at such a high level. I believe the second group was right. Because of that we have no right to healthcare, no right to travel, no right to privacy, and many others. We've also fostered a culture where people will rally around a specific right they really like like a sports team, and cease to defend all others.

We can be arrested without due process... and detained indefinitely.

And this is an area where the government is violating the Constitution, but it extends much deeper than just the way we treat suspected terrorists. Our entire justice system is a joke. The single best thing we could do to fix it would be to eliminate plea bargains. The second best would be to make every trial a trial by jury.

If that bogs the courts down too much, then they'll just have to cut back on what laws they want to enforce.

All of our communications are monitored , why?

Because they can, and it's not unconstitutional. That court battle was fought years ago, and the ruling was that papers and effects doesn't apply to digital communications because they're not physical objects. On the plus side, you can encrypt your communications refuse to hand over the password based on the 5th. And that ruling on digital communications will likely change again in the future, it has gone back and forth for over 150 years, back to when they used to wiretap telegraph lines to intercept what people were saying, which was first ruled legal and later illegal.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I'll avoid any comments on Trumps politics since it's too late at night for me to get started on that right now. Instead I just want to address this myth. Trump CLAIMS to be self financed but it's simply not true. His campaign has taken in donation amounts comparable to the other candidates, and he has spent that money rather than his own. Trump hasn't spent any of his own money on his campaign since June, shortly after announcing.

Furthermore, Trump doesn't have a huge bank account relative to his wealth. He has access to a lot of money by selling shares in his business, but his regular income, and thus his quick access to cash is somewhat limited (this is true for all billionaires and even most millionaires, they take compensation as capital gains for tax purposes). When he does want to raise money, he needs to sell shares of his business, and for the $2 billion this campaign needs that's going to be a lot of shares. There are a lot of big buyers out there who will happily purchase those shares in exchange for concessions from Trump.

Also, Trump has only pledged to spend $100 million of his own money on this campaign. That's a mere 5% of what it's going to take to win. The numbers don't add up. Trump has backers staying in the shadows and he's pretending he doesn't.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The only thing The Donald has managed to do is to lower the already guttered floor of the "political debate" in the country down into surreal and despicable levels ... and so many admire him for doing so.

Crassness is bravery.

Garbage is greatness.

Trump does what Trump does ... shameless self-promotion.

I guess these "supporters" are the "low-information" voters I have been hearing about so often.

Those who forget that the Constitution actually says something beyond freedom of religion and, of course, guns.

The Congress, the power of taxation, the supremacy of Federal law, etc. ... these things are also in that Constitution.

That doesn't foster the low-information rhetoric though.

edit on 26-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
" If voting really mattered, they wouldnt allow us to do it." - Mark Twain.

And i do vote. Mostly in more in state and county election. Realistically speaking, I'm sure the 2016 presidential elections were decided at an earlier time.

There's such minor differences in all of the candidates platforms that it's futile. Except for Bernie. He's the only one addressing the big issue that Trumps them all. ( pun intended )

Then the skeptical side of me says Bernie was only allowed to speak freely and continue the road thus far because it's really a big middle finger from TPTB.

Kind of like " Hey logic-based Americans! We see you. And this is the guy you want right? Haha too bad! Hes not winning!"

Just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

For starters, your OP reads a lot more like a rant than any type of guide or standard for electing a POTUS.

Secondly, the US Constitution was intentionally written in a manner that leaves it open to broad interpretation and that's why we have a SCOTUS to resolve disputes arising from alleged constitutional violations.

As disappointing as this may be for you, your interpretation of our constitution is just one of 300 million.

And I'm supposed to accept that your version is the one worthy of qualifying as the "standard" for selecting a POTUS?

Good luck with the rant.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I'll avoid any comments on Trumps politics since it's too late at night for me to get started on that right now. Instead I just want to address this myth. Trump CLAIMS to be self financed but it's simply not true. His campaign has taken in donation amounts comparable to the other candidates, and he has spent that money rather than his own. Trump hasn't spent any of his own money on his campaign since June, shortly after announcing.

Furthermore, Trump doesn't have a huge bank account relative to his wealth. He has access to a lot of money by selling shares in his business, but his regular income, and thus his quick access to cash is somewhat limited (this is true for all billionaires and even most millionaires, they take compensation as capital gains for tax purposes). When he does want to raise money, he needs to sell shares of his business, and for the $2 billion this campaign needs that's going to be a lot of shares. There are a lot of big buyers out there who will happily purchase those shares in exchange for concessions from Trump.

Also, Trump has only pledged to spend $100 million of his own money on this campaign. That's a mere 5% of what it's going to take to win. The numbers don't add up. Trump has backers staying in the shadows and he's pretending he doesn't.

Nothing in your post indicates 'bought'. The potential down the road? Sure.

Whereas the current lot is a completely different story, as you well know. A casual look would suggest that much depends on the polls, the likelihood of election, if nominated. If a win looks likely, don't discount Trump spending more than that 100 million.

Also, if he needs outside money, 'donations', it will be less 'debts owed' than the rest of the crowd who have already mortgaged their souls.....

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
imo....

America is in the business of WAR. We export it, corporations profit from it, it employees plenty of people and we don't seem to care that it kills the best and brightest of our youth.

Thus if we are a warrior nation it would make sense to have someone connected intimately to the neocon military industrial complex.

That person is Jeb Bush. The Bushes do have a track record in making war.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Well, when looking at the accounting of his campaign what I see is that Trump isn't spending money, instead he's directly pocketing it from his donors. He has loaned his campaign about $1 million so far, but as is typical of campaigns the interest rate is kept secret and Trump can repay himself from his campaign at any point. One of the biggest expenses of his campaign is rent for their office, which is in Trump Towers. Conveniently enough, Trump is charging his campaign $144,000 in rent just to be there every month. Basically paying himself from his campaign. This happens at many of his rallies too, he holds them in his buildings, then the buildings charge the campaign for the event, and Trump collects that fee.

Now, to be fair all of this is pretty small change for Trump, we're talking about a couple million for a guy worth $8 billion but so far he hasn't been self funding, instead he's doing just the opposite. His campaign is paying him for the privilege of using him to run for president. He's basically just personally pocketing all of the donations sent to him.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Well, when looking at the accounting of his campaign what I see is that Trump isn't spending money, instead he's directly pocketing it from his donors. He has loaned his campaign about $1 million so far, but as is typical of campaigns the interest rate is kept secret and Trump can repay himself from his campaign at any point. One of the biggest expenses of his campaign is rent for their office, which is in Trump Towers. Conveniently enough, Trump is charging his campaign $144,000 in rent just to be there every month. Basically paying himself from his campaign. This happens at many of his rallies too, he holds them in his buildings, then the buildings charge the campaign for the event, and Trump collects that fee.

Now, to be fair all of this is pretty small change for Trump, we're talking about a couple million for a guy worth $8 billion but so far he hasn't been self funding, instead he's doing just the opposite. His campaign is paying him for the privilege of using him to run for president. He's basically just personally pocketing all of the donations sent to him.

Gee, any different than any other candidate? All candidates are paid for the 'privilege' as you say.

Just a bit smarter, more outside the box than the rest. (Ironic, as I haven't committed to him, yet inane posts and the nibbling at him drives me more and more into his camp.)

So continuing micro-analyzing him....Likely I will find more to admire....

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Gee, any different than any other candidate? All candidates are paid for the 'privilege' as you say.

No, they aren't. Most candidates do not directly pocket money from their campaign there are even laws against doing so. Trump is just using some loopholes in those laws (loans, and charging his own businesses).

It's not micro analyzing him at all, anyways you or anyone else should for who they like the most. Just don't vote for someone based on incomplete information.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No, they aren't. Most candidates do not directly pocket money from their campaign there are even laws against doing so. Trump is just using some loopholes in those laws (loans, and charging his own businesses).

It's not micro analyzing him at all, anyways you or anyone else should for who they like the most. Just don't vote for someone based on incomplete information.

Loop holes?? Really? Trump invented/'discovered them?? Really? No one else makes use of loopholes? Really??

You talk of 'incomplete information' while you specialize in it. Complete information would include a similar analysis of all the candidates. Yes??

Your post contradicts that. Obviously, an 'incomplete' assessment. (Damn, you'd make a lousy lawyer....
edit on 27-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Loop holes?? Really? Trump invented/'discovered them?? Really? No one else makes use of loopholes? Really??

He didn't discover them, most candidates don't have the resources to use them, I'm sure more would if they could. How many candidates have chains of businesses they can host events at, and offices to run a campaign in? How many have the funds to loan their campaign millions of dollars?

Complete information would include a similar analysis of all the candidates. Yes??

Of course.

Damn, you'd make a lousy lawyer....

Good thing I'm not a lawyer then.

new topics

top topics

join