It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shy Benny's priceless reaction to being saved from Death Row. Merry Christmas Benny!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Up until recently, a sweet but shy dog named Benny had no idea what the future had in store for him, or how close he came to seeing his cut short. As a resident of the Carson Animal Care Center, a high-kill shelter in Gardena, California, all he could do was sit and wait for someone to come along and save him, which he did week after week with no success. But then that all changed.

This made my day, although I needed some tissues TBH.

I hope it does yours as well.

Here is my 8yr old rescue Sasha who had almost the same reaction.

Merry Christmas ATS!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

*makes generic 'your-dog-reminds-me-of-David-Bowie' joke .. possibly David BowWowie pun*

D'aww I love it when you get those dogs whose emotions/feelings are on their sleeves and obvious for all to see.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement
If you only knew, LoL.

I swear she is bi-polar
It goes with her eyes, that should have been my warning.

Sweet calm lapdog lover to spastic 'jump through second floor screen window to chase squirrel' in 0.2 seconds.

But she is MY bi-polar nut and I love her to death.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
They are so lucky to have a dog

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
That trepidation on pooches part when he realized they were 'coming for him', that at once hopeful and fearful dilemma, too precious. They know where they are is a house of death. They have finely tuned senses, they can hear, smell and sense this is the end for them.

That dogs guardedly hopeful and then exuberant response to being led away instead of to the death chamber was life affirming.

I get to go, I'm out, I'm surviving, I'm out, I'm out, I'm saved!

Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
That trepidation on pooches part when he realized they were 'coming for him', that at once hopeful and fearful dilemma, too precious. They know where they are is a house of death. They have finely tuned senses, they can hear, smell and sense this is the end for them.

That dogs guardedly hopeful and then exuberant response to being led away instead of to the death chamber was life affirming.

I get to go, I'm out, I'm surviving, I'm out, I'm out, I'm saved!

Thanks for sharing that.

Thank you for your very perceptive reply.

Makes me want to go out and save a couple more.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Makes me want to go out and save a couple more.

Me too. The next dog I get will be a rescue.

Your video helped reaffirm that for me. Of all critters, domesticated dogs are the most innocent of human refuse.

I'm gonna pull one back from the brink.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

That's awesome. We just got a dog from our Animal Control Center. He was about a year and a half and he was like he just got out of jail literally. We weren't sure how he would be around new surroundings and the grand-kids, but he moved right in like he has lived here for years. It really makes the heart warm to see how happy they are to feel safe and wanted. I love dogs. Thanks for the video of one happy dog, Benny!

edit on 24/12/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse
Thanks for sharing that heart warming story.

My Sasha pictured above had severe separation anxiety and a phobia of vehicles.

We figure she was abandoned by her 'owner' by driving her somewhere and 'dropping' her off. So sad.

When I first picked her up from the shelter she was fine till she approached my truck.
When I opened the door and put her on the seat she started getting this THICK drool that would just hang from her mouth and she would cower on the floor.
She now LOVES truck rides, I find her hiding in the bed of my truck at times with tail wagging.

But to this day she hates to be left alone, and is like Dino from the Flintstones when I get home. I have grown to love her for it, but it wasn't always easy.
I can only imagine what she went through her first year and a half of life

She does not have life to bad anymore, neither does her 'buddy', Buddy the blind cat

Merry Christmas ATS

join