It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Meat is Unethical

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Everything in this world eats something even if it's only plant life.

True Spirituallity is Gratitude, Kindness, and Love.

How is the animal prepared to be eaten with kindness or with torture and unkindness?

Are you thankful for the life given to sustain you whether animal or plant?

Judgment and condemnation lowers your energy, love and kindness and gratitude raises it.

I have to respectfully disagree. No matter how well the animal is treated while alive, the way in which I kill an animal to satisfy my taste buds (because I can get everything I need to sustain myself elsewhere) can never be described as kind. I can't justify unecessary suffering with gratitude.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

Reducing suffering is Kind. If only the wild animals like bears and wolves could reduce the suffering of the animals they eat like humans can.

Quickly killing the animal (or plant) so that it won't suffer pain or fear is compassionate.

Either way, plant or animal, you are taking life to eat.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Reducing suffering is Kind. If only the wild animals like bears and wolves could reduce the suffering of the animals they eat like humans can.

Quickly killing the animal (or plant) so that it won't suffer pain or fear is compassionate.

Either way, plant or animal, you are taking life to eat.

Yes reducing suffering is kind that's why I don't eat meat (or animal products as of lately) because I don't require them. I have a choice (that wild animals don't have) to reduce suffering so I choose to do so.

I think it's impossible to kill something that doesn't want to be killed compassionately. No matter how quickly you do it the animal hasn't chosen to be killed. In addition, there is always going to be some amount of pain, fear or emotional suffering (to said animal or its companions). I can opt to not be a part of that AND still eat and enjoy good health. Saying that, I am all for improving animal welfare where animals are kept and slaughtered as I am aware my ideals are held by few.

And this is kind of irrelevant but I am surprised by how much I am enjoying vegan food, I admit, I had been taken in by the whole perception of vegans living on salad! I don't feel like I've really given up anything in order to do this.
edit on 15-1-2016 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ok, that's good for you. I'm happy it worked out for you; everyone is different.

We all can choose to reduce suffering in our own way. Yes, reducing an animal's suffering by 95% is not the same as 100% but at least people care to reduce it at all.

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join