It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 US troops killed in Afghanistan suicide bombing,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just in (for me anyway)

SUCKS

www.foxnews.com...

A suicide bombing near Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan killed six U.S. troops and wounded two other Americans and an interpreter, a senior U.S. defense official confirms to Fox News.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the bombing, which was the largest attack on foreign troops in Afghanistan since August. The names of those killed have not been released.

It happened at around 1.30 p.m. local time in the vicinity of Bagram, the largest U.S. military facility in Afghanistan, according to U.S. Army Brig. Gen William Shoffner.

edit on 21-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: sp

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Six more wasted lifes

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

no those lives will be used to push an adgenda

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here is a chart with Fatalities and Injuries from Terrorist Bombings in Afghanistan since the 80's (from 50 to roughly 2300 fatalities)

www.graphiq.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I think the agenda has already been implemented. To keep the profits rolling in for Halliburton, KBR, Raytheon etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I think the agenda has already been implemented. To keep the profits rolling in for Halliburton, KBR, Raytheon etc.

Do you know how much Halliburton charges to do a bag of laundry for the military. All govt. contracts paid for by the US taxpayer.

$90.00
edit on 21-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

R.I.P to the poor souls involved.

Simply a waste if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The families back home..... @ Christmas....

war is war, I know but.....

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

R.I.P to the poor souls involved.

Simply a waste if you ask me.

Almost did not recognise you there fella.

Nice new avatar

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

The families back home..... @ Christmas....

war is war, I know but.....

War is war indeed.

It kind of comes with the job though.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Thanks, TNMockingbird dressed Mr. Kreepy up a little bit w/ a Santa Hat !

In another thread (trying not to steer too far off topic) I mentioned basically, the day we dread when we start to see this type of behavior here in the states... and elsewhere....

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Thanks, TNMockingbird dressed Mr. Kreepy up a little bit w/ a Santa Hat !

In another thread (trying not to steer too far off topic) I mentioned basically, the day we dread when we start to see this type of behavior here in the states... and elsewhere....

Not a problem.

Without going too far of topic either I would say that if this kind of thing ever does come to your country then you may only have your war mongering profitering govenment to blame for it.

There is big business in big bombs and the sooner we stop the profit in war the sooner it will become economically unviable on a world scale but as you say that is a different story.

Enjoy the holiday season in any way you see fit.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Copy that; you as well friend!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I say we give the politicians that send our Men and Woman to die in these hell holes and there banker scum buddy's there turn, let them step up and see how they fare over there.

Might give those that actually make it back alive and in one piece a little perspective as to what they are actually sponsoring and participating towards.
edit on 21-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Can someone remind me why we still have troops in Afganistan?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
America has never left the war-torn Asian nation. And it won't be heading out anytime soon.

Following a request by Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, President Barack Obama said that U.S. forces will remain in Afghanistan at their current levels of 9,800 troops through much of 2016. The new plan calls for a drop to 5,500 troops by early 2017, when Obama's second and final term ends.

This announcement comes 10 months after Obama declared an end to the American military's combat mission, and after years of talk of a total withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yup, when loss hits home, things would change...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Gotta get that oil!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Another reason the get the hell out of there.

One of the six, an officer from New York....

www.nbcnews.com...

RIP....sadly once more..
edit on 22-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: Sp

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

The way that video portrays this horrendous incident the murderer simply drove up to the poor souls(granted at speed) and detonated the device amongst the six of them.

You have to wonder why were they grouped together like that? Why were they not strung out in a tactical manner, with someone on point and with someone watching the rear?

Considering the area is after all exceptionally dangerous at all times. The reporter states there have been more than 1000 attacks in the area and American troops are trained not to group up in such a fashion so that this kind of attack does not wipe our the entire group(and i take it our advisers teach the Afghan troops the same), im just wondering has the reporter got it wrong?
edit on 22-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join