It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here come the health police government telling people what they can and can't do under Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
In the state of Michigan those that receive medicaid must conform to health standards or pay for their own insurance and higher premiums. Upon seeing their designated healthcare professional they must complete a assessment to determine if they qualify for medicaid. They have no choice of which doctors they can see. These doctors assigned by which area you live in. The doctors must turn in all of the patients medical information to the federal government for data collection. No exceptions will be made on which doctors you can and can't see. They are targeting people that are over weight smokers drinkers high and cholesterol. They go as far as wanting to know how many vegetables one consumes. Most of the people receiving medicaid are way under the federal poverty line.

Here is the short version.

www.clickondetroit.com...

Here is the long version. It's 200 pages long but the best parts are at the bottom pages.

www.michigan.gov...

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good. We warned you when they came after the smokers.

Your turn, fatties.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The nosy crackpots are taking over the system.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I have not had time to go over the 200 page PDF, but you can thank Obamacare, the affordable health care;

After-all, is is not much different than life insurance companies "Pre-Qualifying" one prior to entering contracts-

LANSING, Mich. - Michigan has received a federal waiver that ensures 600,000 low-income adults will continue qualifying for Medicaid insurance.

The expanded program would have ended next spring without the approved waiver, which was announced Thursday by Gov. Rick Snyder.

edit on Mon Dec 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTERNAL QUOTE TAGS ADDED, TRIMMED OVERLY LONG QUOTE, from the OP link

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If you don’t want the government snooping then get private healthcare then?

Why should the tax payer foot the bill for druggies, Smokers and fatties?

One thing I get pissed off in the UK is tax money funding self-inflicted health problems

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
From Wikipedia,

It is a means-tested program that is jointly funded by the state and federal governments and managed by the states, with each state currently having broad leeway to determine who is eligible for its implementation of the program.

It is your state government that is doing this, not Obamacare.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Your turn, fatties.

lol... That's the best thing I've read in a while.

Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it?

They came for the smokers and I didn't speak up....

edit on 12/21/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Your turn, fatties.

So many people gain weight when they quit smoking too.

People better start saying they eat their 8 veggie servings per day.....

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

One thing I get pissed off in the UK is tax money funding self-inflicted health problems
I get medicaid and I smoke and I'm not quitting. I will croak before I go to the doctor and if by some chance I do go I'm going to lie out my ass.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I could not agree more- however the stipulations are so strict - I think this is effecting people who are in a lower income and maybe cannot change their economic position. So in short, there is fuel being poored (pun intended) on the fire....

It really is sad, here is a breakdown of penalties for 2016-

The fee for not having health insurance in 2016

The fee is calculated 2 different ways – as a percentage of your household income, and per person. You’ll pay whichever is higher.

Percentage of income

2.5% of household income
Maximum: Total yearly premium for the national average price of a Bronze plan sold through the Marketplace
Per person

$695 per adult
$347.50 per child under 18
Maximum: $2,085

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: crazyewok

I get medicaid and I smoke and I'm not quitting. I will croak before I go to the doctor and if by some chance I do go I'm going to lie out my ass.

Then don’t bitch and whine if you get your hand outs cancelled then.
Your not entitled to anything in life.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

I could not agree more- however the stipulations are so strict - I think this is effecting people who are in a lower income and maybe cannot change their economic position. So in short, there is fuel being poored (pun intended) on the fire....

It really is sad, here is a breakdown of penalties for 2016-

The fee for not having health insurance in 2016

The fee is calculated 2 different ways – as a percentage of your household income, and per person. You’ll pay whichever is higher.

Percentage of income

2.5% of household income
Maximum: Total yearly premium for the national average price of a Bronze plan sold through the Marketplace
Per person

$695 per adult
$347.50 per child under 18
Maximum: $2,085

Yeah I heard about this fee. Im still trying to get my head around it. seems so....well counter productive.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
And this is a surprise? One only must look at healthcare in the military to find out how socialized medicine works. Back in the 80's the military learned that they could not afford to provide health care to a population of people who did not take care of themselves. Consequently there were new rules imposed pertaining to body fat, physical exercise, and smoking and drinking habits. Physical fitness became a primary responsibility, regardless whether your job was sitting in front of a radar scope or special forces. Navy guys were hit pretty hard since going to sea on a destroyer was not conducive to physical fitness and they even prohibited smoking on board a ship. No great loss to me since I hate smoking but it was pretty radical for many sailors.

I have known this was coming since Obamacare became a thing. As soon as insurance companies, even private companies, see states getting away with this they also will impose rules about eating, exercise, etc. Get used to it....many of us have already lived through it. It can be done but then you have to consider that that population was relatively young compared to the overall population. I am not 28 anymore and doing those things are much more difficult as a retiree.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I knew it was coming a while ago. First the smokers, then.... Many folks in that thread thought I was fear mongering and there would be no slippery slope. I knew it wasn't gonna be only us smokers getting targeted!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Here is the way around it (for me anyway, being self employee"d")

1. have my spouse pick up my tab, (roughly 400.00 per month since small business is the target for BIg Gov)
2. Allow my American Indian tribe to cover (any and/or all overages that my insurance doesn't cover, or Emergency visits
3. What most everybody else younger and unemployed does "eff it"

What happens if I don't pay the fee?
The IRS will hold back the amount of the fee from any future tax refunds. There are no liens, levies, or criminal penalties for failing to pay the fee.

So what are the value of the new regulations if not enforced....

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That's utter rubbish. We all put enough into the system, in one way or another, to expect free healthcare at the very least.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

That's utter rubbish. We all put enough into the system, in one way or another, to expect free healthcare at the very least.

O I am all for "free" health care and providing it to all.

But I don’t think that should extend to self inflicted health problems.

One should be free to be reckless with there health sure. But I dont want to pick up the tab for it.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't really care how people choose to mess themselves up. They pay for it too. But I fully expect to be cared for if and when I mess myself up, no matter how I did it.

I kinda' take issue with the whole 'entitlement' crusade in general, to be honest. Fact is, the majority of people seem to agree with you. Hear it all the time. I think it's bull. Of course we're entitled. Or we should be. We deserve better, all of us. I think the entitlement thing is just another way to focus blame on the people on the bottom instead of the people at the top, which is where our money is really going.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh YES HE IS!

When I and everyone else pay our taxes for Medicare and for healthcare in Canada, we are paying for EVERYONE to have healthcare. Therefor EVERYONE is entitled...the crackhead in the ally, the welfare mom who can't afford to eat veggies, the 600 lb fattie, the smokers, the drinkers, the ones who like salt, the one who like sugar. EVERYONE!

The government does not pay for this. the government has NO money! They only have our money and we voted that everyone is covered.

Now if you wish to allow exemptions for anyone who doesn't want to be on a government program but chooses to pay for their own private healthcare....that would be aok by me but you would also have to forego all the taxes I pay for healthcare now and do an forensic accounting and give me back any money that I overpaid to date.

Tired of Control Freaks

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join