It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Universe Australia announces Marijuana as 'amazing' treatment of cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
An interesting turn of events at Miss Universe competition in Las Vegas where Australia's very own Miss Universe Australia was brazen enough to bravely answer the question of whether marijuana should be legalised with a brief mention of its success at treating cancer.

See more below from The Daily Fail

Video Link

Gotta love the reaction by both the Daily Mail and the competition in the US.

The truth will set us all free

LA
edit on 21-12-2015 by LightAssassin because: finalising post

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
haha that giggle! looks like she may have a little more to say on that issue

imagine what would happen to the meth trade if they legalized weed

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

It's nice to see intelligent responses from these competitions for a change, instead of the facepalming answers from other competitors in the past.

Daily mail is basically retarded.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Nice.

Of course she said it all political, weigh both options, but I liked that.

Oh god now I'm commenting on miss universe stuff haha.

Shhh I watched some of it at work it was on the bar TV.

When I was younger I thought never in my life time. Now I'm not even that old and I'm thinking soon. It's not much longer that the world is changing in a way that will be sustainable.. I don't mean just the marijuana question or gay marriage or things like that, in general we are making good changes. We just have to survive the surveillance state and skip wwIII and we are golden.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This is a beat up, Australia are considering legalizing medical marijuana.
Not like for cafes in holland or the US

Big pharma won't let it happen that's a given, to much money at stake, unless they control it

Makes me wonder, is medicinal marijuana making inroads in the US and who controls it?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Big pharma won't let it happen that's a given, to much money at stake, unless they control it

Makes me wonder, is medicinal marijuana making inroads in the US and who controls it?

Doesn't matter there is no patent on it sooooo....
Anyone and everyone can make same profits based on competition. There is no way to say marijuana came from a certain farm.
you have a medical marijuana prescription you can have whatever amount on you.

I imagine tobacco companies would start growing.. Unless they can make the best product they can't charge the best prices.

As in you don't have to buy Percocet, you can by oxycodone. Marijuana has no name brand. With taxes on it it would remain to be seen whether prices go up or down. At least criminals would have one less way of making money.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, not to derail, of course. Historically if the American Indians hop on board, it's going to be BIG!!!!

Native American Tribes to grow/sell in Oregon

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Actually the Federal Govt has shot itself in its foot.

1. They released a drug for MS sufferers that is based on grass.

2. Now, just a little research to find what rules are in place for a schedule 9 drug.

It is really quite funny. The first lawyer that works this out will have a field day!

Factors for prohibited substances (schedule 9)

The substance is included in either Schedule IV to the United Nations Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, 1961 or in Schedule I to the United Nations Convention on Psychotropic Substances 1971.

The substance has either no currently established therapeutic value, or taking into consideration the danger to the health of individuals and of the community (both immediate and imminent) associated with the use of the substance as compared to the therapeutic advantages of the substance, the benefits are substantially outweighed by the risks. Dangers are such to warrant limiting use to strictly controlled medical and scientific research.

The substance has no currently established therapeutic value and is likely to present a high risk of dependency, abuse, misuse or illicit use.

A high level of control is required through prohibition of use, possession, administration, prescription, sale or distribution to prevent abuse, misuse or diversion into illicit activities.

Link

WHat fun for a court room. Anyone could do it. This could get MJ thrown off the schedules ... for a time at least.

P

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
I imagine tobacco companies would start growing.. Unless they can make the best product they can't charge the best prices.

I'm eagerly anticipating Camel Kush. Or Marlboro Northern Lights ^_^
But I'd probably buy from small independent growers.
edit on 12212015 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There are canabinoids in small amounts in many different veggies and also in Milk. There are also some opioids in milk. Not to mention natural beta blockers in milk.

Milk makes the baby and society stop whining. Soy milk just takes away our energy because of it's goitrogenic effects.

So remember this when choosing what you drink. I do know that milk has a lot of problems and the constipation caused by the opiods can be a problem, but remember, someone who has the runs a lot might benefit from the opiods a bit unless they have problems with lactose.

I don't know, maybe looking at Miss Australias chest made me think about milk....

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I should be immune by now.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Well, technically Monsanto can create a strain and patent that strain, then infect that strain with other growers, then sue those growers for growing their strain......

Ya....lame.

a reply to: Lysergic

lol.......dare I make similar admissions?...........umm no. . . Too paranoid.
edit on 21-12-2015 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ms Radulovic has a batchelors in psychology .

do you trust her oncology // pharmacological advice because :

A - its what you want to here

B - because she has perky tits

??????????????
edit on 21-12-2015 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why does Steve Harvey look like he wants to smack someone?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Anyone and everyone can make same profits based on competition. There is no way to say marijuana came from a certain farm.

As in you don't have to buy Percocet, you can by oxycodone. Marijuana has no name brand. With taxes on it it would remain to be seen whether prices go up or down. At least criminals would have one less way of making money.

The patent (US6630507) is titled “Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants”

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mapsurfer_

The patent (US6630507) is titled “Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants”

Seems that they can patent anything nowadays. We should be worried more about why they are allowed to patent stuff that there should not be a patent allowed, who is getting bribed?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Well, technically Monsanto can create a strain and patent that strain, then infect that strain with other growers, then sue those growers for growing their strain......

Thousands of farmers went to court for exactly that!

In the uk they quietly grow so called "Test patches" of gmo, they are out in the open amongst other crops!
Now normally testing would be done under controlled conditions just in case things go wrong, but not the gmo testing!!!
I've been saying all along it has nothing to do with testing, its all about infecting!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
She was clearly in the top 3, rather than Columbia who gave a really bad answer, did not look nearly as good either.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Ya....lame.

they would have to genetically modify it first.
to be patent-able..

the problem with them using the same tactics are so many growers. No large farms.. Indoor grows.. AND no conceivable or wanted addition to marijuana as it is naturally.

Maybe fish scale genes are good for making marijuana look shinier or something but people who use medicine and people who like to partake for other reasons will have no need for that modification. It's already perfect.

OR in another way pharma people have tried so long and so hard to use synthetics derived from the plant and the plant is always better.

It's not there except as a farming crop. And on taxes. That's where the money will be, those 2 things.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mapsurfer_

that is a patent on certain chemicals in a plant, and it's saying certain parts of marijuana are antioxidants.

can't patent the plant as I said.

For instance you can't patent the tree bark asprin comes from.

But in any case marijuana as protecting the brain and as an antioxidant is cool to see.
edit on 22-12-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

the patent being referred to:
Here

We claim:

1. A method of treating diseases caused by oxidative stress, comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of a cannabinoid that has substantially no binding to the NMDA receptor to a subject who has a disease caused by oxidative stress.

2. The method of claim 1, wherein the cannabinoid is nonpsychoactive.

3. The method of claim 2, wherein the cannabinoid has a volume of distribution of 10 L/kg or more.

4. The method of claim 1, wherein the cannabinoid is not an antagonist at the NMDA receptor.

5. The method of claim 1, wherein the cannabinoid is: ##STR22##

top topics

<<   2 >>

join