It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tangible Feeling of Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
A friend and I have sort of co-owned a rescued dog for the last seven years. Today we had to put her down. She was more my friend's dog than mine, so as the vet was giving her the injection, my friend hugged her upper body, while I had my hand on her rear leg. As she was dying, even though I couldn't feel her heartbeat, I felt her life leave her body. I mean, physically felt it.

I guess I can't really describe it very well unless you've experienced it yourself. Whenever I've put my hand upon a dying person or animal, I've felt it when their life leaves. I'm not sure if my friend felt it and didn't really want to ask, poor guy was just lost, he kept asking the vet if she was really gone. But I know I'm not the only one. Another time, another place, another friend, we were with someone we knew as he was dying from blood loss. There was nothing we could to do save him. We each held one of his hands as he closed his eyes and coughed up his last breath, and we simultaneously felt it when he died, we both looked up at each other and knew. We didn't even think about checking his heartbeat or pulse to be honest, it was only when someone else arrived very shortly afterwards and checked his pulse that we remembered. Of course, he was dead. We just didn't feel the need because we tangibly felt his life depart.

Human or animal, it's basically the same feeling. It's almost like, you feel this energy suddenly come from the dying one, and it's kinda like, you can feel it travelling through you. It's only for a second or three, not very long. The only (slight) difference between people and animals is that with people, it feels a bit stronger, sharper almost. Almost like an electric pulse that resonates through you. Every person, every animal, if you put your hand on them as they die, you'll feel it.

I don't consider this "paranormal" really, the reason I ask it here is because I figure many people will know about souls and the nature of death.

I want to know, if everyone can feel it? I want to know if other people here have touched a dying person or animal and felt the same thing? Or can only some people feel it? It's not an emotional thing, not a psychic thing, but a tangible, physical thing.

The only people I've ever really spoken to about it have been people who have also experienced a lot of death, like in warzones, or have been not only hunters, but hunters who actually respect the animals they kill, not those arseholes who think absolutely nothing of killing of animal, the ones who treat it same as pulling up a weed. The sort of people who will automatically reach out to touch a dying person, if that makes sense. The ones with understanding.

What are your experiences with death? If you've had to put a pet down, did you feel it when their life left? Where do you think their souls go?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
First the key the mystery of the universe. The average human body contains 4 billion trillion electrons. Each electron will last 100 billion trillion years. Only Awareness is eternal and stands outside of time and space. 19% of the electrons upon death of an entity are recycled by nature and 81% goes to the next
re-incarnation. This knowledge is from The Thaori.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
When my Mom died from cancer in 2011, I was 5 miles away at my own home, but I felt her energy suddenly there with me, and even said "Mom"? and then I yelled at the wife and called the family home phone and they said she just passed seconds ago, to which I said I already knew. Everyone was expecting her to live 6 months or more longer, so it was much sooner than anyone expected.

Even animals have a spirit of energy like this, and even though science might not prove such a thing, I know for a fact that this is the way it is.
I'm sorry for the loss you had with your dog passing. What you experienced is definitely real, and not limited to just people, in my opinion, and from my own experience.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
not sure if it happens to everyone, once you except loss as inevitable the feeling begins to numb. deaths are as much a part of life as living and breathing. So some people deal with it in different ways

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

The death of the body is absence of motion or response...

the very act of breathing is still motion...

When one looks at something that has never had such qualities... it is familiar, yet if one that has responded and moved no longer does so, it is unfamiliar... strange and dark

Though it shouldn't be feared... only accepted as inevitability

The real question is... "Is that the end?"

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Here's an interesting site i found while reading an old ATS thread from 2004 about the same topic.

www.near-death.com...

I've never experienced death but I have seen a crystalline city of lights i'm told i'm from by tall white beings with white hair and robes in my dreams many times.. It's interesting, nothing more but i thought you might like the link.
edit on 12/21/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepThoughtCriminal
What are your experiences with death? If you've had to put a pet down, did you feel it when their life left? Where do you think their souls go?

When I was a student I was introduced to the work of the photographer Wee Gee, it developed in me a fascination with the eyes of the dead. They try to replicate it in film and tv, but there is an absence that is only there in actuality. When I had my boys, cat Jack and cat Bruce, put to sleep, both within months of each other, I put my forehead against their's, looked into their eyes and watched them leave. I don't know where or if they go anywhere after that, I know what I like to think, that's all.

Really thoughtful piece, thanks for that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Its absolutely possible. Just look here in this clip at around 0:41 you see an
orb leaving the body of the mouse.

S/F

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: D0MiNAT0R 1OOO
www.youtube.com...

I didn't see an orb, took a few watches to see anything...possibly some passage of gas, or movement of dust with the last exhale?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

When my mom died, it involved her going on a medical helicopter from one hospital to another several hours away. We didn't get to see her at the new hospital until about 12 hours later. When she left on the helicopter, she was on life support but was still "alive." When I walked into her room in ICU at the new hospital, though still on life support, I could tell immediately she was gone. Nothing had changed in her condition outwardly, but the essence of life was absent. It was about 2 hours later a CT confirmed brain death. She had "died" sometime overnight, and she was just a shell at that point. It was eerie to have it be so obvious without any other confirmation. I could just feel that the human spark of life was gone.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I can honestly say I do t feel a thing. But I will say, that I think I experience death before it happens. Not really sure how to explain, but pretty much I'll feel a lot of strong emotions usually weekd and maybe even months before, which I feel is a precursor to what's ahead. Like on Dec. 2nd, the San Bernardino incident, weeks before I had a strong uneasy number of emotions. Than the day before my birthday, saw what was happening on the news.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepThoughtCriminal
As she was dying, even though I couldn't feel her heartbeat, I felt her life leave her body. I mean, physically felt it.

Methinks you conflate the experience of feeling/experiencing the closing down of physical function, physical 'death', with the 'poetic/emotional' translation of 'feeling her 'life' leave'!

And Souls never 'go' anywhere!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yours is a well thought out post, and I am sorry to hear of the passing of your dog.

I have been stunned several times to learn a day or two later that a school friend, former neighbor, etc has passed away because, out of the blue (and not while dreaming/sleeping) I've suddenly "thought of them" (with years and many miles between us) only to learn that they are gone. To my experience, I've viewed the sudden recollection as their spiritual "goodbye" to those that have been in their life.

When it has happened, I don't feel scared or sad, but this gladness that I knew them. I feel the grief (and sometimes fear) after I learn that they have died. It's not a psychic thing at all, I think it's just a connection we make with others that last a lifetime and with that there comes a closure.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

yes , it's real.

I have felt it with both people and pets.

Although I wasn't touching him at the time..... I am positive I felt the moment my husband left this earthly plane. I was driving to the hospital. I can totally tell you where I was on the road when I just knew he was gone. and on the drive there, I had no clue he was dieing. But I just knew.

top topics

join