It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A photographer visits Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Never-Before-Seen Images of The Fukushima Exclusion Zone!

A photographer has taken stunning and revealing pictures from inside the exclusion zone set up after the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan. Photographer and filmmaker Arkadiusz Podniesinski visited abandoned toxic towns and villages that once housed hundreds of thousands of people inside the 20km zone.

Link: details.ml...
edit on 19-12-2015 by JWagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JWagg

Great article and photos! Definitively brings to light the magnitude of Fukushima.

I also love seeing pictures of ghost towns where nature is creeping back through.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

S&F for you sir,

great find,

isn't it amazing how quickly nature can take back the land:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I'm confused about this "clean up" effort going on here. Is that the way it works? You simply wipe off the surfaces of homes and the deadly radiation goes away making them safe to live in??? Why didn't they do the same thing with the Chernobyl fallout zone? I can't believe people are thinking of moving back.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JWagg There have already been a few threads in this Japan forum about the Polish photographer whose amazing pictures of the Fukushima nuclear power disaster site and its radiation-saturated neighborhood have gotten a lot of attention. Few people, however, understand two key facts:

1. The Fukushima nuclear disaster is *not* over. Recent scientific reports from Fukushima Dai-ichi show increasing quantities of short-lived iodine-131 and other new fission products are still being released ... therefore, spontaneous criticalities of the 3 escaped coriums are still occurring.

2. The photographer foolishly removed his face mask and hair covering for a selfie photo with the destroyed reactors in the nearby background, despite the current airborne radiation levels in that location almost 200 milli-sieverts per hour. Contrast this behavior with that of the IAEA inspectors, who actually know what to do at a nuclear disaster site -- keeping on their face masks (actually sophisticated ventilation systems in their cases) and keeping on their hair coverings. Poor photographer ... Dead Man Walking?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Amazing, thank you for sharing, Love the pictures and the insight...I came to this section looking for an answer but I stayed for this.

I will still ask my question though, Why does Japan have it's own board? I mean US politics has one, but it's not just USA, and the rest bring up issues from around the world...why is Japan special..I am new here and I just can't figure it out.

new topics

top topics

join