It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 81
<< 78  79  80   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ahhhh, Very French

1. We've had this one before, I think
2. Sud-Est SE.3101
3. I'll think about this one.... Thinking Amiot perhaps
4. Koolhoven F.K.55 (but not French)
5. Dassault MD-312 Flamant

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
add more, Waynos must be kidnapped by terrorists again

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
aaaaaaaaa

Waynos, now, I can use Tinypic again, do u still remember the first time you give me this upload website?

bbbbbbbbbbbb

ccccccccccccccccccccc

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
considering relaunching this thread shortly so here's a bump to see if anyone is interested.

(btw, the top photo above is the Ago Kurier, the middle one I do not know and the third bears a resemblance to the Grumman Guardian but looks wrong somehow, as if it has been messed with?)

[edit on 12-2-2007 by waynos]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I would say the third picture is a Douglas BTD Destroyer. Note the cranked wing. The picture almost looks as if it is a taildragger, but closer inspection shows it has tricycle gear.

The identity of the second picture eludes me too.

Cheers,

Indrek

Criticism is easy, accomplishment is difficult

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I've been staying away from this site, as I picked up a nasty virus from it when logging out - I hope that's been cleared !!

No.2 is the Horton Wingless, a creation from the USA and not involving the German Horton Brothers - details on Aerofiles.

Indrek, are you the person of that name who plays the Slovak and UK quizzes ?

The Winged Wombat

[edit on 1/3/07 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yes, I attempt the quizes you mentioned. I have also found another called Avia Quiz - Name that plane. A recent one in the last quiz stumped me because I had never before seen a picture of a fairey Seal with an engine cowl. Doh!

Cheers,

Indrek

Criticism is easy: achievement is difficult. W.S.Churchill

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hi Indrek,

It's Bill Lines here. Pleased to meet you. I often wonder who the people doing the quizzes are.

I came across that quiz myself about a week ago. I picked the Fairey Seal as a Fairey product as it looked to me to have a family resemblence to the Swordfish and Putnam's Fairey Aircraft Since.... provided the final identification.

The Winged Wombat

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I had not grasped the significance of the wombat reference in your avatar, but I now realise it is because you are in Oz.

I will be in Melbourne next December to visit my daughter and her family. Of course, Australia is a big country, and for all I know you may live in Perth or Darwin.

I am currently on vacation in Florida, and consequently do not have access to my aviation books. This means I am reduced to Google and the web for my research. I spotted the resemblance to the Swordfish too, but did not follow through as thorughly as I should have done. Oh well.

Cheers,

Indrek

Criticism is easy; accomplishment is difficult. W.S.Churchill

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hi Indrek,

I was born in Melbourne, and while I've lived in many places around Australia (including Perth and Darwin), I'm currently living in the small town of Wodonga - 300 km / 180 miles north of Melbourne on the Victoria / New South Wales border.

So perhaps we can get together and compare reference libraries over an ale or two while you're here !

Good luck for the 17th and 18th,

The Winged Wombat

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hi Bill,

I checked out the Wodonga web site. The town looks very nice.

According to Google maps it is about a four hour drive from my daughter's place in Olinda, so I may be able to make a visit, provided I can convince my wife that it would be a good idea!

Cheers,

Indrek

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

4 me go ahead t here are really interesting picture athat I never knew
Regards:
Jorge

top topics

<< 78  79  80   >>

join