It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
1)Yak-141
2)MiG-21
3)a.An-12
b.F-102
Who know more informations about this aircraft?

[edit on 9-6-2006 by emile]

[edit on 9-6-2006 by emile]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
correct on all three.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
OK, I now LOVE Google Earth.

Here are three airbases....

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
1. f-15

2. mig 21 I think... or varients... cant tell, I see a su-7 varient in there too

3. something skyvan I think, B-25, F-5's, and a T-38

[edit on 6/9/06 by TristanBW9456]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
1. f-15

2. mig 21 I think... or varients... cant tell, I see a su-7 varient in there too

3. something skyvan I think, B-25, F-5's, and a T-38

[edit on 6/9/06 by TristanBW9456]

1 = correct. Probably F-15Es given that they are seen at RAF (..USAF..) Lakenheath in England.

2 = Part way there. The fighters seen top right are I think Fishbed varients. No Su-7s, they be Mig-19 derived types.

3. = part way again. There is an F-5 of some sort on the far left, witha T-33 next to it. No B-25 though, that's an ASW type... As a hint, far right are two broken down F104 Star Fighters no longer in service. This is a recent shot of a Taiwanese base.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hmmm, Grumman Tracker and Fairchild Packet? If not a Packet then a Nord Noratlas?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Waynos is as close as I can get too. Number 2 above is still open, if they aren't MiG-21s, then they must be....

BTW, here's a pretty pic of some aircraft on a base just east of Tripoli:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No 2 just looks like lots of J-7's and a J-6 to me, but its 1:25 am and my eyes are blurry

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ok, my opinion as to what No.2 shows:

The top two smaller delta wing jets are J-7 (Mig-21 'Fishbed'). There is a J-6, probably actually a JJ-6 Trainer (Mig-19 'Farmer'). Then all the other delta winged fighters are J-8-II 'Finback' fighters. Look how much bigger they are than the J-7s.

PS. If you guys like this sort of Google-Earth ID challenge, I have some more exotic ones from around the world...

[edit on 11-6-2006 by planeman]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
OK, looking again I think that the two planes 'above' the J-6 look too small to be J-7's, but I cannot think of anything else they might be and google earth can throw up odd 'perspective' tricks with neighbouring objects (Conisbrough Castle looks well wierd on first viewing) so I say yes, J-7.

I think the two aircraft further down from but in line with the J-6 and the five planes facing are J-8's as planeman says but of the two at the bottom of the picture I think only the one on the left is a J-8 and it has a J-7 parked next it. I cannot begin to guess at specific variants though.

second thoughts, the plane on the right does look like a J-8, but the one next to it looks bigger. Surely not an Su-15?

Keep em coming planeman, these are great

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Surely not Su-15, but perhaps the Q-5/A-5 'Fantan' variation on the J-6 as the shadow would tend to indicate cheek intakes and a pointed nose, while equally the direction of shadow does not make it clear whether the wing planform is swept or delta?

[edit on 12/6/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Three experts but no one know what I posted is????

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sorry emile,

I don't know this aircraft, however it has some design similarities with the designs of the IML Group in New Zealand with the ADDAX and AX-1 and could have some connection with either the company or the designer.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I realise with these google earth shots that the aircraft on the edges of the image are not in focus. When I'm actually in google-earth I can move the viewpoint around to get a clearer look at them - so it's easy for me to say that the two aircraft at the bottom of that previous image are beth J-8-IIs, it's harder for you guys who only get that image. But still, some exotic beauties to be had,,,

3. bit of a theme coming along here,,,,

4. Meanwhile, several thousand miles away,,,,

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hmmm,

1, from the top, An-71, An-12, An-74

2 group of Il-114's (??), out of focus Il-76 and (?)Be-40, in focus Il-76, another sans wing and a Tu-95. planes facing Tu-95 are too small for me to make out.

3 Several An-12's and a Il-76 Mainstay

4 3 MiG 25

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Hmmm,

1, from the top, An-71, An-12, An-74

2 group of Il-114's (??), out of focus Il-76 and (?)Be-40, in focus Il-76, another sans wing and a Tu-95. planes facing Tu-95 are too small for me to make out.

3 Several An-12's and a Il-76 Mainstay

4 3 MiG 25

1 = all correct. An-71 "Madcap" carrierborne AEW aircraft was a nice find. An-74 may be an An-72, not easy to say, but what's a couple of digits between friends anyway? These are pictured in Kiev, Ukraine so I would guess it's Antonov's factory field.

2... well, you got some right. There's more to the Il-76s but the Bear is quite right. The Be-40 (marked 'C' below) is as close as we are going to get too. Let's break this down into groups so that we can get better focus:

WRONG!!!!!! -strange how I take a perverse pleasure in saying that... please try again.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
3 = Ha! Then they'll be MiG 31's after all, damn. The extra length should be obvious but I wasn't looking properly again!

1= Yes, I had always though the 'Coaler' with extended outer wings was the An-74 until I saw one clearly marked as an An-72, out of habit though I still distinguish them this way.

2= Down to business, these are btter pics now,

A= now much easier to make out, I believe they are Be-12's

B= Looks like a Mainstay with its radar dish on the florr beside it?

C= Done that

D = Can't make out whats going on on top of the centre fuselage? Could be a radar dish pylon undergoing maintenance making it another Mainstay.

E= a Midas tanker variant?

F = Can you do anything with this as I can barely see anything at all? If I squint and blur my vision at the same time I can sort of see three Su-25 Frogfoot's.

'X' - this is really curious as it seems to look like the Nene-Viking!!! Of course it isnt

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

3 = Ha! Then they'll be MiG 31's after all, damn. The extra length should be obvious but I wasn't looking properly again!

1= Yes, I had always though the 'Coaler' with extended outer wings was the An-74 until I saw one clearly marked as an An-72, out of habit though I still distinguish them this way.

C= Done that

D = Can't make out whats going on on top of the centre fuselage? Could be a radar dish pylon undergoing maintenance making it another Mainstay.

F = Can you do anything with this as I can barely see anything at all? If I squint and blur my vision at the same time I can sort of see three Su-25 Frogfoot's.

'X' - this is really curious as it seems to look like the Nene-Viking!!! Of course it isnt

3 = ... a school boy error, really dear boy!
2A = I agree. I think this is the Beriev factory field.
2B = that's my take. It doesn't appear to have a modified nose though.
2D = I think it's an A-50 in repair/conversion.
2E = might be with the wingtip pod(?) - Il-76 is good enough for me though.
2F = They look like small WIG to me, probably Be-103
X = boring. But since you ask, given that it seems to be a Beriev facility I'd guess Be-32K

On the subject of WIGs, this might interest you: www.sinodefenceforum.com... - I think I've found a WIG in China.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

C= Done that

3 = ... a school boy error, really dear boy!
2A = I agree. I think this is the Beriev factory field.
2B = that's my take. It doesn't appear to have a modified nose though.
2D = I think it's an A-50 in repair/conversion.
2E = might be with the wingtip pod(?) - Il-76 is good enough for me though.
2F = They look like small WIG to me, probably Be-103
X = boring. But since you ask, given that it seems to be a Beriev facility I'd guess Be-32K

On the subject of WIGs, this might interest you: www.sinodefenceforum.com... - I think I've found a WIG in China.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Damn you, lol. I was just coming back to be clever and identify 'X' as the Be 32!!!

Never thought aboutt he Be 103, but I'm sure you're right
I'd say that makes the Be-32 a cert.

More please!

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81 >>

join