It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star wars TFA - thoughts ? CAUTION CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Klassified

I did consider that Rey might just be a natural Jedi, like Anakin.

To be fair Anakin was not really a random he was created through the force by Darth Sidious and Plaguis.

Debated by fans, but a good point to bring up. No natural father. Just a mother. Jesus anyone?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yes Anakin is supposedly "immaculate" conception, I don't think that is the case with Rey though as she says parents instead of just Mother.

The whole point of latest film though is the Force awakening in people, Rey obviously has it, I think Finn will have it and I think Poe will have it too. Snokes is obviously force sensitive too for his line "there has been an awakening, do you feel it?" and his training of Kylo in the ways of the Dark side to make sense. I think it's another part of the reason why he destroyed the republic fleet worlds, to mass kill anyone who is potentially "awakening" who may pose a threat to his first order.

It's probably a film that requires a few watches to notice subtle things which add to the "awakening" plot

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

Nope not me. Canada for this guy

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The movie is sold out in my city till monday. So unfortunately i have to wait till then to go see it again.
Hopefully i can full focus on the movie this time around.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nice! found tickets for tonight in 3d and for a tomorrow matinee at noon!

Went to episode 3, 6 times in theater
The first 2 times i went solo and the last 4 time went with ym buddy.
Him and i are going tonight and i will be solo tomorrow....ya im kind of a fan boy when it comes to star wars.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Why would you want to put yourself through such cruelty ?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Did someone leave the doors to theatre locked and thought it would be funny to put it on repeat?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Go easy on me guys. I grew up with it. When i was a little kid i went through multiple copies of empire strikes back. My mom even had to replace the vcr at one point because everyday it was played at least 2 times in a row.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Do you mean episode 6 (the third film) Return of the Jedi, or Episode 3 (the 6th film) Revenge of the Sith ?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Although I'm bummed about Solo, this was a great movie. I loved how Chewie went into insant kick-ass mode when Solo was murdered by his own son. GO CHEWIE!

I expected at least a one liner from Luke, but at least we know he'll be the Obi Wan of the next episode...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oh, and i just have to mention one awesome detail that I reallly liked. The holographic game on the Falcon, they brought it back without changing a damn thing! That was quite nostalgic.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Do you mean episode 6 (the third film) Return of the Jedi, or Episode 3 (the 6th film) Revenge of the Sith ?

Ep 3 revenge of the sith

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The next director has some big shoes and expectations to fill

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
One aspect of the story-line I think was intentional was the vast similarities to ep4-ANH is to demonstrate that history has a tendency to repeat itself. And, if the forces of good are not constantly keeping the forces of evil at bay, pushing it back it will engulf us all. I read it as a message the freedom is not free, and must be repeatedly be renewed by the blood of the fight.

As for the Rey character, she is either a life created by the Metaclorians (like Anakin) but this time instead of being created by the Sith, it was created by the Jedi, Luke in particular. It is a counter-force to Anakin/Vader in an attempt to stave off the dark-side for good. After seeing all he did, and feeling himself slipping toward the dark-side (end of ep6-ROJ) and his failure with his nephew Ben, the only solution is to defeat the dark-side by creating a new Anakin life-form that does not turn to the dark-side.

Or, she is simply Luke's daughter, hidden away to prevent being killed by Ben/Kylo-Ren.

But then, I could be wrong.

edit on 12/26/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join