It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-like capabilies coming to US warplanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
" The AFRL is also working on a defensive laser shield.

A 360-degree laser 'bubble' would surround a U.S. warplane.

That bubble would disable or destroy anything that comes inside, like a missile or another aircraft.

To invent such a shield, you'd need a turret that doesn't interfere with the aerodynamics of the warplane.

A turret like that has already been successfully tested in partnership with Lockheed Martin and DARPA, the Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency."

Those that profess to tell us about the newest weapons being developed in the US arsenal continually discuss things that have wings and jet/rocket engines. The above announcement gives an indication that we are developing exotic craft that mimic UFO capabilities. That has been the case for years as I try to pound into other heads less given to agendas that the UFOs are literally coming...from our own factories.

One major point I've pushed about a massless craft as I've stated over the years here on ATS is that the field that makes the craft without mass extends out around it to some degree and that same capability then also serves as a defensive zone such that any thing of mass that enters that zone also becomes massless and no threat to the actual ship. ...And now they are telling us that it is coming on our hardware. More than likely, it is already operational on the black triangles as they are true exotics. The statement about the equipment that shouldn't "...interfere with the aerodynamics of the warplane..." is pure hogwash, disinfo to shield the fact that the carrier of that weapon will not be legitimate AIRcraft using standard aerodynamic forces for maneuvering in the atmosphere and even space. And it is more disinfo to say that the shield is a separate laser weapon. It is simply a by-product generated by the core unit for mobility.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -protection-bubble.html#ixzz3ud98qPNl

edit on 17-12-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wow
shields up captain

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
And STILL the most exotic capabilities of the most advanced aircraft that are publicly known today are downright primitive compared to the aerial technology somebody had perfected 70 years ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Under the Dome anyone?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

It is a bit of a leap to assume that a plane mounted laser that will fire upon anything within a set spherical radius (probably using some sort of proximity detection), equates to masslessness and anti-gravity.

edit on 18/12/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I have heard about the laser technology you speak of, but I have some concerns about the ocean spanning leap you take by speaking of massless craft at this point.

The two technologies have nothing, zero, zilch to do with one another. Lasers have been around for an awfully long time, and it is great to see military hardware finally use them for something other than simple targeting (in some respects...it is also somewhat concerning, but the nerd in me is saying "it's about damned time"). But to create a massless craft, one would have to have mastery over the Higgs boson at least, if not the new potential particle being hinted at by new results from the LHC, some sort of "heavy Higgs" boson, a chunkier prospect, if initial results and their interpretation of data is anything to go by.

The behaviour of a massless craft in flight is something that we simply cannot replicate, even with the most powerful and dynamic engine models we have today, or for that matter the most hardened and unrelenting airframes. Pulling a 90 degree turn at Mach 5 is still impossible for a man made craft, no matter how you slice it, and until that ceases to be the case, we can rely on the fact that our craft still have mass. So on the massless craft issue, when our craft can go from the ground, to outside the atmosphere, and accelerate to their maximum speed in the first meter of lift off, vertically, then you might have a point. Until our aircraft can pull totally impossible, on a dime turns at maximum velocity, go straight up from the ground at extreme speed without having to actually accelerate, and until they are basically capable of extra atmospheric flight, there is no reason to believe they are using exotic technology beyond the ken of regular persons.

After all, I understand the laser technology you speak of all too well, and as for jet engines? Well...those have been around some time. There is no hint at a change in the way those things operate in basic principle at the moment, so I think all this talk of massless this that and the others is rather premature.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I'm not poo-pooing it in anyway, as I think technology like this is amazing but...

...goddamnit, where's the FTL drive or hyperspace or warp travel??

Shields, of course are required but - I wish I could see other worlds in my lifetime.

/sigh

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

I'm not poo-pooing it in anyway, as I think technology like this is amazing but...

...goddamnit, where's the FTL drive or hyperspace or warp travel??

Shields, of course are required but - I wish I could see other worlds in my lifetime.

/sigh

Wait until 2032. Around new years eve. As to the massless craft. Its been discussed in a few threads. Its not really massless just the FORCE on it is temporarily nullified giving it the appeareance of being lighter than air and floating.

To th e poster saying our tech is not up to date. th e military tech the general population sees and publicly funds is just a cover and to give people jobs and deniability.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This "laser dome" already exists on some ground vehicles. It's simply a perimeter scanner that tracks and destroys incoming projectiles using a defensive guided cannon. The cannon is so fast and accurate that if defending multiple targets it would probably look like a sci-fi force field to the layman.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh

There are also a number of antimissile lasers available to aircraft, that are designed to blind IR seekers. They're known as DIRCM, for Directed InfraRed CounterMeasures.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
solid state lasers of various sorts have the potential to be conformal and be steered by some of the same techniques available to phased array radars that is electronically scanning of phase shift beam steering. That mean "phaser emitter strips" like on star trek but without the fictional pseudo-scientific "nadion" particles and stuff. which means "slewing" to target lock at the speed of light rather than mechanically limited relatively slow turrets, aiming mirrors and prisms. you cannot dodge it or fake it out with erratic maneuvers and speed shifts.

it means possible simultaneous targeting and engaging of multiple targets and composite beam strength right sized for a particular target.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Kick ass. I kinda thought they already had something like this in development.

top topics

join