It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 killed during I-40 shooting rampage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

CUSTER COUNTY, Okla. -
Two people were killed Thursday during a shooting spree that spanned 50 miles and three counties in Oklahoma, officials with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said.

Authorities said the rampage started on Interstate 40 in Canadian County around midnight.

2 killed during I-40 shooting rampage

Not much to go on right now. Just a couple of thoughts. First, 50 miles is a pretty good clip. Shots fired on the highway is a huge concern; backdrop, ever changing for starters.

Secondly, trucks fired at and possibly hit. Damage may go unknown for hours maybe days...

Given the current events, I'm surprised it lasted for 50 miles???

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Alcohol and firearms don't mix.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

50 miles ... quite a ways...amazing that there were not more casualties. ... it's "always just before a Holiday"....... seemingly.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well damn. We caught 44 in Oklahoma City, off 40 yesterday afternoon.

This time of year is hard for a lot of people. This year seems harder than previous years.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yea. I'm so surprised. This time of year the coverage is ample, that's what Came to mind...50 miles. Stay safe Zaph.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Some people don't deal with this time of year well. This year, unlike past years, the freight market is bad. That's a pretty good indication of the economy as well. Add in the stress of the holidays and people are going to snap.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Copy that!! I remember the day.... The hard part, dealing w/the aftermath & famy....

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The last month or so I've been seeing a lot more reports of road rage reported among drivers. Some pretty nasty incidents in truck stops too.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The last month or so I've been seeing a lot more reports of road rage reported among drivers. Some pretty nasty incidents in truck stops too.

I got involved in a road rage incident because two months ago, drove off before the small manhood dude aproched my car after playing chicken with him when he tried to pass me in opposing traffic.

That's not all, a woman just over the weekend had left a local Walmart where she punched someone and shortly after, blew through an accident scene almost hitting first responders. She was pulled over then tried to run over another firefighter.

Not only that, the amount of me first and ____ you I've seen on the road recently is staggering, even for this area.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This may seem like a petty and "off topic" thing to say but, I have noticed that people in general seem to be, not sure of what word to use, just rude as hell.
Last night my daughter and I went to a local sporting goods store to get a gift for school. I'm telling you that three people literally ran all over me. I stopped to check my purse because I thought "am I being pick pocketed?".
I listen to the scanner at night often and I have heard, what seems to me, an increase in DV calls. I suppose that is normal for police this time of year. Such a shame that people have no outlet except drinking too much and beating the tar out of each other!

I imagine this constant barrage of negative "news" doesn't help someone who is already dealing with "just too damn much" and listening to the political parties constantly arguing and berating each other, the acts of terrorism around the world and right here at home, the economy is going to crash, and we are all doomed. I imagine, for some folks, the littlest thing is bound to set them off and over reaction is soon to follow.

It is not know yet what sparked this particular incident but, this time of year nothing would surprise me. It seems as if everyone is on edge, in a hurry, uptight and nervous and we're getting nowhere quickly!

Thanks for reading!

edit on 17-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: Just reread, sorry for the "rant"!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

I've seen drivers talking about having guns pulled on them walking in the truck stop, a driver got into a shootout with someone the other day and wound up with a bunch of holes in his door, etc. It's getting nasty out here lately.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I just have to say.... 50 Miles!! That's a lot of ammo! I'm thinking there is more to the story.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
And more Ammo for the Ban guns!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Wonder if what causes El Niño or El Niño itself affects people to act this way...or if the fact there is a full moon on Christmas. Or as my dad always says, maybe the government has been spraying again.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

My mother used to be a psych nurse, and every full moon the patients were that much crazier.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Big storm systems out and big pressure changes in the air. I know when I worked with kids, they always went bonkers. Our son is no different and our cats always wig out too.

Everyone who has to drive needs to take their time and double check your mirrors.

In times like these, good situational awareness could be the difference for you.

My husband at least only has to do his daily commute one more time before he's on holiday until early January. I have to keep up mine all the way through, but at least I don't have the added pressure of taking kiddo to and from school now.

top topics

join