It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government For Sale: How the 2016 Elections Are Bought!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Who’s funding Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? Watch me investigate the backers of the 2016 presidential elections! Plus, does money translate into popularity? How come Jeb’s raking in over $100 million in campaign financing but still sitting at the bottom of the polls? Watch and find out!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Who’s funding Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? Watch me investigate the backers of the 2016 presidential elections! Plus, does money translate into popularity? How come Jeb’s raking in over $100 million in campaign financing but still sitting at the bottom of the polls? Watch and find out!

So why did you even mention Donald Trump in the opening paragraph if you don't have any information about him in the video? It's like you just wanted to lump him in with all the others taking special interest money. A tad bit disingenuous don't you think?
edit on 15-12-2015 by Enochstask because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2015 by Enochstask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

So why did you even mention Donald Trump in the opening paragraph if you don't have any information about him in the video? It's like you just wanted to lump him in with all the others taking special interest money. A tad bit disingenuous don't you think?

Which is interesting because Ventura and Trump were BFFs when they did to the Reform Party, in 2000, What Trump is doing to the GOP, now: tearing it apart.

It almost seems this political operative & provocateur is trying to disassociate from that political operative & provocateur.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Enochstask

Which is interesting because Ventura and Trump were BFFs when they did to the Reform Party, in 2000, What Trump is doing to the GOP, now: tearing it apart.

It almost seems this political operative & provocateur is trying to disassociate from that political operative & provocateur.

That's interesting I didn't know that.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i was just wondering the same thing. What do they really do with all these donations? It can't cost that much to fly around and give speeches?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Explain how JV is a provocateur?

People love to attach these labels to alternative pundits and never explain why, because the power is in the accusation and not the facts, right?
edit on 15-12-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

People love to attach these labels to alternative pundits and never explain why, because the power is in the accusation and not the facts, right?

By putting Trumps name in the first paragraph of the OP and not mentioning Trump at all in the video.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

It's common knowledge that Trump is self-funding his own campaign and the video focuses on candidates who have taken the most money from donations... hence the title Government for Sale.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It's common knowledge that Trump is self-funding his own campaign and the video focuses on candidates who have taken the most money from donations... hence the title Government for Sale.

Then why mention Trumps name in the OP paragraph was my point? It's like JV is saying Trump is taking donations. There is no reason to mention Trump at all.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Maybe it's because he is currently the leading candidate and seems to garner the most attention on this website? When was the last time you seen a thread about Clinton or Bush?

If this video was 10 minutes of bashing on Trump and ignoring everyone else, the Trump haters would be giving a standing ovation without questioning the motives behind it like every news article posted on here.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I agree corporate greed is out of control.

Yes, I agree we need new laws on the books to stop campaign contributions in our elections, our government is not supposed to be for sale.

But unfortunately we will never see these kinds of laws pass, because the elective officials that are in office are already bought and paid for. It's to late.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Some people may, but not me. I've explained why I have this opinion before and I am happy to, again.

...or i can just link to my last explanation:

Link

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

For your proof you post an article promoted by the BBC, which in itself is nothing but opinion and conjecture.

I hardly call that hard evidence.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

For your proof you post an article promoted by the BBC, which in itself is nothing but opinion and conjecture.

No, I posted a direct link to my comment.

Here it is again:

Well, first you must know that I have suspected Trump of being a provocateur and operative for years for unrelated reasons. So when he announced he was running I took a look back at his political record.

In 1999 & 2000, Trump joined the Reform Party and floated a run for months. Then Jesse Ventura -- the third highest party leader -- made some incendiary comments in a Playboy interview and the other party leaders were 'forced' to disassociate from him lest he soil the Reform Party values. They asked him to resign, which he did. Here is a snip from an article on that:

Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura stayed true to his word Friday afternoon and severed his ties to the Reform Party's national organization, saying the party's entrenched establishment operates in such a way that growth within its ranks has been stymied since his 1998 election.

Ventura was the so-called 'third party's' highest elected public official. Rumors have persisted for days that he had had enough of his dealings with the national organization, and was intent on walking away.

"I am announcing today that I am disafilliating myself from the Reform Party," Ventura told a clutch of reporters outside the Minnesota statehouse.

Gov. Jesse Ventura said: "I believe the national party is going in the wrong direction, and is becoming what we in Minnesota do not want it to be," he said.

Trump and Ventura were in tight and, as I recall, Trump even floated his name as a possible VP (and Oprah's, again, BTW).

So Trump ditched the party with Ventura, and left it in a shambles:

New York tycoon Donald Trump said Monday he won't run for president because the Reform Party is "SELF-DESTRUCTING" and CAN'T PROVIDE THE SUPPORT A CANDIDATE NEEDS TO WIN. "You could only win the whole thing with a totally unified party," Trump said on NBC's "Today." After months of speculation about a possible candidacy, the colorful and controversial billionaire said he was dissuaded in part by the departure of Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura, who had been an ally of Trump's. He also took a shot at former Republican Pat Buchanan, who is seeking the party's nomination, and his unlikely supporter, leftist activist Lenora Fulani. "THE REFORM PARTY IS A TOTAL MESS," Trump said.

Sounds familiar, eh?

This move left Pat Buchanan as the Reform Party candidate and enthusiasm for the party was sapped. It was a fledgling party and vulnerable. No doubt it had a significant effect on Bush winning Florida by a mere 537 conservative votes.

I think both Trump and Ventura are operatives and they go where they are told to go and espouse the politics they are told to espouse. That's why their records are all over the place. This time, it's the democrats Trump aims to help.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion.

But I've seen Jesse Ventura's show 'Conspiracy Theory,' too, and it can only be described as disinfo and discrediting to anyone who questions the government. With Alex Jones & David Icke guest starring and Oliver Stone's son appearing on it, I have to discount all of them. (I personally think that Oliver Stone's JFK is the biggest pile of JFK assassination propaganda to ever be sanctioned so it's not a leap for me to raise my eyebrow at his son, too.)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So because the Reform Party disagreed with Ventura's and Trump's opinions and sent them packing because they wouldn't conform to the parties beliefs, much like the current establishment is doing at this moment, they must be agents?

Some fancy word gymnastics and articles from the New York Times aren't exactly proof of this either.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

edit on 15-12-2015 by WomenUnited because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Whatever/Whoever you want to believe in is up to you, as I stated in the comment I quoted, This is MY OPINION of JV.

I think he is a political operative, provocateur, and disinfo agent.

That's MY opinion. I am happy you have yours, too.

Tell me why I should trust in him or believe anything coming out of his mouth?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

No, I posted a direct link to my comment.

Here it is again:

Well, first you must know that I have suspected Trump of being a provocateur and operative for years for unrelated reasons. So when he announced he was running I took a look back at his political record.

In 1999 & 2000, Trump joined the Reform Party and floated a run for months. Then Jesse Ventura -- the third highest party leader -- made some incendiary comments in a Playboy interview and the other party leaders were 'forced' to disassociate from him lest he soil the Reform Party values. They asked him to resign, which he did. Here is a snip from an article on that:

Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura stayed true to his word Friday afternoon and severed his ties to the Reform Party's national organization, saying the party's entrenched establishment operates in such a way that growth within its ranks has been stymied since his 1998 election.

Ventura was the so-called 'third party's' highest elected public official. Rumors have persisted for days that he had had enough of his dealings with the national organization, and was intent on walking away.

"I am announcing today that I am disafilliating myself from the Reform Party," Ventura told a clutch of reporters outside the Minnesota statehouse.

Gov. Jesse Ventura said: "I believe the national party is going in the wrong direction, and is becoming what we in Minnesota do not want it to be," he said.

Trump and Ventura were in tight and, as I recall, Trump even floated his name as a possible VP (and Oprah's, again, BTW).

So Trump ditched the party with Ventura, and left it in a shambles:

New York tycoon Donald Trump said Monday he won't run for president because the Reform Party is "SELF-DESTRUCTING" and CAN'T PROVIDE THE SUPPORT A CANDIDATE NEEDS TO WIN. "You could only win the whole thing with a totally unified party," Trump said on NBC's "Today." After months of speculation about a possible candidacy, the colorful and controversial billionaire said he was dissuaded in part by the departure of Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura, who had been an ally of Trump's. He also took a shot at former Republican Pat Buchanan, who is seeking the party's nomination, and his unlikely supporter, leftist activist Lenora Fulani. "THE REFORM PARTY IS A TOTAL MESS," Trump said.

Sounds familiar, eh?

This move left Pat Buchanan as the Reform Party candidate and enthusiasm for the party was sapped. It was a fledgling party and vulnerable. No doubt it had a significant effect on Bush winning Florida by a mere 537 conservative votes.

I think both Trump and Ventura are operatives and they go where they are told to go and espouse the politics they are told to espouse. That's why their records are all over the place. This time, it's the democrats Trump aims to help.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion.

But I've seen Jesse Ventura's show 'Conspiracy Theory,' too, and it can only be described as disinfo and discrediting to anyone who questions the government. With Alex Jones & David Icke guest starring and Oliver Stone's son appearing on it, I have to discount all of them. (I personally think that Oliver Stone's JFK is the biggest pile of JFK assassination propaganda to ever be sanctioned so it's not a leap for me to raise my eyebrow at his son, too.)

So what the hell does this have to do with the OP and the question asked by Enochstask?

Why does JV's story about big donations and the candidates that take them mention a cannidate that funds his own entire campaign and hasn't taken one cent in donations?

Simple question. Right?

edit on 12/15/2015 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

He ran and won the election for Governor of Minnesota as a third party independent.

He has publicly spoken out against both parties, more so the democrats then the republicans in recent years.

He has publicly stated dozens of times that any political party, including the Reform Party, is corrupt and liken them to a gang in his book "Democrips and Rebloodlicans" in the sense that you need to conform to the parties overall status quo or else you will be completely shut out which is exactly what we are seeing.

When it comes to JV, I see no political bias when it comes to any affiliation to a political party.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I replied to a question asked by Konduit.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join