It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been away from ATS for a while, happy to say I'm back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hi everyone

I am looking forward to browsing through the archives to see what you lot have been discussing since I have been absent.

A lot can change in our lives over a short period of time, I was a happy chappie living my dream in a country town this time last year, that has all changed, I'm back in the city suburbs amoung the rat race so to speak.

Within the first 3 months of being back in the burbs my house was broken into, largely my fault because I left some windows unlocked, this was a habit I had gained from leaving doors, windows open in a small town where it was ok to do so.

On the up side, the house I am now renting is a lifetime deal at reduced rent, so no compliants there.

I am living closer to my family, which is always important, I get to see a whole lot more of my 6 grandkids now.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your threads, hopefully adding my two cents worth and popping the odd thread in as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

Welcome home!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Cheers ReadLeader good to be back on board.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

happy you have returned and looking forward to seeing you on the forums

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Pleased to meet ou I'm sure. a reply to: keenasbro

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Welcome back!

Might see you around

Congrats on the grand kid brood!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Things have changed a bit since you have been gone, but it sounds like you are used to change, so the changes here will come as no surprise.

I am thinking very seriously about making the change you just made, and to tell you the truth I am scared to death of all of the possibilities.

I live in the backwoods and while I love it, I am also very aware that I am not as able to manage so much land by myself anymore. My family loves coming to visit, but no one is interesting in moving out to the woods, were it takes 45 minutes just to go shopping or to a movie.

Moving closer to the city will put me closer to my family, and I honestly see that as a mixed blessing. I have trouble sometimes relating to some of the things that people have reported here on ATS, because some of it is so different from the life that I live.

I know the internet is full of crazy stories that are often embellished or just plain lies, so all I have to go on really, is what I see, the knowledge I have gained through my own experiences, and the experience, and knowledge I gain from those I trust.

So I will be very interested is hearing your views on the changes you see from your perspective.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Hi NightSkye.

Choices, wow... I would love to have continued living in a small country town, but my finances won't allow this.

I am lucky in that my house is located on the cusp of suburbia and country, which means I can jump in my car and be driving on country roads within 5 minutes, if I take a left hand turn I will be on a major highway (shudders)

The pros and cons???

Living closer to Family.

I was talking to my daughter yesterday by telephone, she informed me that she and two of my grand children are moving to a small seaside country town, approximately 2 hours drive from where I live. (I didn't see that coming)

I am babysitting my two youngest grandkids today, 2 yr old and 1 yr old terrors. (I wouldn't want them any other way)
So yes, you get to see way more of the grandkids as a built in babysitter. I love it really.

On the downside of suburbia living for me, are the shopping centres, traffic and rude people. I can't stand them, I prefer to drive an extra couple of miles to find a small shopping centre, yes the checkout bill is a little higher but the experience is more enjoyable.

Location in suburbia is worth thinking about if you have a choice. I live in an area which is nick named the bronxs and for good reason, you don't have to walk far down the street if you want to buy drugs (not my thing) I won't let my 14 year old grandkids (girls) go to the mall alone, which is a pain because I have to take them and as I said I do not like shopping centres.

If I was able to stay living country, I would not have moved away to live in the suburbs.

Mixed blessings, so true NightSkye, make the decision that is right for you.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I think I will hold out a little longer.

I let about 3 acres got back to nature. I think I am going to have to find an attractive way to let at least another acre or so go back, and hang in here until I am ready to throw in the towel.

top topics

join