It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun with .gov

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
A better NSA search here.

Anyway, you won't find anything of interest at NSA's website anyhow. They have some of the best computer security of any government organization out there. They better. Almost the entire organization is made up of geeks, hackers, and mathematicians working on some of the most advanced cryptography on the planet, not to mention the infamous (or not) Security-Enhanced Linux which can be obtained freely by any interested individual, and those willing enough to put the work in to learn how to use it will find it immensely useful.

You know you're being followed by the NSA when you spy some scrawny geek in dorky looking glasses following you around. All you need to get rid of them is to pay some hot chick to intervene on your behalf. Most likely, the geek will be in so much shock that a girl is talking to him that he'll never get to second base with her. Another tactic would be to stop inside some comic or gaming store and offer to buy them something if they'll leave you alone. Nine times out of ten, they'll take the bait. Or just kick their ass in a foam fighting challenge.

Sorry, self-deprecating humor utilizing geek stereotypes is necessary when we nerds are talking about each other, and the NSA is no exception to that rule. That's the one thing the NSA can't coverup.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wonderful job twitchy!!! A good superhighway of info to divulge in.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I was doing some playing around with this and came up with this...

goes.gsfc.nasa.gov...

by going here first...

goes.gsfc.nasa.gov...

does anyone know what it is?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
well cool, gonna play about with those searches! cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
there are things called honeypots used to find out who is being nosey. so be careful out there. I am not about to go into the odds and ends of it but a few things might help you understand why these sites would be so wide open.

findarticles.com...

first of all dotgov is a private domain but it is on the public internet. even with all the passwords you would not find anything on a dotgov site that is classified in nature. any files of substance would only be accessible after gaining access to the private network.

secondly by going to sites that are not linked you open yourself up to being noticed. good thing we are all law abiding citizens. it is fun to do i must admit. But i just want you to know there are some places with tidbits of cool stuff and while your looking at it, someone else is looking at you. lots of silent installs and i am sure there are some cool windows scripts we will never be told about. might want to check for rootkits and also look at your outgoing logs if you hae a firewall installed after looking around some of those sites.

I do not believe much time is wasted tracking down curious americans but you might not want to start typing in passwords or running some hack you found on a site.

now as far as other businesses and colleges google is really good at showing you some interesting things. you can search for private folders or home cameras and all kinds of stuff!

Just thought i would leave a little note before people started thinking our gov had security that lax.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join