It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i dunno if this is a good place for this topic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
im a crazy 18 year old who decided he stay up for 4 days. i did it with ease. the next time i tried to meet it, i got 3days and called it quits. im going right now and im at 2 days. but i get my wisdom teeth out friday so theres no use in going on. but during the summer, i am planning on staying awake for 30days. i read a post on here from awhile back about this issue. i know most of the effects, i know what im getting myself into, i think. dont base me solely on immaturity or anything of that sort, i want to do something that i know is close to impossible, i like to push the cards, im just simply insane. what do you think about it? will someone give me some input? im serious about this, but my friends are trying to talk me out of it or most of them dont think im serious. should i go through with it?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
At the very least you should do some research on the long term effects resulting from forced sleep deprivation.

It could be that you end up having fun now and paying through the nose later on in life.

The body, unlike the spirit, is not invincible and has a long memory!

��

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I know the most i have done was four days. not easy and not on purpose. i would perfer to sleep normal hours. take caution your days run together and it can be done. i dont know about 30 days though sounds like u may pass out and have sleep forced upon you. dont drive during this time period u can put others in danger.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
nosleep30days, Whats the point? To push the cards... I suspect your attempt to do this will cause your mind to shut down one why or the other... You need to find anouther hobby.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There is scant information on the web that you could end up in a permanent stupor or even coma.

Once sleep deprivation has set in, the lost sleep can never be made up ever! Research has also shown that by being chronically sleep deprived, one is measurably shortening their life.

During the time period of sleep deprivation, the body is not able to resist disease or fight off bacteria. What if you catch the flu or the bacteria in your gut isn't 100% friendly?

If your body has any damaged tissue anywhere at all inside, that tissue will not heal properly...a cyst, a microscopic blot clot, invisible bruise or ulceric hemorrhage. Imagine 30 days before a wound of that type is attended to.

Data suggest that sleep amounts and depth of sleep play a role in the nocturnal secretion of a chemical called Interleukin-6 (IL-6). Given the association between increases in Interleukin-6 and REM sleep, disturbances of sleep architecture may lead to abnormalities in the sleep-related secretion of IL-6, which in turn has implications for inflammatory and cardiovascular disease risk. Read "damaged heart tissue"

In short, you are taking a big risk to your future ability to remain healthy! Don't do it! Guiness Book of World Records today...palliative care tomorrow!

Just my thoughts on the matter!

��

[edit on 6-1-2005 by sozzledboot]

[edit on 6-1-2005 by sozzledboot]

top topics

join