It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animated Proteins Enzymes and You. (Beware .Gifs)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
¡Howdy Above Top Secretions!

Proteins.
From your fingernails, to Bacon, to DNA we love and depend on them.
In recent years breakthroughs in science, molecular imaging, and 3d animation have made it possible for accurate animation of protein and enzymatic reactions and movements to be created.
Truly a sight to behold.

Without Further Ado.

Kinesin Pulling A vesicle along a microtubule.

A model has been constructed for the interaction of RuvA with its DNA target using a simple model of a Holliday junction in which the double-stranded B-DNA arms are held in a square-planar arrangement. The protein and junction have been docked manually maintaining colinearity of their respective fourfold axes. A good fit of the DNA onto the protein as judged by complementarity of their surface shapes and charges was observed when the axes of the DNA helical arms lay along the grooves in the concave surface of the protein. The pairs of parent and daughter duplexes are on opposite sides of the central pin which is positioned such that the strands of the incoming duplex DNA are encouraged to separate. The strands are then channelled into orthogonal grooves in the protein surface where they anneal with base pairs from the other incoming parent DNA duplex to form the outgoing daughter duplexes.

RNA Polymerase in action

DNA Transcription

Cell membrane lipid bilayer animation

edit on 13-12-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Facinating! Nice find Dash! Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This just further proves my theory I had as a child that when you defecate, it's just a bunch of little micro-beings in your bowels pushing a turd out, or unplugging a drain and letting the urine flow.

Thanks for the Christmas gifs!
edit on 13/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Thanks Ghost... now.... back to dinner.. cough cough. ...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
This just further proves my theory I had as a child that when you defecate, it's just a bunch of little micro-beings in your bowels pushing a turd out, or unplugging a drain and letting the urine flow.
gifs!

these guys?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I like the little walking things. If these things are really walking and hauling things, there is more link than just the chemical signatures. Something makes them decide to move and signals the action, the chemicals actually cause the actions but something is still controlling them. We have electrical frequencies flowing through our bodies connecting everything together. Nerves are just a small part of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen
That's amazing!
How do those little things do that?

I get the feeling that there is more that we don't know than that which we do.
What is the driving force behind negative entropy and what is the nature of our connection to this force?
Here is a link to more from the 3-D Animation Library.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Its molecular clock work.
It all works on pressure and tension and chemical receptors and reactions

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Incredible these cellular machineries...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is most interesting thing I've seen in quite some time. Wow wow wow!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I like the lil walky protein. Just look at him go.
And all this teeny tiny movement is going on all across the human body all the time

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: angeldoll

I like the lil walky protein. Just look at him go.
And all this teeny tiny movement is going on all across the human body all the time

I know! It's alive! lol! So awesome.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What a wonderful thread! Really so much more interesting than our usual fare. : )

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
profound and fascinating. especially the little walking guys. and DNA duplexer.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
another bit to add

edit on 14-12-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like the little walking things. If these things are really walking and hauling things, there is more link than just the chemical signatures. Something makes them decide to move and signals the action, the chemicals actually cause the actions but something is still controlling them. We have electrical frequencies flowing through our bodies connecting everything together. Nerves are just a small part of it.

Ok, these are computer generated images to help students visualize cell processes. These interactions are *entirely* chemical and we even know exactly how they work. Yes, electricity is involved, but we know where the electron comes from. Have for decades. Search ATP on google. This is the problem with attempting to explain advanced concepts in a few minutes through analogy or simplification... it leads to only misunderstanding of the material.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino
That's amazing!
How do those little things do that?

I get the feeling that there is more that we don't know than that which we do.
What is the driving force behind negative entropy and what is the nature of our connection to this force?
Here is a link to more from the 3-D Animation Library.

We know exactly how every process shown works.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Same idea when I was a kid! Pretty convinced I had the Doozers from Fraggle Rock in my system

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

I study cellular functions almost every day, I have been doing that for many years. I actually have researched deep into how ATP works and which genes and metabolic processes can get messed up and interfere with the processes. I have also read articles addressing new information on cellular communication being retransmitted electrically from cell to cell that moderates activity between cells, it is not all chemical. Twenty years ago they were guessing at this stuff, there was no actual way to test it and the understanding of science in this field has improved dramatically in that time. Some of the stuff from twenty years ago was good, but much of it had major flaws to it. The human body is a million more complicated than people think, even now they mess up with interpretting the research.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Its molecular clock work.
It all works on pressure and tension and chemical receptors and reactions

To me this appears to be a gross over-simplification almost to the point of being incorrect. I am not trying to disagree with you just pointing out the part of ‘how’ all this actually works as a big unknown. Scientific knowledge is replete with such examples.

originally posted by: dr1234
We know exactly how every process shown works.

Are you sure? I think we could say that we know what is happening, for the most part, and can predict what will happen, to a fair degree, yet to make the claim that we know “how” all of this happens seems like a giant leap.

The entropic nature of energy is said to be universally homogeneous except when it comes to life. Self-organization and/or negative entropy appears to defy this law of thermodynamics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join