It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Columbian Smugglers Hid Heroin in Puppies Bellies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Following a tip off, Columbian police found bags of liquid heroin concealed in the bellies of living puppies. The six puppies were found to have scars on their abdomens and a ultrasound revealed bags inside. Customs officials believed that the traffickers intended to use the dogs to get through customs and then retrieve the drugs.

story.news.yahoo.com
BOGOTA, Colombia (Reuters) - Colombian drug traffickers surgically hid heroin in puppies' bellies in a plan to evade international customs controls, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police found six puppies with scars on their abdomens at a rural property near the city of Medellin in northern Colombia, the Colombian Police said in a news release.

Ultrasound scans revealed bags of liquid heroin hidden inside the living animals. Police said traffickers planned to retrieve the drug once the dogs had passed customs abroad.

"The lust for money leads criminals to commit acts of great cruelty," the police said.

The puppies were recovering after the heroin was removed by veterinarians.

Using animals for smuggling is unusual although drug smugglers often rely on couriers to swallow condoms full of drugs and one Colombian woman was once found with coc aine surgically implanted in her buttocks.

Colombia is the world's largest producer of coc aine and the main supplier of heroin to the United States.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow, this is a new low for the traffickers. One has to wonder if they can stoop any lower, What next, take a kidney out of a toddler and replace the cavity with drugs? These animals need to be hunted down and exterminated. We also need to reduce demand in this country as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Can somebody with image enhancement software blow up the labels or stamps that mark those bags? I have nothing of the sort (on a borrowed computer). If somebody could take a few minutes and just enhance the labels, it might prove interesting. Any takers?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I do not have that capacity, but Kinllizard or MacKiller might. The bags for what its worth look medical in origin, like something they fill with IV fluids and the like.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
That's the style yeah, but you can also get that type of bag for packing water. I'm curious though, as to the printing on the bags. It could be something generic like an old saline bag, or it could have been stamped for the benefit of the receiver, a code or a symbol might be telling as to the bags owners. My curiosity arose because it looks like they wrote the number 3 on the bag in the front left foreground with red marker, but since it was turned on its side, I initially perceived it as an M. There looks to be small white print up and down the front of the bags, although some of that could be wrinkles in the plastic or some such thing. I'd just like to take a closer look.

But anyway, I may just come back and grab the photo and do it myself whenever I get back on my machine.

On a seperate note, this reminds me of those guys who smuggled heroin in boa constrictors. Some people will do anything to fuel the illegal drug market. Not that you can really blame them, we bring capitalism and democracy to other countries, and get upset when individuals try to make money by any means to survive. Simple logic goes that if you must have money to survive, you must do everything in your power to get at least enough money to survive. This breeds all kinds of sickness, violence, and terror. I would argue this fact alone could be used to label the Hijacked American Government a terrorist organization, there's sufficient evidence for trial going back at least to JFK.

I digress, but I think in all fairness, the idea of transporting narcotics in animals is an evolution in thinking on the part of the smugglers. It might indicate they are using fewer human mules, and perhaps endangering fewer couriers. That's a silver lining, sort of. Of course that's probably not the case. This probably indicates that the rise in animal smuggling is just a way to get around any increased governmental pressure, and that just as many human mules are attempting delivery. The whole problem would be non-existent if powerful governments would adopt responsible legislation, and stop getting rid of their records so that they could be held accountable when they leave ofice.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There is a special kind of hell reserved for the monsters who did this.....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There is a special kind of hell reserved for the monsters who did this.....

Yeah, I have to agree with your there/ I wonder how many other people and animals have acted in this manner. The article taks about a woman who had the drugs implanted in her butt. No doubt a Vet was not going to be used to get the drugs on ther recieving end of this operation either.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
WyrdOne I'll giv it a try but I cannot promis any good results. I will let you know my findings tommorrow.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
WyrdOne,I'll give it a try but I cannot promise any good results. I will let you know my findings tommorrow. Best I can do/ I'll run it through some photo editing sft.ware in the am on the 7 H would be interested in it myself!

top topics

join