It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Think Your Christmas Bonu$ Sucked...It Probably Did!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
My company is awesome. Below is what they gave out to us for Christmas:

Yup.... nobody has got a bonus for the last 2 years at my place either.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I've been thinking about jumping but there's not much in lloydminster right now. I've been also thinking of going back to school but at 47 I don't know

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

47 is NOT too old!
Think about it this way...you have got at least 20 + more years of working left...if you've saved, 401K, IRA, all that jazz...
Spend a year or two on school and then maybe you can find something not only that you like but, pays better with better benefits...
Listen to me talk...LOL!

Follow your heart and maybe your dreams will follow...
^ Gushy, I know!

Good luck!

edit on 12-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Keep your eye on Saskatchewan if the work dries up too much in Alberta. You're close to there.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

If the patch ever starts to boom again, you need a new boss.

My husband hasn't got his bonus yet this year, but it's usually between $500 and $1000, along with $500 in prepaid gas cards.
Not so sure about next year, companies here in Alberta related in any way to oil or gas are expecting a really bad year coming up.

I've worked in the Oilsands for 20 years. Last one was Conoco at Surmont 2. Done Kearl, CNRL, Suncor, Sync ect you name it. Never have I ever received a bonus. It is a custom to lay everyone off before Christmas and to re hire after.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My husband gets two movie tickets and a chocolate bar every year.
We don't ever have a babysitter, so I think he has eight or ten tickets in his wallet now. They aren't even to the theatre that plays kid movies. He always gives me the chocolate, so I suppose that's my bonus.

When I had my own cleaning business I actually did better than him. I would bring home hams, cash and other goodies.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

47 is NOT too old!
Think about it this way...you have got at least 20 + more years of working left...if you've saved, 401K, IRA, all that jazz...
Spend a year or two on school and then maybe you can find something not only that you like but, pays better with better benefits...
Listen to me talk...LOL!

Follow your heart and maybe your dreams will follow...
^ Gushy, I know!

Good luck!

No 401k In Canada. Our wise Liberal leader just cut our TFSA down by $4500 making it harder for people like me who doesn't have a government pension to retire.

Fort Hills will be the last plant built for 20 years. Buckle down folks, going to be a bumpy ride.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I really shouldn't be complaining so much many of the people I know have been unemployed for months now, at least I have a job
with the wife's disability check we have been getting by unlike some folks.

I've distributed half of my freezer of meat to people that are having a hard time buying groceries, just thinking complaining about no bonus seems a bit low.
I would like to apologize to those here that are in a more dire situation and offer if your in my area of lloydminster Alberta any assistance I can give

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Greedy basturds
This year if there's a rehiring, it'll likely be at a lower wage too.
My husband drives for a small company, that works for a large one. In April (contract time) is when we get the word on how much rates are going down.

a reply to: Kargun

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have never recieved a Christmas bonus in my life. I have worked all level of employmet from the bottom to the top....not a single Christmas bonus.

So it stands to reason that my expectations are low. For the most part, im usually just happy to have a place to work.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
XD I got twenty-five dollars in cash. I don't know how they involved that with my paystub but it was in my pay envelope so I guess... Woohoo?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I have 17 employees and we give each of them 2 weeks pay as a bonus, so it varies. We also treat them and their spouses and children to a Holiday dinner every year at a very nice restaurant, including bar and dessert. We extend a "+guest" invitation to our single employees.

We do get reciprical gifts back from them. Usually home baked goodies or gift certificates, which we truly appreciate.

They get paid Christmas Eve, Christmas Day as well as New Years Eve and New Years day off also.

I have a close work 'family'. We respect and appreciate each other. I am very lucky.

edit on 12-12-2015 by NewzNose because: added content

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What's this "Christmas bonus" thing?

I've never seen or heard of one before?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Here we get 20k bonus' in mid February,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>