It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi’s son kidnapped in Lebanon – security forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The son of late Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi, has been kidnapped in Lebanese capital of Beirut, AFP reports, citing security sources.
According to reports on Twitter, Hannibal Gaddafi was seized by members of the Lebanese Amal Movement.

Hannibal, 40, is the fifth son of Colonel Gaddafi and his second wife, Safia Farkash.

Gaddafi’s son kidnapped in Lebanon – security forces

Well this is interesting. Not much detail at the moment. I wonder what kind of ties to power his family still has/had.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Apparently they've already put a video out of him after the kidnapping, according to the Telegraph. No details on what the video is, nor a link yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Theres a 30 sec video down the page in the OPs link. a reply to: Shamrock6

edit on 11/12/15 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
For a second there I read " the Lebanese anal movement " lol!
I wonder whats the agenda here.. Money?
edit on 11-12-2015 by Belgianbloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbloke
For a second there I read " the Lebanese anal movement lol "!
I wonder whats the agenda here.. Money?

That or revenge, who knows. I would only expect Gaddafi to have hidden much of his fortune and his direct relatives would likely know where.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Theres a 30 sec video down the page in the OPs link. a reply to: Shamrock6

That must have been added, wasn't there before. Looks like a broken nose and 2 black eyes. He must know or have something. Who knows what that may be.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I would bet it is either for a ransom/diplomatic bargaining, or out of revenge for Gaddafi's leadership years ago

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It's being reported that he has now been released.
twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's being reported that he has now been released.
twitter.com...

Huh, well I guess that was much ado about nothing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They never should have killed his father
Lybia now is a mess and as gaddafi said Europe will be flooded with imigrants, and he was right..

Maybe his son can make something of Lybia. ..

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So it seems they were trying to get information from him about the incident in 1978 link

Lebanon's National News Agency said Hannibal Gaddafi's kidnappers had demanded "information on Mussa Sadr", adding that he was seized in Bekaa, an eastern stronghold of Lebanese Shiite movement Hezbollah.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
So it seems they were trying to get information from him about the incident in 1978 link

Lebanon's National News Agency said Hannibal Gaddafi's kidnappers had demanded "information on Mussa Sadr", adding that he was seized in Bekaa, an eastern stronghold of Lebanese Shiite movement Hezbollah.

Gaddafi's son also ran a large portion of the national "investment" fund after Libya established itself on the global stage with their oil reserves.

This man as the ruler's son had serious connections and probably has serious money hidden away in banks.

They can say they captured him for whatever reason, but never discount greed as a motive.

-FBB

//edit
Hannibal Gaddafi

Gaddafi was the first consultant to the Management Committee of the General National Maritime Transport Company (GNMTC) of Libya.[2] He was appointed to this position in 2007, upon earning his MBA degree in Shipping Economics and Logistics from Copenhagen Business School.[3]

General National Maritime Transport Company

General National Maritime Transport Company, more commonly known as GNMTC, is a Libyan State Owned Company which was founded in 1975, with a total capital of 1.2 billion Libyan dinars. GNMTC is based in Tripoli, Libya, with subsidiaries in Malta and Hong Kong.

GNMTC trades world-wide through its present fleet of various types of vessels which includes Crude Oil Carriers, Product and Chemical Carriers, and LPG Carriers.

edit on 11-12-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Yea I found 32 billion reasons they might have done it

Link

GADDAFI NET WORTH IS 32 BILLION DOLLARS. JUNIOR SPENT $2 MILLION IN ONE DAY ON SUPERSTAR BEYONCÉ

edit on 12-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join