It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, Terrorism, and Ethics in the Modern Age

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Fair enough, but try this one on for size. Go back through history and look at how even -more- barbaric the European people were before they adopted Christianity, and yet Hitler still managed to pop up. Who's to say that someone worse wouldn't have come along and done even worse, even before Hitler, if MORALITY was never taught to the masses?

They were mainly pagans in Europe pre Christianity. They weren't all barbarians at all. But worshiped sun, moon etc. Living in harmony with nature.
They didn't choose to adopt Christianity. They were forced into it. Even killed for not adopting it.
The European Christians made their way from Spain to south America. They met with the leader of the Myans. They gave the leader a bible. He gave it back. They used that as an excuse to wipe out an entire race of people by justifying it as not accepting Christianity. Then stole all their gold. How very Christian of then.
Back to Europe. Middle ages. No education was allowed. If one was to try and educate oneself. You were a witch. And killed for that. How Christian of them.
Even Leonardo da Vinci had to write his stuff in riddles in order not to be classed as a witch and put to death. By Christians.
Pre christian Europe had great philosophers. Plato, Socrates etc. Without the Christian ban on education, Maybe we'd be living a much better life now. Far more advanced than we are now.

Would it seem sensible to say that if I weren't a Christian, I'd totally be down for killing, stealing, lying, and raping? Yup, sure would.
Why. Everyone has a sense of right and wrong. You know damned well if what your doing is right or wrong. Without having to be a Christian.
A rapist will be a rapist weather he's a Christian or not. But would know its a wrong act by the reaction of the person he's raping.

my faith. Do you have any? No?
I have told you my religion. I have faith in that. Just not yours.

He would've grown up as a Christian had he not gotten molested as an altar boy.
By whom? You have not said. But seeing as he was an alter boy. I am left to conclude it was by his Priest. Tell if i'm wrong on that. But if it was. Then Christianity didn't teach the Priest anything.

Christianity is evil. So is Judaism and Islam. All a form of terrorism. To scare its followers and make them toe the line.
Religion is in decline. Terrorism is the new religion.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackcrowe
They were mainly pagans in Europe pre Christianity. They weren't all barbarians at all. But worshiped sun, moon etc. Living in harmony with nature.
They didn't choose to adopt Christianity. They were forced into it. Even killed for not adopting it.
The European Christians made their way from Spain to south America. They met with the leader of the Myans. They gave the leader a bible. He gave it back. They used that as an excuse to wipe out an entire race of people by justifying it as not accepting Christianity. Then stole all their gold. How very Christian of then.
Back to Europe. Middle ages. No education was allowed. If one was to try and educate oneself. You were a witch. And killed for that. How Christian of them.
Even Leonardo da Vinci had to write his stuff in riddles in order not to be classed as a witch and put to death. By Christians.
Pre christian Europe had great philosophers. Plato, Socrates etc. Without the Christian ban on education, Maybe we'd be living a much better life now. Far more advanced than we are now.

You're talking about a dark age of history. People were vying for more and more power at the time and used it to their advantage in an evil way, just lke they would have done if it wouldve been another fairy tale religion.

The pagans in Europe performed human sacrifices. THEN the converted european pagans used Christianity to fight the MUSLIM INVASION OF EUROPE FROM BOTH SIDES, remember that? And they fought off the Mongols? I think it got to their heads just a tad bit. There's nothing about human sacrificing in Christianity except for the savior. Islam actually tells you in their book to fight, steal, and kill.

Before Christianity, which the PAGAN CONVERTS OF ROME brought into Europe (eventually), Europe wasn't # except a bunch of warring primitive tribes. Werent the Visigoths and Vandals attacking Rome? So these guys would've just became geniuses of peace and nature eventually right?

ALL OF A SUDDEN, THEY HAD KNOWLEDGE AND CIVILIZATION! WOW, who wouldve thought? Christianity helped Europe move forward into the next age of civilization, then it eventually was used for evil BY EVIL MEN. The religion itself is not evil. I still think you are incorrect sir.

But yes, it did hold back some advancements that may have never been made had the religion been taken to the continent by the Roman Christians anyways.

I might be wrong on some things, but one thing that is true is that the Islamic Jihad on Europe would've been successful had it not been for the Christianity to unite the people to fight them off. So really, if it wasn't for Jesus, all of Europe would be a frikkin' Caliphate.

MERRY CHRISTMAS by the way. The Christmas tree was a Pagan practice and I can prove that at the least. Since my so-called savior never even existed, I hope some of you work for companies that make more sales around this time of the year so you can make money off of him.
edit on 12/12/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

And merry Christmas to you.
I hope you have a rocking good time.
I'm done on this subject now.
But here's my gift to you.
Enjoy.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Slow down there cowboy. How do you explain that one? Lol. There's historical records of Jesus death in the Catholic Church.

Ermm.....hmmmmnnn....nope! Nope, there are not.

There are no contemporary/contemporaneous (written AT THE TIME) primary sources that have not been debunked or proven to be fraudulent. If anything they are psuedographic

Nope!

The Bible exists, yes. There are gospels (both included and found later in Nag Hammadi), but NO SCRAP of writing dates to the time of Jesus's recorded life. None.
Zilch.
Wiki source to start you off....check all references. Learn.

Pseudepigrapha (also Anglicized as "pseudepigraph" or "pseudepigraphs")

are falsely attributed works, texts whose claimed author is not the true author, or a work whose real author attributed it to a figure of the past.[1] The word pseudepigrapha (from the Greek: ψευδής, pseudes, "false" and ἐπιγραφή, epigraphē, "name" or "inscription" or "ascription"; thus when taken together it means "false superscription or title";[2] see the related epigraphy) is the plural of "pseudepigraphon" (sometimes Latinized as "pseudepigraphum").

Pseudepigraphy covers the false ascription of names of authors to works, even to authentic works that make no such claim within their text. Thus a widely accepted but incorrect attribution of authorship may make a completely authentic text pseudepigraphical. Assessing the actual writer of a text locates questions of pseudepigraphical attribution within the discipline of literary criticism.

You paying attention?

Keep going:

In Old Testament biblical studies, the term Pseudepigrapha typically refers to an assorted collection of Jewish religious works thought to be written c 300 BC to 300 AD. They are distinguished by Protestants from the Deuterocanonical (Catholic and Orthodox) or Apocrypha (Protestant), the books that appear in extant copies of the Septuagint from the fourth century on,[3] and the Vulgate but not in the Hebrew Bible or in Protestant Bibles.[4]

Catholics distinguish only between the deuterocanonical and all the other books, that are called biblical Apocrypha, a name that is also used for the pseudepigrapha in the Catholic usage. In addition, two books considered canonical in the Tewahedo churches, viz. 1 Enoch and Jubilees, are categorized as "pseudepigrapha" from the point of view of the Chalcedonian churches.

Welcome to ATS.

(And it's "ma'am", if you please.....or at least 'cowgirl'.)

edit on 12/12/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Then I had a deep, vivid dream. I was at a Christmas party and a few guys followed me into the backroom where people go to hang out at such events, and their faces morphed into demonic like faces. They threw needles at me but I caught them with my bare hands and threw them back then darted past. They followed and I jumped off of the balcony. Then I started gliding through the air and landed perhaps one hundred feet away on my feet gracefully, then I ran off with superhuman-like speed. Don't tell me to lay off of the drugs because as I've said, I'm sober. I go check my video comments and some guy with no subscribers or videos is calling me a racist.

Just now read this part of your post (haven't gone past it, yet).....

sounds to me like The Matrix scenario.

Do you watch a lot of movies like that? VERY easy, and common, to place yourself in a similar situation while dreaming. And, for what it's worth - I think dreams ARE TRULY an alternate reality - a parallel dimension (or more than one) - that our spirits visit while our bodies rest.....

sleep and dreaming is one of the greatest joys of my life.

Yeah - now finished your post. AGAIN, Welcome to ATS......
enjoy your newfound clarity, and don't forget to take in ALL IDEAS......and counterpoints.

(hint: The Bible is not 'true').

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You can say Jesus never existed because there's only mostly heresay even though we had halfway intelligent historians recording events at the time.

"Halfway intelligent"?????

Have you read Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, etc.? They were sophisticated thinkers, and they wrote down PLENTY.
The Greek tragedies were profound, Shakespeare-level plays.....and in the Greek culture gods and goddesses were very, very well developed myths.....

not any different from modern "Christianity." All ancient myths, borrowed from way, way before Jesus existed.

Sumeria.
Mesopotamia.
Egypt.
China.
India.

Nothing new.

It would benefit you a great deal to take a course on Western Civilization (Western Civ), which was REQUIRED for ALL college freshman back in the 70s. THAT'S why the Baby Boomers (like myself) understand this stuff. We've been adulting. Oh, wait, I mean - educated.

ANYhoo - gave you your first star and flag for the thread.
Keep searching.....!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join