It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, Terrorism, and Ethics in the Modern Age

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I created a video explaining my beliefs on the current situation occurring in the world and I would like your thoughts on it. If you disagree, please be nice and post your disrespectful or angry comments here as opposed to bombing my video with thumbs down and negative comments. Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy.

edit on 12/11/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

edit on 11-12-2015 by intrptr because: removed embed

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks! I havent been on in a while, I just figured it out on my own though.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Freedom will only be available through death? Hmm.
God wants you to go to war!

(I've been studying this situation for some time now)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I think we need to put more emphasis on the sex and drugs aspect of your rodomontade.

Throw in some Rox and Roll and and it could be a continuation of the "Peace and Love" style of Religion that was quashed by the Big 3.3.3

problem solved...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Were you insinuating I was on drugs because I am sober as a bullet my brother. I'm also abstinent: It's a great spiritual practice. That's where my peace and love comes from. How about you?

Also, money and power are fueled by sex and drugs. For example: Selling oil, enslaving and selling women, making money off of it, hmm..

You'd think more feminists would be sticking up for the cause considering they don't like being dominated, right? Lol

Sorry, I just got over pneumonia without a single medication. My fever got pretty high so now I'm something like J.R.R. Tolkien.

The shame is that we can't all leave in peace and harmony because we are all dominated by the senses for better or worse. It's just that some are worse than others, and they all try to dominate each other for the power which is made up of money, sex, and drugs.

Influence is just a way to achieve those said goals for most people. They do it subconciously even. In my case, I am in a pretty unique position lately of helping my needy family while also having no money, power, sex, or drugs. So it gave me this new perspective as I was recovering from my illness.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Were you insinuating I was on drugs because I am sober as a bullet my brother. I'm also abstinent: It's a great spiritual practice. That's where my peace and love comes from. How about you?

No insinuations....

I seek my solace in total Hedonism. Escape from the total madness that has enveloped the species.

If there is a mystical battle between good and evil...put me on the "good" team but we seem to be getting our asses kicked.

Nihilism looks more attractive every passing day....that's probably a contradiction in terms....
edit on 11-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If you have the proper self control level, that's fine and respectable. I too once was a Hedonist.

But now I'm starting to see that the Hedonism is slowly poisoning the world, and there should be a counter-balance to it so that the ones who cannot control themselves don't end up dominating the world and murdering each other over it. Make sense?

Kind of like a Taoist Yin and Yang, or two sides of a perfectly round coin. The Earth is round and made of mostly water.

Hot and cold water rotate into circles and cause environmental effects.

I guess if human life has no true value; that's fine and dandy.

(just my personal opinion)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Herein lies my Taoist water trick. That is not a waste disposal, it's an accidental discovery that I made while enjoying washing the dishes. The hot water in the sink versus the cold water in the round pot whilst draining through the hole will cause crazy vibrations.

Clearly I am a nutter! Alright, I think I just went a little too hard. It's not off topic though. This is what happens when opposing forces collide.

I'm not perfect either. You see me smoking a cigarette in the video. How could I say everything I said while smoking a cigarette? Addictions are a bitch and they rule the world eh? Well, if I were to quit smoking cigarettes also, never had sex again for the rest of my life, and enjoyed everything good in life, would it make me a person that should be taken out of the game due to the others seeking that which they want? So now you're starting to understand my words. The situation is haywire.

There will be no end in sight until the return of the imaginary messiah, or until a new teaching graces the land. The people unfortunately will not be able to handle it unless it came from the divine.

It's the same cycle that has been playing out since the beginning of the universe.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

By the way, you say my talk is inflated and yet you partake in Hedonism. How about an inflatable blow up doll? I bet those are fun. Someone could sell it to you because you'd want it so badly. Led by the wrong head.

I guess we'll see eventually, or perhaps after we have passed away. The cycle of pleasure will reach a point of distraction that will make people inept if they don't kill each other over it in droves first like they've done in every other major war in history.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If there really is a God.
Why did he let up to 6 million of his chosen people die at the hands of the Nazis?
Billions of people preyed to a God to end ww2. He didn't.
It took a combined effort and the Russians storming Berlin to end it.
How many prayers does it take for this God to answer and act?
Don't tell me it's all peoples fault and God won't intervene. He protected his people when Moses led them through the desert for 40 years. Supposedly.
Jesus does seem to have been a real person. Well documented. But was he the son of God?
Other religions mention him. As a prophet. And a pain in the arse.
Christians are waiting for the second coming. They'll be waiting forever. Jesus told his followers that he would return within their lifetime. That was 2000 years ago.
The son of God was to be called Emmanuel. Jesus was not and is not called Emmanuel.
The 10 commandments are a decent set of laws though.
If you change the word heaven to the sky, of the sky, in the sky. The bible starts to read more like an alien invasion/abduction story.
Many millions of people have died in the name of Christianity.
1000 years of keeping people from learning. How far advanced would we be now if it wasn't for Christianity?
Christianity doesn't seem to be very Christian in practice.
Just a few thoughts for you.
I prefer Buddhism myself. And its very simple when you break it down. All you really need to do is. Do the right thing. Although, harder in practice.

r0xr
SOAD. Good choice. The Prison Song is also very informative about how drug money is used to fund illegal wars around the world. Very thought provoking.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe

I am a Deistic Evolutionist. God created the universe. Well first of all, God as you know him does not exist. A man cannot fathom God in the true sense just like an ant cannot fathom a man. The little one's intellect is nothing compared to the big one. It was meant to be that way to prevent what people are finally starting to figure out and act upon in greater numbers as they've done before in circular cycles of death. The spin cycle would theoretically reach a point of no return after enough time has passed because there'd be no stopping the forces involved.

By the way, Maynard James Keenan was an opiate addict. I wonder where he got the idea for that song.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Watched your vid.

The main thoughts I have are: do you actually believe in "the devil"?

And....

I understand your confusion about the Trinity.

It's pretty clear that Mohammed actually lived. Not so much for Jesus....but I think Jesus' message was far superior.

Religion in general needs to go, though.
A Deist Evolutionist is a fine stance, IMO - I'm like that, too, but I remain agnostic.
I do not believe in "the devil."
I think the Trinity is a confabulation.
Jesus may well have lived, and had the same message as Buddha and many others.....
Mohammed's message is, IMO, corrupt.

JUST MY THOUGHTS. I will add that I believe the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful people.

But - WAR IS HORRIBLE.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

I am a Deistic Evolutionist. God created the universe. Well first of all, God as you know him does not exist. A man cannot fathom God in the true sense just like an ant cannot fathom a man. The little one's intellect is nothing compared to the big one. It was meant to be that way to prevent what people are finally starting to figure out and act upon in greater numbers as they've done before in circular cycles of death. The spin cycle would theoretically reach a point of no return after enough time has passed because there'd be no stopping the forces involved.

By the way, Maynard James Keenan was an opiate addict. I wonder where he got the idea for that song.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the God topic.
But i agree with your music choice,
Thank you.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Fair enough. I respect all of your opinions. Here's a coincidental line up for you though.

I didn't mention in my video that I have more black friends than white friends these days. So anyways, before I went to sleep I had two different cam girls try to get me to friend them on facebook, so I obliged. They wanted my money as usual, so I declined. One had a tattoo of a pentagram on her finger. So I actually get her to talk about her problems for a while then I went to sleep.

Then I had a deep, vivid dream. I was at a Christmas party and a few guys followed me into the backroom where people go to hang out at such events, and their faces morphed into demonic like faces. They threw needles at me but I caught them with my bare hands and threw them back then darted past. They followed and I jumped off of the balcony. Then I started gliding through the air and landed perhaps one hundred feet away on my feet gracefully, then I ran off with superhuman-like speed. Don't tell me to lay off of the drugs because as I've said, I'm sober. I go check my video comments and some guy with no subscribers or videos is calling me a racist.

So anyways, I log onto facebook and wouldn't you know it, a black friend of mine had a sleep paralysis event today at the same time where he felt like he was being choked. Coincidence? I think not. You be the judge.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

That's a strange dream for sure.

Don't tell me to lay off of the drugs because as I've said, I'm sober. I go check my video comments and some guy with no subscribers or videos is calling me a racist.

Wasn't me. I have no interest in your colour.
As for the drugs bit. Again. Wasn't me. I have nothing against drugs. Most drugs are derived from plants. Your God gave the seeds of every plant to be used. They have their uses.
And as i said. I prefer Buddhism. But, on a more controversial note. Believe Buddha was a user of hallucinogenic substances. That's just my own opinion of course.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sorry to be off topic, but what did you say about being in an Illuminati click?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
It's pretty clear that Mohammed actually lived. Not so much for Jesus....but I think Jesus' message was far superior.

Slow down there cowboy. How do you explain that one? Lol. There's historical records of Jesus death in the Catholic Church. So they're all liars but the Muslims are actually following a real man?

So, did Muhammad really ascend to Heaven on a Unicorn and all that Jazz?

Here's what I'd think as a minimalist. There was an ounce of truth in both stories, The New Testmant and the Quran, but a lot of it may have been fabricated fairy tales made by believers of the supernatural at the time. What about the Apostles, don't they have supposed relics from them such as their supposed bones etc? Did the first Caliphs bones get kept? Is there a place where they are displayed?

Where are the relics of Muhammad? Any shred of physical proof? Not even provable proof, but subjective evidence even in the slightest? And why did the Romans kill the early Christians in droves, and why did they believe in their cause THAT much? There's subjective evidence the early Christian saints existed, even bones and such. Then you have the historical account of Josephus, which many try to say isn't true, yet almost everything else he wrote has been proven to some level to be historically accurate. You guys are pretty twisted.

Could it have been Jesus was just a guy that was teaching stuff the Jews didn't like? I thought even many of them say he existed but was just a normal man.

So let's cut the supernatural crap out of it and say Jesus was a normal human being with no special powers, and Muhammad was a normal human being with no special powers who claimed Jesus lived. How can you say one didn't exist and the other did? I'd love to see you explain this one because it doesn't sound right to me.

I could say neither one of them actually went to Heaven and Heaven doesn't exist, but that they both walked the Earth and died here. That's not my personal opinion, but I'm playing Devil's Advocate here.

Do I think Satan is real? Unfortunately, yes, but the concept of traditional Hell and Heaven as they are know may not exist. Maybe Heaven is dying as a good man with a clear conscience so your *three letter word* experience upon death is a good trip. Maybe if you died with a bad conscience for things you did, your *three letter word* experience upon death is a bad trip. It could theoretically be that simple. What of all the near death experiences? Obviously people "trip" near death, and there IS proof *three letter word* is released in the brain at the time of death. Fair enough?

Oh wait, one thing I DO KNOW didn't exist were the Greek Gods and the Pagan Gods. Now that stuff is a bunch of true fairy tale mumbo jumbo from way before we could record history in a reasonable way. These two men were around at a time when history was recorded in a more lelgitimate way.

Did the Jews and Arabs pre-Jesus actually sacrifice to idols? Where'd they get those crazy ideas from? Sounds like theres a heck of a lot crazier notions than Jesus never existing. I firmly believe he did, as did Muhammad.
edit on 12/12/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It was just an old joke between me and some old youtube friends.

This is becoming a very strange thread, lol.

To the deniers: I have a question for you. Why are the laws of Physics so perfect, all through the vast universe, all the way down through the microcosm to Earth? I suppose something that never existed just exploded one day and PERFECT HARMONY OF ALL FORCES AND MATTER JUST MAGICALLY CAME TOGETHER LIKE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY.

Yeah... right.

You can say Jesus never existed because there's only mostly heresay even though we had halfway intelligent historians recording events at the time.

I can say the Big Bang was caused by something that might be known as "God" even if it is an unexplainable force. I don't think there were any humans around to witness it and record why it happened or how it happened. Exactly. You're on the losing side of the argument.

Oh yeah, the intricate patterns in the universe and in nature down to the microscopic level of exactness and beauty is all just a fluke anomaly. I'm sorry but I doubt that. The science of it is true, but that doesn't explain how it came to be or why.

For such a deep thread, even if it seems silly to some, it's ironic that there isn't a single flag on it. It must be a conspiracy.

Or maybe you just don't like my angles of thought.

I've got one more: Did the Roman Empire exist? Do you believe their historical records? I could've SWORE Pontius Pilate actually existed, Rome actually occupied Judaea, and that there is historical record of a rebellion against them that was formenting for some time. And yet, Jesus was never even there right? Even if he was a fake right? Hmm.. I'm getting the feeling that at the least, I have more subjective evidence that Jesus existed versus you having subjective evidence that he didn't.

I'm just uh.. denying ignorance, because that sounds pretty darn ignorant.

Would anyone actually like a real debate? Lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackcrowe
Many millions of people have died in the name of Christianity.
1000 years of keeping people from learning. How far advanced would we be now if it wasn't for Christianity?
Christianity doesn't seem to be very Christian in practice.

Fair enough, but try this one on for size. Go back through history and look at how even -more- barbaric the European people were before they adopted Christianity, and yet Hitler still managed to pop up. Who's to say that someone worse wouldn't have come along and done even worse, even before Hitler, if MORALITY was never taught to the masses?

Advancement? Yeah, right, there would've been little to no love or respect for your fellow man whatsoever had Christianity never existed. UNLESS.. some other guy came along and taught some common sense to barbarians.

Would it seem sensible to say that if I weren't a Christian, I'd totally be down for killing, stealing, lying, and raping? Yup, sure would. Why? Because going back to the beginning: money, power, sex, and drugs. The only thing that stops me from wanting those to the greatest extent possible is my faith. Do you have any? No? Well.. Did your parents at least? Atheism is a relatively new thing in history. Most Atheists' parents were religious in some way, and used those religious teachings to get their children to grow up actually caring about people. I should know, my stepfather is an ardent Atheist and we get along great. We're respectful to each other. Do you know why? His mom was a Christian, that's why.

He would've grown up as a Christian had he not gotten molested as an altar boy. Whoa nelly, thats messed up. But the man that did that to him was not a true Christian! Why is this so hard to understand? lol

*mic drop*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join