It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Game of the Year Award 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's that time of the year where various gaming websites are choosing their game of the year for 2015 so I thought it would be interesting to see what the fine gaming minds of ATS consider this years game of the year.

My Game of the year has to be The Withcher 3 - Wild Hunt , an absolute masterpiece crafted by a very special developer , CD Projekt Red.
Of all the open world games I've played in my years of gaming Wild Hunt has the most diverse , authentic and actually lived in feeling world I can remember , the fact it's stunning to look at adds to the feeling of place and the desire to just stand and admire a view or Sunset.

So what's yours and why ?

edit on 9-12-2015 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Total war arena, i am a huge fan of total war games, even if they come out with tons of bugs.

I love it cause i get to do quick and easy multi player games, i also like the tech tree similar to world of tanks.

Its only in alpha but dang im addicted to the game.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Mine is Alien isolation for best story and game play.
I love the alien series and this was the best alien game ive played.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've heard good things about the Witcher 3, and I even picked it up for my Xbox One. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to as soon as I finish Fallout 4.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Toss up between Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 for the PC obviously.

I also liked Drakes Uncharted compilation and Destiny The Taken King for PS4.
edit on 9-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

What do you think of Starwars Battlefront? I can't make up my mind.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hotline Miami 2, best story in the history of games

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I haven't played it but from what I've seen and read it seems a bit hit and miss , not really into online shooters so I doubt I'll try it.
Busy with Fallout at the moment but work keeps interrupting my time in the wasteland.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Have to say it's a pretty great game , actually worth the money. Only slight gripe I have is the faction choices. There's also some great mods out there to up the gfx.

As to SW it's pretty but truth be told the game mechanics are rather flawed or simplified.

Or possibly I'm just getting old.
edit on 9-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Pillars of Eternity.

Amazing story! Old school rpg fappage!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Witcher 3 was ok, but it's has nothing on Fallout 4!
Star Wars BF 3, I wouldn't waste my time on it EA has failed again.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

I second that! Fallout 4 is truly unbeleivable... although it took me 60+ mods, secondary shader programs and hours on end just to get it where it felt like fallout 3... it's still the best of the year.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
That sad moment when you go to throw in your two cents and realize you have not played any new games from 2015 because your still playing a PS3.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Witcher 3 for me. I've maybe, MAYBE, put about 100 hours of gaming into the last two years but bought Witcher 3 over the Black Friday weekend since it was half off and within 4 days I had put over 30 hours on it. It honestly bothered me how addicting and good the game was. I should also add that part of the reason I wanted to buy a game was because I was trying to quit smoking and needed something to occupy my time. I've now been nicotine free for 10 days.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Pillars of Eternity.

Pillars of Eternity for me too! I contributed towards the kickstarter and I'm proud to have helped bring such an amazing game out to the masses

Fallout 4 is pretty great though. I could never get into 1-3 or New Vegas, but I gave #4 a try and many many hours later... Yeah, I like it
Haha. Can't wait to play through it more thoroughly later on when the creation kit has been released.

(But yes. Pillars of Eternity! GOTY!)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Bloodborne. It a a near perfect game.
Amazingly solid gameplay and perfect control.
Could be considered dificult, but never cheap. Usually when you die you know why and have learned something.
Can't wait for dark souls 3 in April!
Dark Souls 3 Game of the year 2016!!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Okay.

But I'm warning you: the complexity of this post and any succeeding posts concerning this game only reflect the complexity and bad-assness of the game itself.

It's: Dwarf Fortress. And it will always be Dwarf Fortress. Forever.

Um, let's see.

It might be best consider as an RTS game. In it's native form it still uses ASCI graphics. Please don't underestimate the power of this on yer brains, as it allows them to do their job and take on the majority of the visualising, which rules in a way that those that have not played it cannot understand.

It has different modes: Fortress Mode, and Adventure Mode.

Here's how this game goes:

Spoiler2010.png This article contains massive spoilers. If you do not wish to have your game experience spoiled, do not scroll down!

You see, the Goblins are in cahoots with some unspeakable force from the depths of hell. Your job is to first master the brain-breaking learning curve necessitated to learn "Fortress Mode" so that you can provide adamantine armor and weapons so that you can then re-enter the game in "Adventure Mode", recover the weapons and armor, and then enter the Goblin Spires and enter Hell and defeat the unspeakable evil.

It's also a drinking game.

Geez, I think I just nailed it; but there ya go.

I might add more if I get myself in a fan-tizzy.

It is the game.

The controls emulate the vi editor.

God! it's AWESOME.

edit on 10-12-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I forgot I had Witcher 3 only played 20 mins lol.
Fallout 4 for me.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Gonna throw my vote out as Fallout 4. While the Witcher 3 was a brilliant game nothing comes close to Fallout in my eyes. It gave me exactly what I wanted... more time in the wasteland. Another game that deserves recognition in my eyes is Dying Light, wait now hear me out lol. There hasn't been a good first person parkour game since mirrors edge and Dying Light in my eyes done it better, it took all the good parts of Dead Island and made them better. That along with the open world and tons of content made it value for money. And don't get me started on when the sun went down and you were stuck away from a base....
edit on 10-12-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Fallout 4. About 90 hours of playing so far, and my only gripe is the removal of weapon and armor degradation. I have Witcher 3 on my Christmas wish list, so I'm definitely aware of its presence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join