It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tis the season...to pay it forward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

As the title states, its the season to pay it forward.
Although, I try to help out when I can and promote Random Acts of Kindness year round, the Holiday season is when a lot of people can use an extra hand.
I love helping people. I will always go out of my way to help someone when I come across a time of need.

In an effort to spread this mindset, I want to hear your pay it forward stories.

No, its not self gratification by telling us what you did to brighten up someone's day.
Its motivation for others who might not notice the opportunities to help turn this upside down world, back onto its feet, 1 good dead at a time.

Its all about the little things in life.

To start us off I will give 2 examples from my weekend:
On Friday night, my wife an I went to our local dollar store to grab some cheap Christmas decorations to put around the house.
There was a couple in front of us in line, with 1 loaf of bread. (Our dollar store carries bread) The teller told them the total came out to buck and change. The couple looked at each other and counted out 1 dollar in change. They didnt have enough to cover the tax.
I know 13 cents isnt a big deal, but to them it meant the difference between food or not.
They went to walk away, but i stopped them and said; "Hold on, i want to buy that for you." The guy looked shocked and said really?
I said ya, im going to buy that for you. So i got the teller to add their bread to my total.
The couple stood there for a second and thanked me repeatedly. I could see that my small gesture of offering a little over a dollar had an impact on them.

Sunday morning I was driving to the coffee shop with my wife and I seen an old woman struggling with a walker, trying to get the wheels over a curb.
She was standing on the side of the road, 1 leg in a cast fighting to get her walker to cooperate.
I pulled over and used my car to block us from the traffic. I walked up to her and said, here let me help you with that. She must have been in her late 70's if not older. She was very frail looking and the walker was just to heavy for her to lift.
She said oh my goodness! thank you so much, this road is in horrible condition and there's no ramp to get my walker on to the side walk.
I told her to hold my shoulder to balance herself and I lifted her walker on the side walk. Then i held her by her elbow and helped her up on as well. She said she was scared of being hit by a car and thanked me repeatedly for helping her.
I said merry Christmas and got back into my car.

One of the most gratifying feelings I ever had was standing in line at Walmart with my father last Christmas.
An older woman was in front of us, counting out change as the teller rang through the few purchases she had.
She had a few cans of soup and tuna, and in her hand was a christmas card.
As she got her total, I seen the look of disappointment on her face. She had less than $10 in change. Some how I just knew that she was trying to decide between being able to eat, and getting a loved one a christmas card.
She said to the teller, "I guess I cant afford to get this card than."
I went over to her and I said, I wasn't trying to listen to your conversation, but i over heard and i want to pay for your groceries and card.
She said to me Really? Her eyes teared up right there in line. She put her arms around me and said " Thank you so very much, I was worried I couldnt get my son a card. You are Christmas."

Honestly, when she said that, it made my eyes feel teary. I paid for her stuff, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and thanked me again.
My father looked at me and said, "Im proud of you son. you've become a hell of a man."

That in itself meant the world to me. The old man has never said anything like that to me before.
The smallest gesture can mean the world to someone.

I hope to read some of your stories. Even if this thread gets buried beneath all the news of chaos in our world today.
An perhaps this will encourage others to pay it forward.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Im a pretty big Bobby Bones fan; I keep a half a dozen of his shirts on hand; When people see me wear my (Pim Pin Joy) T-shirts I always have a request for one (they are often sold out on line) so I get their address and send them one
and pick up their meal or gas bill at the Quick Trip

Great way to open up the spirit of giving Macen

SF

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I love random acts of kindness! Just last week I was at the grocery store and the woman in front of me in the checkout line was $16 short. She was using a gift card and food stamps. I looked at what was in her cart and it was just regular food - bread, eggs, milk, produce, etc. The check out girl was telling her she had to give back some stuff. I offered to pay the $16. The woman teared up (which made me tear up of course) and we gave each other a big hug. Totally made my day.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Humanity seems to blossom in this time of the year; I must say, it feels so much better to give.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Nice job !
Thats what makes a random act of kindness so special - They can happen anywhere!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Hahaha nice! pim pin da joy!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yea, I have to say, I LOVE TO PIMP that JOY! ! ! ! !

new topics

top topics

join