It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow man, shadow beast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
For the last few years, I've been seeing a massive black shadowy dog, it's the size of a calf so it's a big doggy, every now and then he'll run across my field of vision before disappearing into the ether. Sometimes he'll sort of lunge right at me, but I never get the feeling he's trying to attack me or whatever.

I also keep seeing a black shadowy person, visible only for a second or two (like the dog). The other night when I was just after I stepped through my front door, I saw him running past. I knew it wasn't a proper person, because not only did he make no sound, but was nowhere in sight after I ran out after him. I see him every now and then, just briefly flitting through my vision. Never see the man and the dog together, it's always one or the other. Never felt in the least bit afraid.

I'm not crazy, I'm not a schizophrenic or in any way psychotic. What intrigues me is that I've mentioned this (separately) to a couple of people whom I work with and with whom I share similar histories, and both had very similar stories, although the gender of the human figure and the type of animal seems differ from person to person.

I've never really thought of either the man or the dog as being "ghosts" though... they just seem like something else. At least, not ghosts in the sense of dead people's shades walking around.

My question, is there any way to try and contact these spirits? I don't have any psychic powers or anything, and I suck at meditation, but I'm thinking maybe there's someone out there who knows about this kind of stuff?

Should I ask the gods? My gods, not the Abrahamic god. I follow a more eclectic Pagan path. Are there any gods which would be the best to consult? Can't say I've met all of them.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Try Nod, Nox, Nott or any version there in of. They Mostly focus on dreams and night and are not necessarily evil maybe a bit tricksy.

The Dog sounds like a "Fetch" on its way home from its assigned duty. The shadow man may be a standard dream creature returning home from a long night of delivering dreams.

Or it just may be an over active Imagination with your mind filling in the holes. Basically a subconscious "hey pay attention your outside of your safe surroundings."

Either way works.

CoBaZ

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I consider seeing shadow people/beings in the way you describe as more of a psychological experience than a paranormal one. Some people who begin developing schizophrenia, or those whose brains change over time, may "lucidly" experience the shadows. All people experience this at least once in their lifetimes, but your experience is quite unique in how they don't flicker in the periphery of your vision and actually walk through it directly.

But, if you're convinced this is paranormal, I recommend consulting someone skilled in the subject. Some Gods you might want to consider contacting include Hecate from the Greek pantheon, or her Roman equivalent. I don't know of many other gods concerning mysterious subjects in other pantheons, and I don't have any experience contacting her, but I've heard Hecate may help the most.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

I've never really thought of either the man or the dog as being "ghosts" though... they just seem like something else. At least, not ghosts in the sense of dead people's shades walking around.

Why not? Spirits used to be people (and pets), too. They just don't have bodies anymore. Thats one way of looking at it.

You could ask yourself, why a dog? If its random thoughts in your head, you wouldn't see it with your eyes.

If it was unknown energy, why shaped like a dog?

If it isn't frightening, more likely some dude and his pet passed on, but still occupying the same space they used to live. Wouldn't be the first.

Waverley Hills Sanatorium reportedly has a ghost dog wandering the halls. Some poor guy fell down an elevator shaft and died. The reports are people see a white dog or feel a dog brush up against them. The 'homeless' guy was found with his dog at the bottom of an open elevator shaft.

If you believe that kind of thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Lucky Duck! You seem to be much more sensitive than most. You're blossoming into your true self and leaving us behind, if only temporarily.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I have been seeing shadows like you for a couple of years now, every now and then i see the dog you describe, most recently my boyfriend was driving and i thought he was going to run him over and i screamed and he freaked out telling me there was nothing on the way. So...he does not see them but i do, i also see people standing at the side of the road or on the room im in. I have turned to ATS for answers but i haven't received more than it must be my nerves or my imagination. They don't scare me or make me feel uncomfortable, but we'll see. I will follow your thread to see if i get any answers too. If you want to talk to someone about this message me. Maybe we can unveil this phenomena!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The dimension next to ours some some times allows for a little transference.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It's probably just you, subconsciously projecting. I think most if not all shadow people apparitions are just that.
The confusion comes with the assumption that an astral projection is actually one's "soul" (whatever that is) leaving the body. I believe that this is never the case, rather an energetic copy that is created and returns.
The animal form is unusual, but not unheard of. I suspect this is the basis for shamanistic practices regarding shape shifting.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Ah, you have the hound of tindalos tracking your steps, and the shadow person is the caller, or master of the beast,

Have you wronged someone? maybe done a little grave robbing?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The dimension next to ours some some times allows for a little transference.

More like, all around us.

For instance, if you tried to lower a pencil through 2D flat land, they wouldn't see a pencil, they'd see a point grow to a circle, changing colors and then disappearing. From their point of view it appeared and vanished, from ours we are all around them.

Same between the third and fourth. The fourths all around us, we see their denizens appear in various forms and then vanish…

We can't see all of them at once or even part of them until they decide to "pass through" our perspective.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

you sir, made your point very well indeed!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Thank you, the credit goes to Carl Sagan. He did a tv thing on it once. I copied that from him.

edit on 8-12-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

If it isn't frightening, more likely some dude and his pet passed on, but still occupying the same space they used to live.

Thing is, this isn't limited to a particular locale. I see them everywhere, from Russia to Tasmania. I've travelled a lot, and they always put in an appearance. And this dog is huge. Like 150cm tall at the shoulder. Never seen a dog that big in life. Also, they are never together.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Then they are attached to you instead of a place. They identify with you. You say you have seen them "everywhere", but still hold they aren't threatening and cause you no harm? Do they do anything for you? Usually spirits that manifest have a purpose.

What does your 'gut feeling' say about it?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I know a little about inter-dimensional passage, but not much. What I really wonder though, is why?

And as I said, a couple of people with similar life stories also seem the same thing, although their animal differs. Our lives have been, I guess, outside of the law. We have all done reprehensible things, and faced real possibility of death, but these spirit people/animals seem more like guides than anything else. Why would they flicker in and out of our dimension?

I feel reassured whenever I see them.

By the way, I have heard legends of massive black dogs with glowing red eyes being harbingers of death, but my dog doesn't have glowing eyes. They're yellow, not red.

I have also seen this dog in some dreams, along with a black cat named Orion. Every animal is black for some reason.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

these spirit people/animals seem more like guides than anything else. Why would they flicker in and out of our dimension?

Deliver messages, warnings, lessons, for instance. Protect us, guide us, reassure us, like you inflect. Some people are more sensitive to their spirit guide, animals, etc. Everyone has ancestors, family passed on.

Some think they are usually around in some form. Eastern cultures respect their ancestors more than we do in the west, adding features to their houses for them to stay and making offerings to them, that kind of thing. Here we are dead and buried, mostly forgotten.

Ever had dreams where you meet 'familiar' strangers that you can't remember the name of or what they say? Some meet their families in near death experiences, like over there, waiting for them.

Native American cultures used to think we all have an animal spirit, a spirit that we meet when we are young in the wild. Mine was a bear in Yosemite that stood over me, pinning me to the ground.

So supposedly a bear is a big strong animal and thats my nature, or some such…

some links

edit on 14-12-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

My question, is there any way to try and contact these spirits? I don't have any psychic powers or anything, and I suck at meditation, but I'm thinking maybe there's someone out there who knows about this kind of stuff?

There are many ways to open the doors of perception. Be careful...and armed with the shield of faith and the sword of knowledge.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Serveral years ago I was sitting on my floor high on weed going nothing in particular, listening to music or something in one ear when I heard a bark like it was far away and close at the same thing and then something black with metalic hair brushed against my skin. I didn't see it but I KNEW it was black. I didn't see it but I knew against all evidence that it was a dog one bigger than any dog I'd seen. About as big as a pitbull but girthy like a mastiff. And I knew that it was mine for some reason. Of its own free will.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Have you watched the 'dead files'? You can YouTube it. Lots of experiences with shadow people. There's a lot of information on different paranormal beings, shadow people, spirits, etc. And at the end, how people can get rid of them.
Not judging you, but in all my experiences I call on Jesus. If you open other doors, you might not like what's behind them. I have family that do that stuff, bad experiences after.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ladykhyra

I have turned to ATS for answers but i haven't received more than it must be my nerves or my imagination

By my experience, it is very rare to meet someone who will simply believe you. Even if that interlocutor also has lived paranormal experiences, they will remain very skeptical. We often get very emotional about those issues and it goes directly in conflict with our Cartesian reasoning.
However, before going to paranormal explanation of a phenomena, it is best to exclude all possible "material" reasons.
Truthfully, our minds can play some very nasty tricks and it can be very hard to untangle what is coming from us and what is coming from outside (so adding perception + interpretation = huge confusion)

However, if you do see those people/animal and if you have ruled out basic stuff like sleep walk, dreaming while being awake (yes it does happen in some cases), blood pressure, oxygen levels, any high state of anxiety, drugs, medication, depression, lack of sleep and things like that, then the next question to ask would be more esoteric : spiritism practice around you or by you (or stuff like that), meditation or any other said spiritual practice.

just hints...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join