It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I came, I saw, I remained!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hi everyone

I am Kaelci! I'm 29, from Australia, am a mother, stay indoors far too much, and enjoy writing fiction. Attempting to write some dark fantasy at the moment that is ending up entirely too light for my liking, haha.

I've been traversing ATS for almost two years now, so not as long as some lurkers. A lot of the Grey Area threads pulled me in via random Googlings, then I started to hang about different areas of the forum, and it wasn't long before I put the Recent Threads page on my pinned internet tabs and started reading every day
I joined a few months back but didn't get up the nerve to introduce myself (I may or may not have a few anxiety issues, this thread itself is probably taking me an hour to write) but I'm feeling extra-confident today... so... hello!

I haven't been a member of any forum since my teenage years, where I used to be one of those people who had to contribute towards every. single. thread. But I'm a little more reserved these days. I don't expect to post many topics, but I do imagine that I'll respond to a few! There's been a few times that I've wanted to say things, but... didn't. I've made myself known now so I like to think that'll change
I've had my fair share of experiences that have made me the person I am today that I've come to terms with and am open about sharing - abuse and neglect as a child, alcoholism and mental illness in the family, a parent dead and the other who might as well be, religious fanaticism in a family member, depression and anxiety in myself.

I'm the type of person who loves technology, but would love to live without it at the same time. I'm currently saving my beans in order to live a self-reliant lifestyle, though I don't see it happening in the near future. AND! I ramble too much
(and use emoticons too much)

I'll leave it at that now. I greet you all once again! And I hope to see you all around the forums.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
We've had our fleet of Kookaburra drones on you for a while now.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Welcome and don't worry; first thread is the most difficult, then it only become easier.
I use emoticons too

Enjoy as much as you can.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I never really check out the introduction threads. But your cool title drew me in.

Don't let your anxiety rule you here either, just type what you feel (T&C friendly, obviously), take a deep breath and press reply...

Before you know it you'll feel at home and addicted to logging into ATS... It seriously is a good place.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Kookaburra drones!? I knew it!! I've got my eye on you.

And thank you for the welcomes WhiteHat and Subaeruginosa
I'm sure I'll be right as rain once I get into the habit

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Welcome! It's definitely more fun to join in than to just watch!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
G'day mate! You'll find many a dag, & holey dooley, many a freckle!! She'll be right Sheila! !!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole....

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hello! And welcome!

No need to feel anxious here, so reply as much & as often as you want. Nobody's perfect, not even the great me. LOL So don't worry about how people may take your words. Just speak from your heart, voice your opinions, and agree with me... uh, I mean "speak from your heart, voice your opinions, & things will be fine".

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader
Being a lurker, I never got the chance to see peoples display pictures or signatures... I'd just like to say that I'm finding your avatar mesmerising! Haha

a reply to: enlightenedservant
Thank you for the welcome

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
hi welcome

there is always a 5000 % increase in replies for female introductions compared with males

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You are Aussie MaMa. If you ever find yourself in the southern Texas area, we will keep you warm, dry, and well fed. The company is not too pretty bad.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mwalker

I like to think it's my charm rather than my gender! In saying that though, I haven't really paid much attention to other introduction threads, but I do see quite a few at around 30-40 replies so I have a fair way to go

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Welcome Kaelci, anxiety girl here too. But like Enlightened funny guy says no need to be anxious here, mostly everyone is really cool.

- way to do an intro LOL. The title sucked me in too

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

Good to know..... wait! -mostly- everyone?
lol

The title is entirely my partner's fault. Due to the new Fallout 4 being released, and his laptop not being able to handle it, he's been playing a smattering of New Vegas. He sided with the Legion. Hail Caesar! I know the quote "veni vidi vici", and my trusty Google translator says that "I came, I saw, I remained" should be "veni vidi ego remansi" - be pretty amazing to properly learn Latin.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Yeah but I don't want to name names
haha.

I forgot to say Im in Oz too.

Enjoy your stay

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
"Maybe if everyone who'd ever been close to you had died, you'd be sarcastic, too."
-Dr. Rick Dagless MD

Based on your avatar alone, I love you.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Darkplace is simply genius.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Welcome. Your introduction is like looking into a mirror. Many similarities between us. Anxiety is easily overcome here. Trust me when I say that there are far more members that prefer to boost you up than tear you down. Looking forward to reading your stories if you are willing to share.

edit on 10-12-2015 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Thank you for your words

My writing style is a touch long, I've always struggled writing short stories... But I'm happy to share if "short story" is subjective

top topics

<<   2 >>

join