It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If There Was Any Doubt - AG Lynch: President Will Call On Congress to Take Action on Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Video at link:

Of course, the solution to Islamic terrorism is "gun control".

Tonight we will see the Three "D" strategy:

Denial - (No Such Thing As Radical Islam - Can he even say those words "radical Islamic extremism"?) fingers in ears - La, La, La,La, La!

Deflection - (Christians, Pro Life, 2nd Amendment supporters, Islamophobia, Islamophobia, Islamophobia) Hell, he may bring up the crusades and witch burning

Demonization - (NRA, Guns, Republicans, "Sanity" Etc.)

Shall we play a drinking game?

www.nbcnews.com... 3b642cd15e2e69c1eff2ebcb34b

In an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press," Attorney General Loretta Lynch previewed the remarks President Barack Obama will make when he speaks to the country Sunday evening about the recent terrorist attack in San Bernardino.

"What you're going to hear from him is a discussion about what government is doing to ensure all of our highest priority — the protection of the American people," the attorney general said.

In an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press," Attorney General Loretta Lynch previewed the remarks President Barack Obama will make when he speaks to the country Sunday evening about the recent terrorist attack in San Bernardino.

"What you're going to hear from him is a discussion about what government is doing to ensure all of our highest priority — the protection of the American people," the attorney general said.

She also said that he'll speak on the actions the United States has taken to keep the homeland safe since the attacks in Paris last month. But there will be an element of politics to the speech.

President Obama will do more than just call for calm, he will ask "Congress to review measures and take action."

Lynch's staff later confirmed that the president will specifically call on Congress to review certain gun control measures.

Lynch also reiterated that the San Bernardino investigation is a "terrorism investigation" because of the "indications that we do have of radicalization."

However, Lynch would not say definitively that Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik were radicalized or that there is any evidence that they were part of a "larger group or cell."

edit on 6-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Buckle up?

People are hurting and pissed at the level of negligence these government officials have stooped to. Obama since his inception as president has been a DIVIDER instead of unifying this country!

I don't think it will change tonight. But I will predict, his divisional rhetoric will set some looney toons already on edge into action!

Thus the reason I believe he is doing this tonight.....

I hope I am wrong, but the force is strong.......

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh good. Maybe they'll pass some more convoluted laws that make it extra, EXTRA illegal for criminals and the mentally incompetent to have guns.

That'll score some votes.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Obama since his inception as president has been a DIVIDER instead of unifying this country!

Bush was the decider. So Obama is the divider. Who's next?

I don't think it will change tonight. But I will predict, his divisional rhetoric will set some looney toons already on edge into action!

I considered this too. I hope not. It'll just give them more ammo against our second amendment rights. "See! See! We have to do something about GUNS!"

I hope I am wrong, but the force is strong.......

Obama. A Sith Lord? That's scary.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
He can call on anyone of those incompetent cretins he wants and they are free to ignore Dear Leader as much as they want as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You can't unite people that have polar opposite views on things, and who seem to derive pleasure from being divided. All presidents and politicians "divide" people; it's called taking a stand on the issues.

So if Obama doesn't take a stand on issues, he's weak. If Obama does take a stand on issues, they're the wrong issues and he's dividing people (who, as I already said, love to argue and be divided anyway).

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Made me laugh!

Anyhow, I have words for the Bush dynasty as well, but he and daddy are walking corpses in my eyes! If we round up the current cabal of law breakers in DC, I wouldn't shed a tear seeing the Bushes and Cheney next in line for some justice....

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

He can ask all he wants.

Congress knows better. As they should.

Want to get a lot of people involved in politics, AG Lynch, Mr. President? That'll do it.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I got a feeling that JFK will not be th e only US president killed by a sniper IF he tries this crap seriously.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I don't think anyone could come any where near close enough, even with a 50 Cal/ BMG, to do that. But then again, maybe the Secret Service is too busy flicking the neighborhood prostitutes to give a sheit.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Video at link:

Of course, the solution to Islamic terrorism is "gun control".

Tonight we will see the Three "D" strategy:

Denial - (No Such Thing As Radical Islam - Can he even say those words "radical Islamic extremism"?) fingers in ears - La, La, La,La, La!

Deflection - (Christians, Pro Life, 2nd Amendment supporters, Islamophobia, Islamophobia, Islamophobia) Hell, he may bring up the crusades and witch burning

Demonization - (NRA, Guns, Republicans, "Sanity" Etc.)

Shall we play a drinking game?

www.nbcnews.com... 3b642cd15e2e69c1eff2ebcb34b

She also said that he'll speak on the actions the United States has taken to keep the homeland safe since the attacks in Paris last month. But there will be an element of politics to the speech.

President Obama will do more than just call for calm, he will ask "Congress to review measures and take action."

Lynch's staff later confirmed that the president will specifically call on Congress to review certain gun control measures.

Lynch also reiterated that the San Bernardino investigation is a "terrorism investigation" because of the "indications that we do have of radicalization."

However, Lynch would not say definitively that Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik were radicalized or that there is any evidence that they were part of a "larger group or cell."

I agree....Congress should review measures and act. To make Americans safe here in the homeland Congress should start impeachment hearings immediately !

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Plenty of road maps laying around throughout history.

“Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death”.
– Adolph Hitler

“Why of course the people don’t want war … But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship … Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
– Hermann Goering, Nazi leader.

“The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
– Josef Stalin

I do think Mao said it best, "All power comes from the barrel of a gun". Which always means government is armed and peons are not.

Before guns it was swords..The Samaria were permitted to carry swords not the peons... just one example but governments the world over believe it is their right to have the power over the population....that's how they stay in power; right or wrong.. Pol Pot was a great example of a despot who was able to get away with the slaughter of 2 million unarmed fellow country men/women/ kids/ err whole families..

Good news for some (not so good for others); I heard or read that for the year 2015 so far there has been a 6% increase in back ground checks for gun purchases. That is a little over 2 million additional requests over the previous record set in 2014.. Got to hand it to the Obama regime for being the best gun salesmen of the century.

The people are voting with or without the government's blessing, legally, it would appear, No?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Let us, most fervently, hope not. Definitely not something this country needs.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Let us, most fervently, hope not. Definitely not something this country needs.

Even if its a BLM member and or a ISIS terrorist?

top topics

join