It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outlander - A haunting movie show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wonder if some of you watched the "Outlander" series produced by Starz.
I just discovered it a few days ago and I'm still in awe at what a great show it is.
Not reading the books yet, at first I believed to be another "Supernatural" style show, a bit of fantastic theme, a bit of romance, a bit of action, something to mindless watch for entertainment purposes only. Boy, was I wrong...lol
I was trapped in the story and I found myself unable to stop watching it, and even now, few days after I finished season one it still haunts me.

For those who haven't seen it yet, it seems a bit slow at first but only because unlike many shows today it develops the story and the characters to the depth, and later on you feel grateful that it took the time to show you all the details. It's rich in history, the settings are highly realistic and the actors are just amazing. Only after I discovered that the main two protagonists are a couple in real life too I understood the amazing chemistry between them. The love scenes are elaborate and gripping; well...as love scenes should be.
The theme song is magic too, but I have a weakness for celtic music.

All in all is an amazing movie, especially if you like history, a bit of time travel and the scotish culture. Without giving up anything, I must say that the last two episodes of the first season are brutally honest and detailed and I found myself skipping some scenes that I couldn't bear to watch.
Also there is a long long time since I found myself impressed to the tears by a movie.

So, if you watched it I'm curious to know if it left you with the same haunting feeling or is just me that I'm too sensitive.
If you didn't watch it yet here is the trailer, but believe me it says nothing about the quality of this show.

I cannot give you a link where to watch it since I understand that Sony is distributing it differently for every country.
But I can give you the official website and the books website.
I intend to read the books since the next season will air only in the spring of 2016; no way I'll wait that much to see what's happening next

ETA: I hope nobody post it before, couldn't find it in search, but if there is a thread about it already, my deepest apologize.

edit on 6-12-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Video is blocked for me, [ U.S. ] due to copyright.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Watched the first series...lost interest.
The Books by Diana Gabaldon are definitely better!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Its available on the Starz website, www.starz.com... The first episode is free.

It reminds me of the Paul Walker Movie "Timeline". I loved that movie. So, Im looking forward to watching this series.
edit on 6-12-2015 by misskat1 because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Sorry about that, maybe just search on youtube for another trailer or on their website. I remember reading that it was aired in US too.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Watched the first series...lost interest.
The Books by Diana Gabaldon are definitely better!

Then I can only be grateful I watched it before reading the books. Although many people say that is quite faithful to the books.
I will judge that after reading them.
edit on 6-12-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Video is blocked for me, [ U.S. ] due to copyright.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ahem .... KODI is your friend.

believe or not but I am an extra in the series. It is made in my area.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Loved the first season, second one incoming

I was the same as you, got a bit emotional at the end of the season, and wanted Randall on a bloody crucifix

The setting too, it just has a certain Romance with me, so that was a bonus, as was the eye candy in Claire

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If I ever get the chance to check this out, I will. I dig time travel stuff so thanks for the tip.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Yes it is quite the captivating storyline, time travel, the beauty of Scotland, interesting bits of history...

The books were fantastic and the show follows the books quite nicely except for a few little add-ons/changes... but otherwise it's been true to the books thus far.

I'm really enjoying the show and don't find it disappointing at all compared to the books, in fact it makes me want to read them again while I patiently wait for season 2 !

Don't hold back from reading the books, it actually makes the show that much more interesting because of how you picture everything in your head, and then seeing the story from your mind play out on tv just adds to the experience, IMHO.

So don't be afraid to start digging into those books !

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
Ahem .... KODI is your friend.

believe or not but I am an extra in the series. It is made in my area.

Wow, I'm impressed. What a small world, isn't it?
Then I must say you're lucky to live in such a beautiful area, although I not envy you for the weather.
Here's for our scottish members!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You've gave a good advice there. Personally, I don't spent too much watching series. To me, the main-stream series are just too much boring for me, I always fell asleep. But that one I'll give a shot.

edit on 28/1/2016 by marcelfox because: (no reason given)

top topics

join