It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trusting in your intuition and dreams?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You know something quite peculiar that I have discovered - psychologically, the kind of person who would "forget" such an attack is the exact same kind of person that potential assailants would target.

Either that or extremely forgiving kinds of people.

The stupid thing is that people whom are not vulnerable to abuse under my assumption are the would-be assailants.

The vulnerable simply cannot fight and cannot comprehend violence.

They can be taught however, taught to defend themselves, even if this means that they would then be capable of physical harm.
edit on 6-12-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

You know something quite peculiar that I have discovered - psychologically, the kind of person who would "forget" such an attack is the exact same kind of person that potential assailants would target.
a reply to: SystemResistor
Yes I have found similar clues also, the assailants need you to keep the secret. That is the key, it has to stay hidden not only because the assailant is penalized, but also because it will never be the same from that point on. The secret is the important part of the process.
Back to the original post, I say dreams are a natural process of the Human mind, they perge and reveal and that can be a very awakening process. If you allow it to be so.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That's a tricky question, i think intuition and dreams can do wonders for creative ideas and pushing your life forward with ease if your vision is right, but for strange things that inherintly negative i dont think id be a great idea just to act upon intuition because that could be coming from anywhere/might end up hurting someone

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst
if it was just dreams by themselves, you could study dream analysis and possibly learn some things about yourself that may have nothing to do with any sexual experience at all (dreams are weird, but they DO serve a psychological function, helping regulate your mind... promoting homeostasis of the brain, if you will). it takes years to learn to understand even half of your dreams.

HOWEVER, if there are emotional reactions and behaviors in your waking life that also point to some form of sexual trauma, that's enough to seek help from a qualified counselor. many areas have places that offer free counseling to victims. a high percentage of people who suffer from childhood abuse block the memories, so it's common for survivors to have difficulty remembering events, so no one will deny you help based on a lack of memory. they can help you figure out what you want to do and how to help you move forward in your life.

DO NOT do some sort of hypnosis to bring up repressed memories. these techniques are just as likely to create false memories as they are to unearth real memories.

hope this helps!! best of luck to you.

thank you for your input. so its funny i was actually thinking about going to someone who offers hypnosis. but you say that they can create false memories. i thought it was the complete opposite. have you ever experienced hypnosis?

i would like some first hand accounts of what its actually like. i am very much into deep meditation and imagine its the same? but then i have often wondered if the hypnotist is imposing their thoughts onto you and influencing what you speak about since they are guiding the whole process. hmm

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

Dream diaries are vital to understanding your own dreams.

You won't quite know where to draw the line unless you keep track of what kind of dreams you are having. Dreams could be anything from brain noise or repressed memories to full on contact of some kind, but you will never know for sure what kind of things your mind is experiencing if you don't write them down to look at later.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join