It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Shoot White Bank Robber vs. Cops Shoot Black Stabber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This happened today during the morning in Miami.

The suspect tried to rob a bank, fled into a barbershop and grabbed a straight edge razor.

These trigger happy cops decided to open fire on the guy after the cop on the sidewalk hit him with the taser. They must have assumed the 'pop' from the taser was a gunshot and figured they'd join in.

The suspect died from his wounds.

Think they'll be protests over this? Probably not.

News Article on Shooting

Now here's another video of nearly an identical situation, except the suspect was black and had already stabbed someone. He's surrounded by police(holding a knife) police shoot bean bag rounds at him with little effect. He starts to walk as an officer blocks his path and opens fire. This took place in San Francisco just a few days ago.

And you betcha, there's protests over it; San Fran Shooting

Black Lives Matter is a sham. Police use unnecessary lethal force on all races. Neither of these men needed to be shot at the moment they were and in both scenarios police could have used other options.

Now if BLM gets together and protests the first videos shooting, they may have some credence and be able to bring accountability to the police by extended awareness past just black lives. But let's face it, the one thing Black Lives Matter protestors hate hearing is that All Lives Matter.

Ghost
edit on 5-12-2015 by ghostrager because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The first video the guy just robbed a bank and had a straight edge razor.. anyone that decides to try and rob a bank knows full well they might get shot.. Why would anyone protest that? No sympathy for him what so ever..

The second video is some downright BS.. The London stabber I wish had been shot..
edit on 5-12-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

in addition, if you watch the ENTIRE video, you will see the man raise his hand with the razor (you can get a quick glimpse of it at it passes the officer;s shoulder blocking the camera) threatening the cop with the gun. The cop fires, the man drops, and the razor is dropped from his hand.

Suicide by cop, plain and simple. The only fault is his own in this instance from what I saw.

But, don't let the facts get in the way of your rantings.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

in addition, if you watch the ENTIRE video, you will see the man raise his hand with the razor (you can get a quick glimpse of it at it passes the officer;s shoulder blocking the camera) threatening the cop with the gun. The cop fires, the man drops, and the razor is dropped from his hand.

Suicide by cop, plain and simple. The only fault is his own in this instance from what I saw.

But, don't let the facts get in the way of your rantings.

What rantings? and what facts got in my way? I clearly said I thought the guy with razor deserved to get shot.. What am I missing?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Sorry, I misunderstood your comments and stance on the issue. In fact, now I wonder what the point otf the entire thread is now

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I guess I don't understand this thread.

Are you saying the BLM should change their name and mission to cover all people?

Why don't you start up ALM? -serious

I get what you are saying with the shootings. This is probably the case in most shootings, there are generally other options when the assailant isn't armed and aiming at an officer. Especially when the officer has advanced knowledge through a radio of a situation. He can grab to tools he needs from his car and use them, if uneffective, escalate to guns. I think they should follow this process to administer justice, not just give them the easy way out.

Having said that, there is an animalistic need to survive out there, and a species as intelligent man, with the mindset that its ok to harm other humans for their own advancement is a direct threat to humanity itself and should be euthanized like the bad dog they are.

I've been stabbed before, and never again, and as a cop, and only armed with a gun, I would put 3 in them before they were in range at this point.
Knives look kinda mundane compared to a handgun, until arteries and organs are severed.
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: edit

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

About the second video, the repeats, i've seen that often.
Why is that? is this an indoctrination technic or something?

As an european my opinion is of course different, both could easily have been detained without killing them.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Of course one case will be ignored. It's proof that the police don't care about the skin color of the suspects. Doesn't fit the narrative.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I agree with this! There is no need to shoot a man armed only with a knife! I thought the police were supposed to be TRAINED IN DEFENCE AGAINST KNIVES!? Is the use of a taser justified? Definitely. Is the use of several shots? Definitely not in my book. Are the police getting dumber nowadays or just more psychopathic?

BTW eathling42 where has your DP been taken? I could stare at that all day, such a calming and beautiful picture!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChosenCorbyn
a reply to: earthling42

I agree with this! There is no need to shoot a man armed only with a knife! I thought the police were supposed to be TRAINED IN DEFENCE AGAINST KNIVES!? Is the use of a taser justified? Definitely. Is the use of several shots? Definitely not in my book. Are the police getting dumber nowadays or just more psychopathic?

BTW eathling42 where has your DP been taken? I could stare at that all day, such a calming and beautiful picture!

Several shots! = 2 shots

Who knew?

As for 'people with a knife shouldn't be shot!' I urge you to take a look at this video as to why that is such an asinine statement:

www.youtube.com...

Now, I'm not saying the video I linked is the same as the Miami shooting you just linked, but it shows a potential scenario as to how dangerous people with knives can still be. Cops HAVE to take suspects into custody, it is quite literally, in their job description. I know you think in some fairy perfect little world that cops can talk everyone down and people will just LISTEN to them, but the reality is much much different. More often than not, suspects are NOT compliant. So what are cops to do? Every time their is a report of a man with a knife they just shut down the whole area for hours on end? It's not practical to divert a significant amount of the police force for ONE MAN when that one person should be listening to Police anyway.

All this being said, I'm not justifying the Chicago shooting. Unfortunately, that seems to be a pretty clear cut case of excessive force. I think the cop is highly likely to be going down for that. But one shooting with excessive force a pattern does not make.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChosenCorbyn

Midden delfland, i live on the edge.
In 2011 during a walk i took this picture, it is about 15 minutes walking from my home.
It is indeed a beautiful and calming environment, certainly in early morning with a blanket of mist that covers the land, and during sunset it is a delight to be there.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Sometimes they will have to shoot as you can see in this footage where a man with a sword runs towards the police officer.
However, the difference is, this guy was shot in the leg, which is sufficient enough to stop and disarm him.

If a suspect would have a gun and threatens to fire, that would be a good reason to shoot on vital parts of the body, but that is not the case here in any of the two examples posted in the OP.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Yes and No.

Black Lives matter is not a sham because historically and statistically the police use more aggressive tactics on ALL poor people. It just happens that a larger percentage of those that are poor are black. This makes it look like a systemic race problem. It's a socio-economic problem.

However, Black Lives matter (like all movements) are hijacked by those in power to push the agenda(s) they need and want.

Conclusion - mixed sham status.

top topics

join