It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Stone Temple Pilots lead singer Scott Weiland dead.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Rest in peace scott. Stp was a go to band to cover, every band i was in covered at least one song by stp.

Totally! I used to play covers of a few of their songs in a band during high school.
The bassline to 'Plush' is outstanding imo.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Rock stars either make it or they flame out. Sad to see another flame out.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
RIP

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Son of a bitch!

RIP Scott... loved your drug induced music.

He didn't die of an overdose, right?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Had to check in, doc: to bump this and send one out to
a super set of tubes stuck in an even better guy.
Pete Townsend said some years back,
"He has that kind of voice you wish you had."
I couldn't say it any better. Sorry guys, there's no substitute for the ELECTRIC Plush.

And I'm feelin.. mighty down all day.
The only thing that cheered me up at all was that live, raw, nasty one.

edit on 4-12-2015 by derfreebie because: I couldn't imbed a video with a fistful of 50s

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
One of my old bands used to cover Unglued, by My request..as a guitarist, I just loved playing that song..

Moderation is masterbation
What is what, and what makes you feel good
All these things I think about
I think about
Always come unglued
Yeah, I got this thing
It's comin' over me, I got thing
It's comin' over me, I got this feelin'
Coming over me, yeah
This confusion is my illusion
Nowhere to look, but know where
To find ya
All these things I'm sick about
I'm sick about
Always come unglued...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
RIP Scott...STP,got Me through some hard times when I was a teen in the 90's..

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Wow what a weird coincidence, I watched that movie today on Netflix,"Covered in Bleach" I think, about Curt Cobain's death where Courtney had hired a Private Detective who just happened to be the best in the business which was almost her downfall but he proved she was guilty as hell in his death, sadly bonehead police botched the whole investigation so she now is scott free.

I hope everyone in the Music business sees that and disowns her. Would be nice to see some civil suit of some sort drag her back into court and fry her.

STP was my staple back in the 90s, for those nights lol. Its Sad to loose another very gifted musician to drugs, had he seen it was time to stop, he could have lived a good life. He just did not want the party to ever stop.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: w00dhAK
One of my old bands used to cover Unglued, by My request..as a guitarist, I just loved playing that song..

Moderation is masterbation
What is what, and what makes you feel good
All these things I think about
I think about
Always come unglued
Yeah, I got this thing
It's comin' over me, I got thing
It's comin' over me, I got this feelin'
Coming over me, yeah
This confusion is my illusion
Nowhere to look, but know where
To find ya
All these things I'm sick about
I'm sick about
Always come unglued...

As a guitarist myself too I always appreciated the progression from 'Core', which I think had a very streamlined guitar sound. It was quite consistent from track to track, especially when he was using distortion.
The change from 'Core' to 'Purple' was (imo) very pronounced. It felt like a lot of different microphone placements on the amps, also different tone settings on the guitars for a lot of the songs.
The songwriting and lyrics seemed to leap ahead a lot on that album.
The progression to 'Tiny music' was big too.
A band that had totally transcended their 'Grunge' tag.
Very inspirational.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
Wow what a weird coincidence, I watched that movie today on Netflix,"Covered in Bleach" I think, about Curt Cobain's death where Courtney had hired a Private Detective who just happened to be the best in the business which was almost her downfall but he proved she was guilty as hell in his death, sadly bonehead police botched the whole investigation so she now is scott free.

I hope everyone in the Music business sees that and disowns her. Would be nice to see some civil suit of some sort drag her back into court and fry her.

STP was my staple back in the 90s, for those nights lol. Its Sad to loose another very gifted musician to drugs, had he seen it was time to stop, he could have lived a good life. He just did not want the party to ever stop.

Yeah I saw that film a few months ago.
It is compelling in it's dogma.
There are arguments against some of the stuff in that film that are equally compelling too.
It all ends up just being sad.
Scott provided us with a LOT of music to remember him by.
I wish Kurt had been able to keep himself together longer, I know it's selfish but I just wanted more music from him.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The damage done.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I guess we all suspected THIS was coming.

Scott Weiland died of an accidental overdose of coc aine, ethanol and methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA)

Also:

The office also noted Weiland's atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, history of asthma and multi-substance dependence

Bloomington Minnesota police revealed the day after his death that they had discovered a "small" amount of coc aine in the bedroom where he was found and arrested the bassist for possession of coc aine as well.

His former bandmates (STP) released a statement saying:

"The memories are many, and they run deep for us," they wrote. "We know amidst the good and the bad you struggled, time and time again. It's what made you who you were. Part of that gift was part of your curse."

His ex wife and mother of his children also released a statement:

"Let's choose to make this the first time we don't glorify this tragedy with talk of rock & roll and the demons that, by the way, don't have to come with it. Skip the depressing T-shirt with '1967 – 2015' on it – use the money to take a kid to a ballgame or out for ice cream."

The pain of addiction is far reaching!

“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

Rolling Stone

top topics

<< 1   >>

join