It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning video captures rocket separation in space like never before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A very beautiful 40 second YouTube video of a rocket 75 miles above surface of the earth.

Observe the curvature of the earth reverse near the end of the video.

What just happened ?

youtu.be...

Text beneath video:
---------------------------------
Published on Dec 1, 2015 (coincidence?)

For the first time in history, (IN HISTORY, THE FIRST)

a company has captured in video the exact moment in which two rocket stages separate in space, from outside the rocket itself. (HOW DID THEY SET THE CAMERA UP?)

This stunning video was capture on November 6, 2015 by UP Aerospace. (IF IT WAS A HISTORICAL EVENT, WHY WAIT SO LONG TO POST IT?)

The company “successfully executed a mission for NASA to deploy the Maraia Earth Return Capsule.

The mission reached an altitude of 75 miles above Spaceport America and landed 30 miles down range on White Sands Missile Range.

The missions was UP Aerospace's 10th SpaceLoft rocket launch and the first deployment mission."

------

Something doesn't seem right about this video.
edit on 2-12-2015 by sociolpath because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The curvature of the Earth probably changed because the curvature of the lens of the camera. Once the camera flipped upside down, the lens made the curvature seem to flip as well. Just a guess, but awesome video either way.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Curvature of earth because of camera: 1

Curvature of earth because earth curved: 0

Notice when the camera is pointing at the horizon the earth has a flat horizon.

How is this possible with a curved lens?

Edit
----
Yes it is an awesome video, the title says spectacular, do you repeat the obvious?

I focus attention on the obvious that has not been stated.

Also, notice no stars visible while camera is pointing up. If the camera was truly out of the atmosphere, regardless of how much light reflecting off the earth, the stars should be more visible than on earth at night.

Therefore: The rocket has not left the atmosphere.
edit on 2-12-2015 by sociolpath because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here's the video:

Very cool

originally posted by: sociolpath

It's the same reason that the the curvature of the earth appears indented later on. It's still due to the shape of the lense.

The effect is called "refraction". You get the same illusion when looking through any rounded, transparent surface, or at an angle. You can test it out with a drinking glass, or when looking at an angle at an object under the surface of the water.

I focus attention on the obvious that has not been stated.

Refraction is learned in middle-school (if not earlier). 'obvious' sure, 'miraculous' no.

Also, notice no stars visible while camera is pointing up. If the camera was truly out of the atmosphere, regardless of how much light reflecting off the earth, the stars should be more visible than on earth at night.

No. there shouldn't be. The camera has not had enough time to redjust to let in more light because, as you already mentioned, the earth is reflecting so much light. There's too much light in the lens for the camera to adjust and show the stars.

There is no conspiracy. Just basic camera functions.
edit on 2/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Pretty cool. At five miles per second… count-- one, one thousand, you just travelled five miles.
For my money the shuttle provides some good separation video, tumbling with the boosters from separation all the way to the ocean after 2:10, and kind of eerie sounding after 14:40 in here…

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I love it how flat Earthers refute the curvature of the earth in videos because of fish eye lens's but use the same cameras when it suits them, you can't refute one and not the other.
edit on 2-12-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
I love it how flat Earthers refute the curvature of the earth in videos because of fish eye lens's but use the same cameras when it suits them, you can't refute one and not the other.

People do not believe the Earth is flat.

Stop it with such nonsenses.

Whatever next.

Oh Wait this is ATS.

"Expect the unexpected.

I guess.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
that explosion at .22 seconds looks fake to me

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Alundra

That's because it's in space. Explosions in space look different than the ones down here on Earth

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Fantastic video, thanks for sharing.

The behaviour of the mini-explosions (from explosive bolts) showing the hot gasses expanding and disappearing almost instantaneously proves that this was done outside of the atmosphere, in vacuum.

Here's a footage compilation of explosive bolts firing on the ground: vimeo.com... They leave a puff of smoke.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Wait I thought space isn't real according to yourself.
Great video btw I just hope you take the reply s from more learned members of ats then yourself and deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Actually a concerning video. There are hundreds of solid items released when the rockets separate, are these ice crystals or actual pieces of metal or other substances from the rocket? If they are solid (or even ice? does ice eventually "melt" in orbit?) they create space hazards for every other vehicle or satellite that goes through that orbital path. Does every separation in space create this debris storm?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Yeah there are thousands of nuts n bolts up there.
They have thought of ways to collect all the space junk but I do think most of it ends up coming back down and burning up.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I believe it's ice.

As for the whole debris thing. I remember looking up an astronauts response to the movie 'Gravity', and he said it was partially accurate. Some minor things here and there, some big issues here and there as well, but over all not bad. However, he did mention that the satellites and space stations are built in a manner that protects them from smaller debris, and that ice would qualify for something that isn't too dangerous.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Curvature of earth because of camera: 1

Curvature of earth because earth curved: 0

Because a very wide-angle lens (approaching, but not quite, a fish-eye lens) is going to curve things in a certain direction at the edges of the frame. As the camera flips over, anything at the edges of the frame being curved in one direction would need to look curved in the other direction as the camera flips. There will be a point as that curve is changing from one direction to the other that it would achieve a "flat" phase.

How else would a curve go from being in one direction to its opposite direction without passing through the flat phase?

This is happening in relatively low Earth orbit, so the big curvature seen early in the video is probably being enhanced by the wide-angle lens.

edit on 12/3/2015 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's because it's in space. Explosions in space look different than the ones down here on Earth

Yes, I figured it would be something like this, but why exactly ? I'm intrigued .. vacuum ?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alundra

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, I figured it would be something like this, but why exactly ? I'm intrigued .. vacuum ?

It's probably a combination of a couple of things. (1) it being a vacuum, and (2) everything being in free-fall together making it appear that there is no gravity.

edit on 12/3/2015 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
the rocket looks very CGI..except for the first capsule drop...that I can say looks more real.

I call this rocket a total CGI

edit on 3-12-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaysLate

originally posted by: muSSang

People do not believe the Earth is flat.

Stop it with such nonsenses.

Whatever next.

Oh Wait this is ATS.

"Expect the unexpected.

I guess.

I have had numerous debates with people trying to prove it is to me. They have no answer for basic facts, but refuse to believe the Earth is not flat.

top topics

join