It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘We have no idea what it is’: Weird space signal could be from aliens :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Scientists using the Parkes radio telescope in Australia heard two ‘Fast Radio Bursts’ this month – separated by just 2.4 milliseconds, according to researchers at the Max Planck Institute.
Radio telescopes have detected Fast Radio Bursts since 2001 – incredibly short, high-energy pulses which last for a few milliseconds and erupt with the energy the sun releases in a day.
But follow-up searches by non-radio telescopes have come up empty – leaving the source of the high-energy signals a mystery.
Astronomers have previously speculated the signals could come from evaporating black holes, or even from distant alien civilisations.
The new ‘double flash’ rules out some of the sources astronomers previously thought might cause Fast Radio Bursts.
For instance, the bursts could not be caused by neutron stars colliding – as they can collide only once.
metro.co.uk...

As I am not too familiar with stuff on this forum this previous thread popped up in my ATS search engine I am not sure if it's related to this one so here goes.SETI May Have Detected Intelligent Radio Signal from Strange Dimming Star!
www.abovetopsecret.com... posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:38 AM by asen_y2k
Is this much to do about nothing or could this be a thing..

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I'm no expert in this field, but I tend to think phenomenon like this almost always has a more reasonable explanation than an intelligent race of aliens.

I completely believe in intelligent life beyond that on our own planet, but my instinct tells me this is far from the smoking gun.

Could be a strange celestial phenomenon we don't entirely understand, but one that's still very much naturally occurring.

Sorry to be such a downer.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Passerby1996 because: no reason given

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Already posted. Please direct all your comments to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

join