It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm new and very confused!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
hey folks.

i'm a newbie here. found this spot totally by accident. i've spent the last 3 days working my way thru a thread that was 35+pages long in the "predicitions" area...........that ultimately was LOCKED.

so anyway.......i'm just a bit overwhelmed at the info out here and working my way through it all.

i'm a chick...........from TN. approach EVERYTHING with an open mind. i will ask LOTS of questions.........because i'm curious by nature and want to learn.

so .........that's about it............ oh and for a job.........i work in information technology at a large insurance entity.

that's about it. just wanted to drop some lines to intro myself.
i look forward to chatting with you guys!

and a big HEY YA'LL from the deep SOUTH!!

angie

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. We do have a massive amount info here, take your time, we're not going anywhere.

BTW, check out Below Top Secret for lighter fare and Politics@ for political discussion. Later.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS angie!
If you get through all 1 million posts I will be very impressed.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Welcome To ATS/BTS

Take some time to read the guidelines and rules of the forum and you shouldnt have any problems.There are tons of topics that you might be interested in, dont be scared to speak your mind. With that said if you have any problems go to the board's questions and business topic and you should get some assistance if not contact a mod or admin

Board Information / Rules & Guidelines

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
thanks guys! appreciate the welcome. i love the ATS stuff......i think i probably just picked the wrong thread to start reading.
it was a bit overwhelming.

i'll keep working my way through though...........i'm TENACIOUS when i find something that catches my eye and i have a thought to discuss......

now that i found this cool place i'll be hanging around ALOT!!!

angie

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Aside from the excellent advice that has already be offered up, I'd like to also refer you to the hot buttons across the top of the page..one, in particular called "Recent Posts" which will allow you to see what the current hot topics are..as well ad "MyRecent" which will keep you updated on post you have made and replies to them.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Welcome
Yup we all get a little lost at times but as you spend more time here you soon get the hang of it,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

take a peek at that link it may help

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Asala

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
astrocreep!

i found it a bit earlier!! HA.............that's awesome. its much easier to track stuff this way.........although i'm gonna have to drag myself off this "recent posts" to go look at older threads too.

i will say that the mods have set this site up to be ALMOST idiot proof
kudos to you guys and girls!! plenty of explanation on how to move around the site and helpful hints everywhere.

thanks for the welcome and i'll be seeing ya round!

angie

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by amb1063
've spent the last 3 days working my way thru a thread that was 35+pages long in the "predicitions" area...........that ultimately was LOCKED.

Welcome to ATS, maybe you should have read this first:

The shortest thread i've ever seen

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
HA...........that's good...........it definitely would have been less intimidating than the one i started with.

i always considered myself to be pretty well informed on all things secret........i mean........aliens, abductions,black projects,prophesy......and well basically most of the stuff that is being discussed out here.......

on that particular thread the responders were SOOOOO far over my head i could practically HEAR the conversations going SHOOOOOOOOMMMPPPP as they flew over my head!

so i pulled some terms off there that i wasn't familiar with and i'm going to do a bit of research to educate myself more..............cause apparently what i THOUGHT i knew about some of these topics is very amateurish......

but that's ok...........i love a good discussion.........and i can learn lots! that's why i'm here!!!

thanks again for the help from everyone!

angie

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hey Angie,
welcome from NY, im new myself. I just love this site. Actually, im enjoying reading this thread as well...you got a good conversation going here, this is how it all starts

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi and welcome! We have a fairly new feature here called, "My Recent" it's awesome! You "turn on or off" those forums you want and then when you hit "my recent" all new post on the forums you want to keep track of will be listed..

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
thanks everyone for the warm welcome..........and all the tips on navigating this MASSIVE information site!!!

i did some research as i said i was going too...........goggled myself to death......i found that the thread that i spent hrs on reading before i joined was pretty much a total copy of information swiped from another website that he passed off as his on "insite".

NICE
but that's ok........i'm learning. that's why i'm here.

thanks again everyone..........and you'll be seeing me around ALOT!!!

angie

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Welcome Angie! Nice to have you aboard - be carefull - ATS is very addicive

[edit on 6-1-2005 by jazzgul]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Here let me help you. Don't believe anything anyone posts.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul
Welcome Angie! Nice to have you aboard - be carefull - ATS is very addicive

NO KIDDING!!

i'm selective in the boards i participate in..........(cause i don't have that much time to spend on the net) i'm already involved in 2 other sites that are related to my fav breed of dog (german sheps) and i'm addicted to those.........and i can already see this one will be just the same!!

but that's ok............gives me something to do while i'm at work!

angie

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Here let me help you. Don't believe anything anyone posts.

yeah well i kindda noticed that...............some of the threads ARE kindda out there.............i want to prescibe meds for those guys!

for some folks i've noticed EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.........
but that's ok too............cause we're all entitled to our opinions and ya never know.....they could be RIGHT.........

angie

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Welcome. Pull up a chair, we've got plenty of room here.

As far as being confused, me, too. But that is to be expected after a few head injuries and being almost middle-aged.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Welcome. Pull up a chair, we've got plenty of room here.

As far as being confused, me, too. But that is to be expected after a few head injuries and being almost middle-aged.

YOU TOO????????
i'm starting to think that confusion is a normal state of mind for me!!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hiya and welcome aboard...

Very addictive in here as you may have noticed

new topics

top topics

join