It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Murdering Another Human Wrong?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
People murder animals and plant life all the time and could care less, we have very little morality in our current civilizations when it comes to killing anything.

I agree. Some killing is necessary. I am for limiting unnecessary killing, of which there is lots.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
My shift is over, time to go home!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As interesting was it is with all the diversions on the topic and of course the topic itself, but, soon our world is going to be top heavy with humans. They are going to need to eat, breath, excrete - now all three basic needs are going to be a problem once we over capacitate our world.

When you look at the religious outlook of all of this, the human body use to purge damaged fetes but today our medical accomplishments stop this simple nature act and we have been interfering with human production ourselves which some could say goes against their particular God's plan.

However unsustainable population, unless we have some form of catastrophe, is heading our way like a tidal wave and the religious or whatever ethics are going to have to be faced one way of the other if we are going to survive.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If EVERYONE and EVERYTHING is going to die anyway, is someone killing someone else really guilty of doing anything wrong?.

In the end EVERYONE is going to be dead anyway and how is it that it becomes anything different than someone running over a duck or a dog in their car, intentionally or no, being fine, but it becomes something like criminal if it is a human.

It appears to me that some kind of numerical value has been tagged onto human life for the purposes of accounting by those who own the herd and human emotions are used to create an entire market to profit from against something which is inevitable and unavoidable.

Is not denying medical care for lack of insurance tantamount to murder of a sort?.

We as humans are the stupidest members of the animal kingdom, and prove that we are in no position to make decisions regarding living things because we have no real understanding of anything at all.

Grief is a form of selfishness where one feels sorry for one's self because they lost a companion or a breadwinner (of course there are always insurance guys lurking in the shadows to gain from our selfish fears of loss),.....

I was one of those people who got myself out of an exemplary military career when I realized I didn't like doing what I did to people when it became real and not just training or a war game.

I don't KNOW anything more than anyone else.....

I just know I don't know, and try to live my life avoiding doing anything I may regret later.

Step away from the world and watch it from afar.

The hard part is coming back into it if you free yourself from it for long enough.

We all have to leave someday, what difference does it make what the method of our dispatch may be if we are dead and gone and going back into the cycle of whatever it is this is here?.

Bla, bla, bla...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The simplest answer to the OP would be there is no such thing as an absolute right or absolute wrong. There are way too many gray areas for every topic.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hang in there! You are not alone. Don't let them silence you through fear or intimidation. Be prepared for the day the government says we are the enemy. Give them the trouble they are looking for when they do and we will open our eyes to a better world..... even if it's not this one.

Stay Strong...... if they can't coerce their world war in syria, they know the war will be here......

See you on the other side brother.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Well i was with a women since we were 14 to 24. Then she pissed off with another bloke and had a kid. Personally, I'd jump at the chance to murder that lowlife prick who stole my high school sweetheart in cold blood. But I truly hope all the best for the life that was created... I seriously do.

Never the less, an abortion is, imo, a decision that should be strictly between a female and her doctor... It is not murder and should have nothing to do with some politically motivated politician or some erratic religious person.

My answer may seem all over the place, but what I am trying to say is that life is obviously sacred, even though some people may probably deserve to die... But never the less, all females should have full control and power over whether they will bring another life into this world... No matter what the circumstances were that caused conception in the first place.

Anyone who argues against that is either a misogynist, or just an outright idiot.... Straight out.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I think your argument is flawed because you view "killing" and "murder" as two different things. What is "killing" and what is "murder"? How do you tell the difference?
edit on 30-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The human is alive. Every cell from conception contains who the human is. Desteoy them all and the human ceases to exsist.

The only time destroying one cell would destroy the unique human is at conception itself.

Your question should be: Outside of heart transplants, is intentionally (and permanently) stopping another beating human heart, murder?
Sperm does not have a beating heart...last time I checked.
edit on 30-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Keep in mind...

1) "Justified" killing is still killing. "Justified" just means "excuse", and many killers believe the reason why they did it was "justified".

2) You cannot kill something which doesn't have a beating heart.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wonder how many anti-abortion people are pro-Israel.

But i really hope they don't think too* hard about or research that because we'd probably have a lot of exploding heads all over the place.

edit on 11/30/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Not often i say this but what a stupid idea!

Of course the DNA will be human that's not going to change anything with a aborted child.

And your title.... way to go with some clickbait.

Honestly I just don't know what else to say about this, as soon as a Ovum has been fertilised and cells begin to divide you have all the building blocks for a fully formed functioning human being. The debate about at which point this ball of cells becomes human is a matter more of philosophical debate than it is a biological debate to me.

I personally believe that it is abortion is wrong because i believe that it is wrong to take a innocent human life regardless of its state of development.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
It can't be murder if, without outside help you die naturally.

Very good! Same with a fetus. Without "outside help" (like the protection and feeding from the host), a fetus would naturally die. Leave it on the table, without outside help, and it dies. Can't be murder, even according to you.

Besides, "Murder" is a legal term and is an illegal act. Abortion is legal, and is NOT "murder".
edit on 11/30/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: gggilll
Now let me ask you a question:

Is a family asking to unplug their terminally ill relative who has been in a coma for 10 years, a murder?

It's taking a human life.

I think what should be asked is why animals and humans are treated with completely different levels of compassion at death/euthanasia. Keeping a terminal,comatose animal plugged in for a decade would generate thunderous cries of abuse & inhumane treatment. Yet, that's fine to do to people. Why?

The answer is because, even if the patient is declared terminal, people will still hold on to the hope that they might recover. As unlikely as it may be, stranger things have happened.

The objection arises from the fact that this person still has the potential to be a rational, conscious being that can make decisions. When you take the life of a rational being that can make his/her own decisions, you are effectively stealing their right to life and freedom.

Maybe it's just sentimentality, but despite science and medicines hard rationality, there is still a human element that's hard to ignore.

It's easy to ponder in the hypothetical, but I assume you'd feel rather differently were you to find yourself in that situation with a close relative. Strong emotions can't be tamed by pure reason. The only solution is not to have them at all.

And then, I wonder, what are you?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Even at the zygote stage, the fertilized egg has its own unique DNA.

Human DNA.

This has been one of my arguments as to why I think elective abortions should be considered murder, but I guess since the zygote/embryo/fetus doesn't have a SSN yet, the government doesn't really care too much.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Hit the road, Jack, and don't ya come back with crap like that.

You can not tell a woman what to do.

The law permits this. You don't have to go through it all do you.

Control freak men.

I am a guy and I see clearly what control freaks men are.

Yes, it should not be taken lightly, but in your male chauvinism, do you really think that women take it that lightly?

You are the hypocrite. You speak against yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Keep in mind...

2) You cannot kill something which doesn't have a beating heart.

Under these premise, you can enter a hospital where heart transpants are happening. Stab the recipient in the brain the moment the heart has been removed. NOT MURDER?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The spirit spoke this to Jeremiah and has also spoken it to me, the times have changed but his purpose has not. The world has been deceived on every level and he has appointed me and many others to reveal the truth. If you continue to harden your hearts and believe the deceiver you will be destroyed. Now is the time to change your mind and leave your contracts with evil!

The word of the Lord came to me, saying,

5“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

6“Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”

7But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.

9Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth. 10See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.

Abortion is murder. If you continue to hold to these evil practices and tell others they are good, or not evil, or place all the blame on the woman by saying "it is her body, her right" then your destruction will not forget you.

It is not only her choice, but yours, as you support the evil practice of killing the unborn.
edit on 30-11-2015 by sociolpath because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I'm a woman and I pretty much agree with the OP.

At what point did we decide that sex and babies have absolutely nothing to do with each other anymore? Because that thinking leads women being put in that situation. Wasn't the appropriate time for a woman to consider whether or not she wanted to bring another life into the world BEFORE she engaged in the activity designed by nature to do so?

And don't hide behind the rape/incest excuse, those abortions are to abortions of convenience what gays/lesbians are to the straight population.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
"Right" and "wrong" and "good" and "evil" are just words people use to claim authority for their actions. Right and good are generally used to indicate any actions that help or encourage a group of people to peacefully procreate and raise children. Wrong and evil are things that disrupt that.

Of course, it all depends on your perspective. It only applies to YOUR family, community or country. Not the other guy's. To hell with them and they are evil if they invade your country and try to take the resources you have, even if their goal -- procreating and raising children in peace -- is the same as yours.

If a guy breaks into your house and tries to kill your children, then it is okay to kill him. If they're a proven murderer and a menace to society in general, then we either lock them up for life, or kill them. And in the United States, we have determined that it's okay to kill unwanted unborn children, because overall it helps people raise children they want, and not create a burden for the rest of society (and potentially breed poor, unwanted, abused criminals).

So it's up to society to decide. And if you don't like the way your particular town or state or country has decided to handle it, then you need to either work to change their minds (good luck) or you need to move elsewhere. Because society has given the police the power to enforce its decisions -- by killing you if necessary.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join