It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyson Fury v Wladimir Klitschko: Place your bets.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

I expected Klitsch to edge it on points and was wrong. Well done to Fury.

I've watched a few rounds so far and it's not going to go down in history as a great fight. Very slow and methodical in the last four rounds; Fury rattled just once in R12. Pretty game in R4.

Not entirely sure what was motivating Kitsch here. He didn't seem to be holding out for a big overhand right and yet he wasn't, apparently, looking for points from landing his jab.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

pretty sure Klitchko was handed the title...

wasn't ever a great fighter, but the heavy weight division has been weak for years...

It was really only a matter of time before someone came along

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

They're already talking rematches. With this standard of boxing, you get to be paid several million for shuffling around the ring with little visible sweat and no grazes or bruises.

That's me agreeing with you.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Tyson in his prime VS Klitchko...

KO 1st round...

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

...more than likely.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

They're gonna milk this guy's name lol

And he's nothing special... kinda slow, doesn't keep his hands up...

Just like Kiltchko... but they both can take a punch...

the Heavyweight Division is crap, but theres one guy that might be something

and I forget his name lol

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Fury's a lucky guy to be boxing in this period of time. Low on legends, nobody really up-and-coming and a very thin division.

He can conceivably go another fight with Klitsch and win. Followed by another couple of fights that are likewise favourable. Not a lot of threat out there if he picks carefully.

Can retire in the 30s with undefeated and never had to fight even a Top 20 all-timer anywhere near the peak of their career.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

There is a guy called Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder. WBC holder with 35 wins 34 by KO. Also keep a eye out for a young New Zealand dude called Joseph Parker.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

I do rate Deontay. He's got it and is probably a better boxer than Fury but it brings us back to what I see as a thin division. We're splitting hairs over who's the better boxer in a division of fighters who couldn't survive the calibre of the 80s/90s guys.

Could either of these guys have gone undefeated in those day? The best of the best lost at least once due to the number of killers they had to fight.

I know this is plain old nostalgia speaking and fair play to Fury, Klitschko and Deontay. It's tough no matter the opponents and I shouldn't be blaming them for not having the competition of past decades.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
watched the fight the guys describing the fight where biased even .anyway holly homes could take both these guys sad day for boxing a very sad day.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Highlights of the fight , get it while it's there.

Klitschko had a game plan to knock Fury out without actually fighting him , Fury spent most of the fight trying to get Klitschko to fight him.
Fury took some heavy punches but at no point looked like the underdog , he controlled the fight and put in a solid performance to take the win on a unanimous decision regardless of being docked a point.

It wasn't a classic bout because Klitschko knew he would lose a slug fest , Fury is a deserving World Champion and did what he needed to do to take the title , Klitschko was beaten before he entered the ring

It was a great day for boxing because we now have a British World Heavyweight Champion who is also good entertainment , Tyson Fury beat the opponent he was given and provided a show to go with it.

25 fights , 25 wins and now a World Champion.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm glad Haye is coming back.The only heavyweight for a long time that is exciting to watch, and a proper athlete.
His fight against Klitschko was a disappointment and a fight he should have won, but he was too cautious.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Interview with Tyson Fury the day after the night before , looking fresh and remarkably unmarked.

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury believes Wladimir Klitschko "was a beaten man before he entered the ring" after the British boxer won a unanimous points decision to win the WBA, IBF and WBO belts in Dusseldorf.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

ugh... these are the top contenders in the heavy weight division

Sad...

Looked more like a cuddling match

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
someone paid thick to have klitsch lay down. u know cause when they showed haydn their is a moment when us ee her true emotion and she looked like she was going to cry. about round 4 after vlad took the first 3 off?!?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

Wladimir Klitschko has a personal wealth of $22.5 Million , how much do you think they paid him to lay down his reputation and titles ?

Klitschko has been the world's most dominant heavyweight since 2005, reeling off 20 straight title bout wins. He is the second longest reigning Heavyweight Champion of all time after Joe Louis. Klitschko is a popular pitchman in Europe and has a lucrative deal with the RTL television station in Germany to televise his fights.
www.forbes.com...

He was beaten fair and square by the better fighter on the night.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It was a nice fight

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join