It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A world full of me,myself and I

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I have discovered my life mission is to become me, more and more me. how do I do it. I work out what me is and add more and more layers of me. Like dressing a skeleton, I dress myself with clothes that are like me and look like me. I am like a self growing mountain that populates itself with more of itself. If you don’t agree with me, I will remove you from the surroundings. As I become more and more myself, I distance myself from anything that is different from me and do my best to convince others, that the best is to be like me. You may become a clone of me, but of course you will never ever be as good as me. None the less, you would be better off emulating me. I am like a snowball as my life unfolds I accumulate more snow and grow in to an enormous ball of me. My motto is work very hard at being me, no need to be free. Me and more of me against the world................aghhhhhh.
Know Thyself or me you choose.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

i see what you doing there, its sad this idea has culminated physically into a thing called selfies.'

I hate facebook

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
sounds all very self indulgent.
Don't hurt your arm patting yourself in the back too much

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
sounds all very self indulgent.
Don't hurt your arm patting yourself in the back too much

love that saying! no news is bad news in the selfie centred world.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Haha! Enjoyed it, as always!

I would like to solve, the answer is: What is narcissism?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder

I have discovered my life mission is to become me, more and more me. how do I do it. I work out what me is and add more and more layers of me. Like dressing a skeleton, I dress myself with clothes that are like me and look like me. I am like a self growing mountain that populates itself with more of itself. If you don’t agree with me, I will remove you from the surroundings. As I become more and more myself, I distance myself from anything that is different from me and do my best to convince others, that the best is to be like me. You may become a clone of me, but of course you will never ever be as good as me. None the less, you would be better off emulating me. I am like a snowball as my life unfolds I accumulate more snow and grow in to an enormous ball of me. My motto is work very hard at being me, no need to be free. Me and more of me against the world................aghhhhhh.

I have discovered that my life mission is to become less and less of me. How do I do it? I observe what is not me and subtract more and more layers of what I had inadvertently accumulated. I dress myself in clothes that keep me warm but have no concern with fashion or the need for such statements. I am like a mountain being slowly worn away by time and wisdom. If you don't agree with me I will endeavour to learn from you and keep you close that we might find balance together. As I become less and less of myself I gravitate toward anything that is different and never try to convince others to be like me. You cannot become a clone of me, for in essence we are the same thing and as good as each other. Do not emulate me, we each choose our own path, and that's just how it should be. I am like a snowball slowly melting in a sea of wisdom and humility. My motto is, don't strive just be less and less of yourself and the world will welcome you like an old friend. I cannot know myself.
edit on 25-11-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I really needed this thread this morning. Thank you and God Bless.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Both in harmony! Knowledge of Self, experiencing me.

Identity-Ego is a gifted catalyst for individual human experience. Not to be shunned nor demonized, and not to be blinded, illusioned, or enslaved to.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

A world full of me,myself and I

The age of narcissism is upon us.
The culture that has been created is based on everyone being identical in beliefs so... if you don't fit, you get into trouble for not being one in the one. Constant self focus is required to keep up with the masses.

Every generation has its flaws. There are no exceptions. However, with Millennials, it is like a goosestep march; year to year, month to month, week to week, day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute... second to second. If one falls out of step, then hell is paid dearly.
Some kids even commit suicide when rebuked for NOT being in step.

It is sad.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
pleased to meet you!a reply to: midicon

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

pleased to meet you!a reply to: midicon

It is good to meet you too my friend. I always enjoy participating in your threads. I think we both agree that regards the concept of 'self' and spirituality that less is more and vice versa.
Hey, I got stars for my post. My thanks to all who did so. I wish now that I had taken a little more time over my comment.

Regards midicon.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I have discovered that my life mission is to become less and less of me. How do I do it? I observe what is not me and subtract more and more layers of what I had inadvertently accumulated. I dress myself in clothes that keep me warm but have no concern with fashion or the need for such statements. I am like a mountain being slowly worn away by time and wisdom. If you don't agree with me I will endeavour to learn from you and keep you close that we might find balance together. As I become less and less of myself I gravitate toward anything that is different and never try to convince others to be like me. You cannot become a clone of me, for in essence we are the same thing and as good as each other. Do not emulate me, we each choose our own path, and that's just how it should be. I am like a snowball slowly melting in a sea of wisdom and humility. My motto is, don't strive just be less and less of yourself and the world will welcome you like an old friend. I cannot know myself.

I'm glad someone counterbalanced the OP. As a newborn baby we start without any layers and as we grow older, we ourselves and our environment will add more and more layers, to protect us from being and feeling vulnerable in this bodily experience. Until... these layers get too thick and it starts to sufficate and isolate us and we want to get rid of them again. And we do this to be able to breathe, to feel, to be truly connected with ourselves and others, and to know what it means to be actually alive. Trying to experience again what we loved so much as being a young and innocent child. Now, isn't that ironic?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: snchrnct

The OP was really playing the devil's advocate! A sort of parody on those, so full of themselves that they have no room for others. What you say is true of course. In an ideal world we would not accumulate so much unnecessary and burdensome baggage that we do ourselves and others disservice. It is all about balance...wisdom and innocence, hand in hand.

edit on 26-11-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

The OP was really playing the devil's advocate! A sort of parody on those, so full of themselves that they have no room for others. What you say is true of course. In an ideal world we would not accumulate so much unnecessary and burdensome baggage that we do ourselves and others disservice. It is all about balance...wisdom and innocence, hand in hand.

Thanks for your reply, and probably the OP was indeed playing the devil's advocate. However, in these troubling times it's so easy and tempting to add layers instead of taking them down, that I felt the need to reply anyways.

And I think it's so hard for most people to take the journey inwards instead of outwards (including myself), that we really need that voice to be heard too. We are being bombarded on a daily basis with all kinds of bull#, and we will do anything but to challenge our own ego. Plus there are so many false leaders around that are guiding people down the wrong path. We should start listening to ourselves more, for the true guide is within us all.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Vanity vanity, all is vanity ... Oscar Wilde

Getting to know the real you and your place in the Universe is important ... we are each on a path ... some take selfies along the way lol

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Reminds me of agent Smith in The Matrix ("Me, me ,me" he says , as he clones himself into a multitude of himself)

Seriously , I think I know what you mean. How many of us are engaged in this ? Is it good or bad ?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It is good that you know, from there on its what you do with that knowing.a reply to: crowdedskies

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Many of these "layers" are overfed by tptb and it is no coincidence.. Doesnt require much thinking to understand: overstimulating the ego of people is what maintain them in the matrix unable to free themselves. Those in-the-know know what spirituality is and how to take advantage of those that dont. I would almost call it the science of conditionning, entangling and debilitating the mind. But this aint any science, it is the beast so many talk of but have no idea what it truly means.

Oh yes its pretty much ironic to come to the conclusion that your best part is your child part and that it should be nurtured instead of erased. Who here was never told "to grow up"?

This society is a creation and an experiment. Your "child part" is none other but consciousness. You show more of it when very young because you are still untarnished but as time goes it gets trampled upon until to become a spectre of a noise, thanks to the mad society, silly beliefs and broken parents that focus on making false logic and materialism your only gods. And to make matter worse, unknowingly..

People with genius and high creativity are more conscious for instance. On the contrary, those with a dull mind, short sightedness and closed mindedness are egotistic and separated from true life. Skepticism is one hell of a fine example of a symptom of separation from true wisdom and intuition. By the way, this is one if not THE one main reason why so many have psychological problems. They dont get they have become sort of "mental tetraplegics".

The Kali Yuga or age of ignorance didnt get its name for nothing.. the ultimate ignorance is when you forget what you are. And this kali yuga is unfolding, at this very moment. This is historical as well as existential. The worse age of all is the one with most potential for greatness once the tipping point is reached. Tptb know it hence why they dont seem to give a # about anything. Society is in full retard mode for some times in case you still dont know it and thats a major clue that the biggest change you ever imagined, is coming...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This is the sentiment of true confidence. When most people see it, they are intimidated. They call it selfish, narcissistic, egotistical. And sometimes it is! But sometimes it is the result of a person who has taken full responsibility for their life, and by extension, the world.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yes it is hard to dicern the difference, between your two versions. But as we observe we should see some tell tale signs that are real.a reply to: MemeticHarvest

top topics

<<   2 >>

join