It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A renewed interest (hi asala) =P

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, I keep coming back, don't I?

And no, I'm not John Titor.
And no, I'm not WiTD.
And no, I'm not AB.

I've been around for about 2 and half years now, used to be 'round here more often and such, went for some global traveling and now I'm back to post again.

I can't wait to get back into the swing of things! Asala - I'm assuming the newbie help line collapsed? Or can I resume my position as the CEO? lol

-wD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Welcome back, WeBDeviL.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Are you talking about the new adoption thing we got on going?

If so, the answer is no. Look at my signature.

Surf

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Welcome back!, you have been away for quite some time...good to have ya back, and I am sure the new people will appreciate your kindness, as I did-

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thank you, you three.

Ah, I see my newbie help line was outbid in a sense by the adoption thread - an old one at that. No worries, would you mind u2uing that link to me, by any chance? =]

Best wishes,

-wD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Welcome BACK!!!!

Great to see you!!

and of course the new member help line is still up and running!!

So welcome back boss! lol

(Webdevil was the one who started the newmember help line many moons ago)

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
See my siggy WD. Do you approve?

I even have a graduate.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Welcome back, WebDevil !

Hope you're back for good this time.

Edit: Oh and Intrepid, nice tripod avatar. As a mod, don't u know yet that the best place for an avatar is still the ATS hosting space ? hehe

[edit on 5-1-2005 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
great work WD and asala on the newbie help line

i have some "kids" of mine too

anyway, how was your global travel WD???

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh, it was nice.

Actually, I traveled mostly Europe, and a little bit of Australia.

Went through Belgium, France, Germany, and headed over to see the good ol' Brits =] Stayed there for awhile with some people that my family happens to know, then headed over to visit my family in Ireland. Oh how I love that place. After that we headed down to the Gold Coast of Australia and stayed there for four days.

I think, by far, that my two favorite places so far are Australia and Ireland. But I haven't been to Africa of parts of Asia yet, so we'll see.

thanks for asking

-wD

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Oh, it was nice.

Actually, I traveled mostly Europe, and a little bit of Australia.

Went through Belgium, France, Germany, and headed over to see the good ol' Brits =] Stayed there for awhile with some people that my family happens to know, then headed over to visit my family in Ireland. Oh how I love that place. After that we headed down to the Gold Coast of Australia and stayed there for four days.

I think, by far, that my two favorite places so far are Australia and Ireland. But I haven't been to Africa of parts of Asia yet, so we'll see.

thanks for asking

-wD

very impressive my friend

i would like to see the world...

to see if amrica is really the best country...

based on your experiences, what do you think about america???

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, a little bit of an opinion fueled answer here, but we'll manage lol

Pretty much, America kicks . Really. You may think or not think so, but IMHO, I think it is the best place to live. Personally though, I am not talking about big cities, etc. Where I am coming from with that statement is regarding the midwest, where I really want to live. (I live in SF, CA)
If I could pick anywhere else to live, it would be Ireland. I love the green of that place. The rolling hills and the "simpler" style of life out in the country side just gets to me somehow. Makes you think about the simpler things in life, ya know? Not being caught up in the drag of every day life.
But as far as things goes towards America, I love to live here. I really do. The diversity and culture of it all makes me grin. Why? Simply because you have so many choices for everything that you want. America is really a melting pot of society, and a great one at that.

Take, for example, music:

You can get anything: rock, hip-hop, classical, jazz, techno, country (my favorite), etc etc., and all the variations in between! (ie classic rock)

In fact, I'll tell you a story.

I walked into a Circuit City a couple days ago looking for a flat screen TV, actually. And as I walked around just two aisles of that story, it occured to me that it was a melting pot. They had 10 TV's lined up, to show customers and whatnot, and on them I saw this:

Wrestling, Rap, Basketball, Classical music station, the FOOD Channel, A news station (believe it was Fox News), three TV stations (playing movies and whatnot), and a local station.

It occured to me that this was a great example of how diverse and interesting our society really is. You get some of this outside the U.S., and it isn't all that bad out there, but I would definately say I love living in America still.

Well, that was a long reply, so I'll wrap it up, but, BTW: Belgians are one friendly group of people. =]

-wD

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
great post my friend...

thanks for the insite...

new topics

top topics

join