It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I needed a neighbour were you there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Matthew 11:25: "At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike."

I love beautiful simple gospel music. It is my source for wisdom. The Holy Spirit truly shines in those simple gospel hymns composed by the meek for the meek. What did Jesus say about the meek? Do you remember?

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.

Yes, I truly know this and that is why I take this earth with "a pint of salt" (deliberate replacement of pinch with pint and alluding to the use of salt after being whipped by the slave master and having it poured onto the lacerations to worsen the pain of the punishment and I expect as a crude way of disinfecting the wounds. Also we know that Jesus loves us who are the salt of the earth. Don't let the salt lose its taste! Remember?)

Here is this beautiful hymn "When I Needed A Neighbour". Written by Sydney Bertram Carter (1915-2004),

"Sydney Bertram Carter (6 May 1915 – 13 March 2004) was an English poet, songwriter, folk musician, born in Camden Town, London. He is best known for the song "Lord of the Dance" (1967), set to the tune of the American Shaker song "Simple Gifts", and the song "The Crow on the Cradle". Other notable songs include "Julian of Norwich" (sometimes called "The Bells of Norwich"), based on words of Julian of Norwich, "One More Step Along the World I Go", "When I Needed a Neighbour", "Friday Morning", "Every Star Shall Sing a Carol", "The Youth of the Heart" and "Down Below"."

Yes, he lived in my favourite MULTI CULTURAL place Camden Town, London, UK!

I have chosen this gentle lady Jancis Harvey singing it acoustically. Of no particular fame, just singing this beautiful wisdom.

"When I needed a neighbor were you there, were you there?
When I needed a neighbor were you there?

And the creed and the colour and the name won't matter, Were you there?

I was hungry and thirsty, were you there, were you there?
I was hungry and thirsty, were you there?

I was cold, I was naked, were you there, were you there?
I was cold, I was naked, were you there?

When I needed a shelter were you there, were you there?
When I needed a shelter were you there?

When I needed a healer were you there, were you there?
When I needed a healer were you there?

Wherever you travel I'll be there, I'll be there,
Wherever you travel I'll be there.
And the creed and the colour and the name won't matter, I'll be there."

Yep! Still here Lord of the Dance. I know You are, too.

Amen!

edit on 23-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I sang this song of praise when I auditioned for my primary school choir. It was always one of my favourites in school.

Thanks for the memories.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
I am sharing this one with you, though it is much more modern, but it reminds me how such little things can make such a huge difference in someone's life, and we all our neighbors.

edit on 23-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Video fix.

new topics

join