It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ironic Columbus days and Thanksgiving Memes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Look at thanksgiving memes talking about the irony of thanksgiving and religious refugees and think back to all the memes about Colombus and the Europeans killing millions of American Indians. How much overlap are you noticing. I am noticing a ton

It's like. One has to let anyone on your land that wants on your land, or you are a xenophob . At the same time, keep in mind, after they 'slaughter you' and take your land, just don't celebrate them, or you are being oppressive.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
this meme isnt a thanksgiving meme but it kinda sums up my thoughts on the refugee situationwww.zerohedge.com...
edit on 22-11-2015 by Rabb420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
now i dont have a problem with anyone wanting to eat all 10,000 of those m&m's its just that you have to test all 10,000 of them first to weed out the ones with poison in them

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I agree with the parallels between the natives and the "Columbus" era explorers; and the "refugees" that are heading our respective directions... Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rabb420
now i dont have a problem with anyone wanting to eat all 10,000 of those m&m's its just that you have to test all 10,000 of them first to weed out the ones with poison in them

The next batch will have just as many.

I agree with you, but your analogy paints thousands of people as undesirable based on the actions of a few.
edit on 23-11-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

true but unfortunately thats how this new world seems to work lol

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It's not being a xenophobe, it's being racist. Painting a group of people with a broad brush because you are afraid because some people from their group are crazy. I wonder if you are a Christian and whether you would enjoy being compared to Westboro or the KKK...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
It's not being a xenophobe, it's being racist. Painting a group of people with a broad brush because you are afraid because some people from their group are crazy. I wonder if you are a Christian and whether you would enjoy being compared to Westboro or the KKK...

Can't be racist against islam, it is a religion not a race...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I disagree, if you want to travel internationally you need a passport. The reason behind this is not just to identify you as a person but to allow foreign states to determine weather or not they wish to allow you into their country (which is why felons must apply for a ministers permit to enter Canada for example). Many refugees do not have such credentials due to the nature of their departure from their homeland. That doesn't mean we should just welcome them with open arms (or borders). Its not painting a populace as undesirable per say, just that you need to weed out the few bad apples from the good.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

originally posted by: superman2012

Can't be racist against islam, it is a religion not a race...

I took it as it was meant.

join