It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinjar: first images show total devastation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Some of the numbers from once ISIS held Sinjar. Call it what you may but this type of stuff and ISIS needs to be stopped and I don't care who is funding them it all needs to be exposed and stopped... a cleansing..B.S. just plain murder ?
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

IRAQ: --The first images from Sinjar show the Iraqi town show scenes of total devastation.

An estimated 200,000 people lived in Sinjar before it was overrun by ISIL fighters in August 2014.

“This is frightening,” said one young Kurdish fighter. “When you look at what Sinjar was and how it is now. The town is in ruins, it is worse that Kobani.”

Sinjar’s 50,000 strong Yazidi population was purged after it was overrun.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What a disgusting waste of human life.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Vice News

Yes, they really "totaled" the entire town as shown in the video's ending.

But I disagree with their conclusion that it is not worth returning to.

This cities past seems almost magical in terms of religious significance to Kurds and Ysidi people. They bave asked Iraqi government for help and I think they will.

US and UN should help.

They are permanently traumatized, but a new generation can overcome this.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Vice News

This documentatary explains the importance of freeing Sinjar. Even American Jordan Matson is told about how important it is to locals and are willing to die in the cause...as Jordan did die two months after this video was taken.

It is 50 minutes of on the front lines at Kobane and the woman fighters played the deciding factor to push ISIS out.

A ex-Sryian soldier was elected commander of Kabane defense...and you learn why in this documentaty.
edit on 21-11-2015 by Granite because: sp

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
how can ISIS run over a city when we have are superiority? hmmmm

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Every woman in that city would be enslaved and raped. Including little girls. The young boys would be brainwashed as ISIS terrorists or killed. The men are already dead. Every single ISIS taken city should be leveled. The people there are already dead. Your saving the innocent from hell by goving them a quick death. Its sad but true.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Every woman in that city would be enslaved and raped. Including little girls. The young boys would be brainwashed as ISIS terrorists or killed. The men are already dead. Every single ISIS taken city should be leveled. The people there are already dead. Your saving the innocent from hell by goving them a quick death. Its sad but true.

Our you just launch a more covert attack and deal with the bad guys?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: scorpio84

originally posted by: texasyeti

Our you just launch a more covert attack and deal with the bad guys?

By the time ISIS are done with a place it seems there are no civilians left.

You join them or you die.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The place has been all but destroyed, but those who survived should not just be written off. They have not been "brainwashed" by the sick cult that rode into town, suggesting so is ridiculous.

These people know what happened to them, they know who the psychopaths are, they are not eager to become psychopaths themselves.

This is what the ignorant fools of ISIS don't realize - they cannot win. Making people submit to your cult NEVER works as a controlling mechanism. Cults convert people through persuasion, not violence.

Unfortunately, I do think we're going to need a greater force on the ground in these countries to effect any real difference against ISIS. The bombing campaign is not going to be enough to eradicate this extremism. But, we need to do it with extreme caution and make sure we're winning over the local populations, something we didn't do effectively before.

The difference this time is that the vast majority of the people in these countries are already on our side and fighting against ISIS themselves. We need to coordinate their efforts with us to help them save their country from not only ISIS but Assad too. ISIS first, then Assad.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Assad not our problem.

Forceing regime change on ME is what brought us ISIS in the first bloody place.

Unless Assad attacks the west he is not our concern.

ISIS is only what we should focus on as theh are the ones attacking us.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Forced regime change and surreptitious activity has been a direct result of the wests respect for life while also maintaining a foreign policy that protects interests;and don't even opine about how the west or specifically America shouldn't protect its interests, every country does, big or small and will until all of us #ing shake hands and put our Differences aside, and hold eachother responsible, and our selves!

Until then expect more of a cluster #. The wests foreign-policy blunder, removing dictators and placing dictators is a two part reason, first resource and the way it is divided up amongst the crazy ass Islamic extremists which as far as I can tell is pretty much the majority of the Middle East,also because terrorism has existed and will continue to exist, these reasons force us into this #ing quagmire.

it's fun to sit from your comfy home and opine about all the foreign policy blunders, and how you would of been so much better, the thing is because we respect life we haven't gone in full force and total bombardment like we did with nazi Germany, that is why we can point to the blunders and say,"oh look we are weak our policy's failed" damn right they failed!

now, I imagine very soon all of the major four (super powers) are going to get together shake hands and control the Middle East and occupy it, until it resembles something like modern day Germany, I also think apart of that deal is going to be telling China to take care of its bitch North Korea, and all of the big four to hold eachother and our selves personally responsible, this is a opportunity for unity.

Having said all that the next argument the (Monday morning quarterbacks, or the hate America first crowd) likes to make, is,"we can't be in their lands we are horrible evil people!" Well first they flock to our lands, they clearly do not have a problem with the way we live, or our cultures and they wish to reap the benefits of that, these peoples who need help we should help, but we need to occupy and totally control until the society's are built (even if it's 50 years) and resemble Germany.

Also, the big four need to get together and tell Saudi you are done, and exporting extremism ain't gonna happen clean your mess the # up or we will clean it for you, and to a lesser extent Iran, because i'm going to ask you all right now; (well, first I'm going to say, not not all Muslims are extremists but some are) and so how many Islamic terrorists are acceptable in your world?

The answer is 0 and if it's anymore you are completely off the deep end. This is pretty much the run down and the truth as I see it, America is not evil, nor is the west or any other #ing country that is protecting its interests,and combating Islamic extremists, and because of that we all have a common ground and a opportunity and it's time to leave these failed policy's behind shake hands and clean house, that's what I think. How about you brother?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

problem with your theory...Germany isn't in the middle east

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Well whatever our opinions are may be irrelevant now.

China just entered the war with iSiS, that means UK, france, Russia and china on the UN security council will vote now in favour of direct action on ISiS, so it all rests on how the USA votes. If they vote with us favour of exterminateing ISIS or or veto it in favour of there BFF saudi Arabia.

If the UN go into to force a ceasefire that will likely be it for ISIS, Assad, FSA and every other brand of terrorists in syria like what happend in yugoslavia.

top topics

join