It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are seeing the past repeat itself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Islam controlled Countries are showing us what life was like in North America and Europe of old.

Those two continents at one time were both controlled by religion and like Islam, it was the radicals who were in control and dictated insane ideologies.

Look at the countries of Canada and US, look at the chaos and mayhem that these religions did when they had total control.

If anyone tells you that all these religions are different or are more evolved, got some news for you...they aren't. The only difference is, how much control they have.

Tell the supposed "Salem witch's" Christianity is different than Islam, tell the First Nations people of Canada who were rounded up and subjected to atrocities that the Catholics were different than Islam.

edit on 21-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I had no idea that as I grew up I would personally watch the world get dumber. Gotta be the TV's.

Things that make the most logical sense to a 4th grader appears lost on world leaders.

Arguments used to go to war are as baseless as the schoolyard bully telling the teacher the kid ran into his fist.

Yet, nobody bats an eye. It's crazy weird to be honest, like living in some strange sci-fi low budget film.

I watched a CNN reporter say Paris is a police state 5 times in 3 minutes as if it was a good thing. Exact words "police state", more conditioning perhaps.

If this world loses anymore IQ points I'd recommend global euthanasia.
edit on 21-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

The modern day economy is a religion. Are you suggesting that it itself isn't devouring societies morals as well as the landscapes around it? Because it has its own rules, Laws all the people who use it have to obey. Millions of people die for it. More than Radical Islam. No matter how many bombs are dropped in the middle east because of terrorism and war it won't ever amount to the damage the Economic religion will cause.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

What gets me furious over this is that no one is brave enough to talk about getting to the root of this religious nonsense thats spoiling the world.

If we are to stop it in its tracks we need to stop these vile hate spreading imans from poisoning young people, the vulnerable and misfits minds. These are who we need to fight and remove from society because they are so dangerous to everyone. People need to remember these men don't put on a suicide vest themselves which says it all. We need to look very closely at Saudi and its meddling in our countries by supplying many of these mosques and imams.

People also need to know the threat islam represents via these Imams to us. Its our ignorance about exactly what Islamic dogma teaches on how to treat non-Muslims sanctioned via by the Hadiths and what Sharia legalises for Muslims to do that is putting us at Risk. Sharia despite Muslim denial is considered about the law of the land. Added to this is the Christian naivety that Islam has the same values as it, which is not the case at all as demonstrated by Bilal Abdullah, a British born Doctor whom people trusted.

en.wikipedia.org...

He would have been perceived as a 'moderate Muslim" working at the Royal Alexander Hospital Paisley Scotland. who tried to blow up Glasgow International Airport and also, nice man, wore a suicide jacket obviously to hurt anyone if his murderous attempt failed.

Sadly ou get the usual denials and expressed horror from his family. But - and its a big But, his father had been repeatedly called by the college where Bilal studied because of his trying to recruit terrorists and he was Wahhabi motivated. His family knew they had a dangerous member and obviously did nothing about it to warn people here.

In fairness this man was motivated by the dreadful war in Iraq sponsored by Bush and Blair. Its a shame he didn't listen to how ordinary people here, who he set out to kill and maim thought about Blair and Iraq. He would have realised most hated what had happened and would have done what they could to alleviate many of the things he felt so strongly about. He saw the people here because of his Wahhabi conditioning and hatred as enemies, not as possible allies who would approve of him wanting to stop uranium tipped weapons being used there. Those Imams used this man and without their intervention he might have put his efforts into working with similar minded people who want the best for everyone, despite their religious persuasions.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
I had no idea that as I grew up I would personally watch the world get dumber. Gotta be the TV's.

Things that make the most logical sense to a 4th grader appears lost on world leaders.

Arguments used to go to war are as baseless as the schoolyard bully telling the teacher the kid ran into his fist.

Yet, nobody bats an eye. It's crazy weird to be honest, like living in some strange sci-fi low budget film.

I watched a CNN reporter say Paris is a police state 5 times in 3 minutes as if it was a good thing. Exact words "police state", more conditioning perhaps.

If this world loses anymore IQ points I'd recommend global euthanasia.

Well said. As far as this mess is concerned, I'm damned glad to be out of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Really? The North American Indians practiced extreme religion?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

What are you on about?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Not too mention the colonies outside of the Massachusetts colony.

Generalities like this are most annoying.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

What are you trying to say anyways? I am saying all religion is equal and when it is in control, it is the radicals who take over.

When Christianity had absolute control in North America, it committed horrendous acts in the name of religion.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Christianity never had complete control over North America. Ever.

That's what I'm saying.

As for the bad that folks do in the name of whichever religion, so too, has much good been done in the name of religion.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If Christianity never had control ever, how were they able to kill without impunity during early America.

The accused witches, Ku Klux Klan, Native Americans..etc

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Actually no. What happened in America due to the settlers and conquerors and missionaries is totally different than what is happening with the terrorists in the Middle East. Back then, they thought that what they were doing was the right thing to do because they didn't understand the value of all human life and they were in a strange land and they felt that they were superior. Of course, in retrospect, what they did was wrong. But you cannot judge what they did back then through a modern lens because of ethical subjectivism. Today, you call them radicals. But back then that was just the dominant culture. And the dominant culture evolves over time.

What is happening in the Middle East today is the product of evil and of a totalitarian regime that seeks terror and domination. Never in America have we had a totalitarian regime. Never have we fought dirty like the terrorists. And never in Europe--not even in the Dark Ages--has anything been like what it is in the Middle East at the moment.

I think you're seeing what you want to see. The terrorists are not the dominant culture--they are the minority. So actually, if you want to go all comparative with history, then tell me when has a minority group done anything similar to what the terrorists are doing? I'm sure there are plenty of examples of that. Anyway, you can't compare apples and oranges.

Is this just a thread to hate on religion? The terrorists aren't even religious, you know. They're liars and they use that front to control their members.

The witches were victims of the dominant culture. The terrorists are not the dominant culture. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Yes. You're absolutely correct.
edit on 21-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

If Christianity never had control ever, how were they able to kill without impunity during early America.

The accused witches, Ku Klux Klan, Native Americans..etc

Seldom, if ever, were those groups sanctioned by "religion". Certainly not in any official capacity. At best, religion was a windo'w dressing to try and justify the actions.

The witch trials were hysteria writ large, along with a healthy dose of ignorance. Not to mention power mongering on the part of many of the leading characters.

The KKK? Really? Bigotry, plain and simple. Religion used as a prop, nothing more.

Native Americans... Religion was only one of many excuses given.

Religion is hardly the only reason. Hate to tell you this, but much of this would have occurred anyway. Just different "reasons".

top topics

join