It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Defend your family, go to jail'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If I found him in my house, IN MY SONS BED ROOM...!

1. Come into my house...!
2. If I catch you, you aren't leaving...!
3. I would have shot him in the face...!
4. There anybody else want to come and go through my house...

No didn't think so.

Give the guy a trophy. The burglars balls in a glass cup...

lovely.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by tututkamen
to bad he wasn't living in Texas
lucky he wasn't in Massachusetts they have a mandatory year in jail for unregistered weapons

Oh, they'd have jailed him here in Texas if he didn't have a license. If you have a home invader, you can't shoot them with your unlicensed Uzi or Walther PK and get off scott-free, either.

Bad choices, bad decisions. He'd have gotten off scott-free if he showed up with a baseball bat (not corked) and messed the guy's knees up. And close up, a baseball bat has more stopping power.

Actually, in Texas there is NO gun registration whatsoever. The ONLY gun license in the state of Texas is the Concealed Handgun License which allows you to carry a handgun concealed in public. However, in the case of defending yourself and family from a home invasion, this is not required, and it happens on a daily basis.

In Texas, normal SOP in the event of a self defense shooting is for the police to take custody of the firearm, and likely place the shooter/homeowner in temporary custody, while an investigation is conducted. Charges may be filed (temporarily) to satisfy due process: however, if the determination is made that it was indeed a clean self defence shooting, all charges are dropped, the homeowner is released, and usually he gets his gun back.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grommer

and UP here's a quote from the part I was talking about.

"Your forefathers created one nation under God, with liberty and justice for all. These were men of high ideals, spiritually guided and inspired to create a nation and a civilization to be admired and respected, to set an example for the rest of the world. In exercising their free will under God's guidance and direction, they created a Constitution and a Bill of Rights for every man, woman, and child to live in freedom in the pursuit of happiness. Yet these high-minded and spiritual men were soon replaced by others who, in the exercise of their free will, chose to put their egos before God and to joust with God's plan.

Ok Grommer.Understood.
But I don't see the corelation with the NWO. All the governments are acting like that, not just those who are calling for a NWO.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Bad choices, bad decisions. He'd have gotten off scott-free if he showed up with a baseball bat (not corked) and messed the guy's knees up. And close up, a baseball bat has more stopping power. Posted by Byrd

Actually, in Texas, if the invader forcefully enters your premesis, and verbally indicates a willingness to injure or kill you, regardless if he is armed or not, you are justified to defend yourself.

I agree baseball bats are dangerous, but I would still rely on a .45 (or better yet, a Remington)

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
well if you think about it UP,

'Yet these high-minded and spiritual men were soon replaced by others who, in the exercise of their free will, chose to put their egos before God and to joust with God's plan. '

what do these NWO folks care about? them, and only themselves. You said yourself you dont see the correllation because all the governents are acting like this, so who do you think is in control?

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Onlyinmydreams,

very good point. In that sort of stiuation, I know that nobody would think about consequences or laws, the sole thought in your mind is saving yourself and doing the bad guy some damage. It's human instinct, and is uncontrollable. It's time the law recognised that.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
PEOPLE! SAID THIS,THREE READ IT, HE GOT IN TROUBLE FOR THE UNREGISTERED GUN! NOT SHOOTING THE INVADER!!!!!

Edited part

It wasn't because he shot the guy, but the unregistered gun. So why are people asking about owning guns and all?

For the banning of guns. If you do, only criminals will have them. And stun gun? if he has a gun, you won't get close. Heck, if he has a screw driver you won't.

But still, should shoot the guy in the nuts. Make sure he doesn't raise kids like him.

[Edited on 12-6-2003 by James the Lesser]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join